Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Today's Air Show...
    #1562983 - 05/20/03 03:07 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I live out in forested rural country, by a big lake, and nature abounds here. There is always something going on with the little woodland critters. Yes, there's never a dull moment! :laugh:

So I heard this weird squawking overhead today, and I looked up and there were these hawks, magnificent birds of prey, being harassed by these flocks of black crows.

It pretty much looked like Chinese Mig fighters harassing American P3 Spy planes. The hawks are much bigger and sort of coast along, and small groups of these menacing little crows are squawking and flying in and out of the hawk's flight path.

Now, mind you, these hawks could pretty much wipe the floor with these little crows, but they seem to see them as an annoyance, as they coast along, at low altitude, looking for a juicy little field mouse.

I'm not a really big fan of crows, as they make a lot of noise, and they chase away the little song birds, which make pretty music. I sort of wish the hawks would get their blood up, get organized, and kick some serious crow tail!

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Today's Air Show... [Re: Papaver]
    #1563065 - 05/20/03 03:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I live out in forested rural country, by a big lake

I'm jealous... My shitty desert town smells like shit, and it's hard to find a good nature show.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Anonymous

#1563105 - 05/20/03 03:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I grew up on a pecan farm
we could shoot as many crows as we wanted all year long
they are seen as nusiance animals and have no season or limit.

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
    #1563421 - 05/20/03 06:08 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Crows and starlings are both nuisance birds. Especially starlings. They are a non native species that is extremely invasive and has almost wiped out most of the eastern bluebird population. They find other birds nesting spots and fill up the holes. They also kill baby chicks of other species. I get starlings at my feeders all the time, they chase away all of the songbirds. Every time I see a starling I shoot it.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Today's Air Show... [Re: superpimp]
    #1563452 - 05/20/03 06:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

> Every time I see a starling I shoot it.

Yeah, I've been to certain parts Philly where it's ok to shoot off weapons, as a matter of fact, it happens all the time -- sort of like Kandahar, Afghanistan. I think I know what part of town you live in now... :wink:

--------------------

Edited by papaver (05/20/03 06:24 PM)

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
    #1563500 - 05/20/03 06:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I use my pellet rifle for the birds. Never the less, there is no shortage of gunfire in the area. I live in a really good neighborhood, but just a few blocks from here is where North Philly starts, one of the shittiest ghetto areas in North America. I hear gunfire almost every night in the summer. Last night I heard a nice burst of automatic weapons fire(9mm) and then the police chopper was circling over that area for a while with the search light on. It was several miles from my place, so I just sat out on my deck with a beer watching the show and listening to the play by play on my scanner. It's sort of like going to a baseball game and taking a radio in with you so you can hear the game call at the same time.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Today's Air Show... [Re: superpimp]
    #1563529 - 05/20/03 06:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It was several miles from my place, so I just sat out on my deck with a beer watching the show and listening to the play by play on my scanner.  It's sort of like going to a baseball game and taking a radio in with you so you can hear the game call at the same time.

Sort of like mixing two great American pastimes together -- baseball and watching Cops on the Fox network! :laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub