Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
ACLU haters
    #1555468 - 05/17/03 12:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I see a lot of people hate the ACLU. Why? Name some things they've done that you object to, and why.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: ACLU haters [Re: silversoul7]
    #1555489 - 05/17/03 12:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Who? What? Huh?

I havnt seen any ACLU haters...

I dont pay much attention either...

for me ACLU is KING.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1555800 - 05/17/03 06:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

First I'll start by saying that despite the fact I think they are moronic fuckheads (which I'm sure you saw in another thread and is possibly the reason you started this one), I do think they serve a valid purpose.

My feelings on the ACLU have developed over many years (i'm 45 so I have a "few" years under my belt). I find some of what they do wonderful.. but then along comes something like this....
A Link

And SOME (but not all) of this....
Another Link

There are many reasons they are needed, and many reasons I find them to be hypocritical assholes. I'm not willing to spend the time to go back and research years of things they did that I don't like though so this is about as far as I'll go here.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: ACLU haters [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1556045 - 05/17/03 11:07 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

There are many reasons they are needed, and many reasons I find them to be hypocritical assholes. I'm not willing to spend the time to go back and research years of things they did that I don't like though so this is about as far as I'll go here

you dont feel that after a criminal has served his sentance in prison that he should be free from state supervision? The first link states *after* release from state custody...how would you like to be on probation for a couple of years, be released and still have cops out periodicly to search you home...I figure it like this...on a legitimate sex offense, increase the time to be served...parole shouldn't be an option....rape, child molestation....these are crimes that for the most part destroy someone life....it tramples over the freedom that those people should have had....the ACLU is right in wanting that statute removed...but they should have recomended a better alternative....mandatory death peanalty or 'life and a day'.

Mych of what the second link is whining about is something that should be protected..."school uniform - enforced conformity"...what would be gained, loss of identity? thats a great one for the school system...I would protest it if it were enforced in my kids school....I would file suit against the system.

"11:00 pm teen curfew"...I was always out past....sometimes not getting home until 5 or 6...I started working at the age of 12, I gave the money to my mom for help with the bills....I was treated like an adult by her and anytime I had been 'picked up', mom was there with lawyer in tow...local police quickly learned that trying to enforce a civil rights violation is pointless...took 4 years before they were to begin treating me as a responsible adult....but some never did, I was 25 when it last occured...the cop said 'honest people are in bed at this hour'...up kinda late arent you officer....that got me arrested...the gun didnt help, 3 hours later I was released with an apology....

"Metal detectors in schools"....see through book bags and shit like this are all but useless...everytime I walk into a school with a metal detector I feel as if I'm entering prison...My little brother was suspended for not having a seethrough book bag, he mentioed the purses that girls carried and that was suddenly a different issue...sort of discriminatory in my opinion....I told him to show up in his boxers....he did...5 more days suspension...lifted after I explained about purses and book bags, that either could be used to conceal a weapon....then drew my .45 and showed that pants are easily used to conceal weapons as well...thank god for permits and a few reasonable cops...

look at the path that society will be following....when we become accustomed to these restrictions in every day life, we will not notice that we have no longer have any freedoms...cameras all over the highway systems, most urban and many suburban roads....canada recently had a problem with peeping cameras...where does this stop....are the cameras there for monitoring traffic?

P#1

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: ACLU haters [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1556324 - 05/17/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Agreed!

Civil liberties are very different from civil morals.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: ACLU haters [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1556331 - 05/17/03 02:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

you dont feel that after a criminal has served his sentance in prison that he should be free from state supervision?

Depends on the crime. Murderers, violent offenders, rapists, child molesters should NEVER stop being watched. NEVER.
Better yet, keep those offenders in jail for life even after the first offense. NO PAROLE for those scumbags.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #1556350 - 05/17/03 02:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

whas up. maybe they should come in every year for a psychological evaluation or something,, expecially if they were intentionally violent in their crime.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: ACLU haters [Re: nugsarenice]
    #1556358 - 05/17/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well I can't honestly say I'm glad to see you back but the time away seems to have done your sentence writing a bit of good. It's coherent. No drugs where you were?

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1556420 - 05/17/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Oh lord, my nemesis is back....whatcha been up to?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1556488 - 05/17/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

nugs !!!!!

Quanto tiempo! Que pasa, hermano mio? Todo bien en la vida tuya?

(sorry, but I speak no Hawaiian, so I laid some Spanish on ya instead. Hope that's okay with you.)

pinky

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1556540 - 05/17/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Depends on the crime. Murderers, violent offenders, rapists, child molesters should NEVER stop being watched. NEVER.
Better yet, keep those offenders in jail for life even after the first offense. NO PAROLE for those scumbags.

they should never be released....who allowed their victims a chance at a normal life...many shouldnt be allowed to live....and *that* shouldnt take 17 years and several appeals that waste tax money to implement....1 appeal...then you die...

life and a day....you leave prison in a box....

P#1

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1556569 - 05/17/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Have they ever stood up for someone's right to pray in school? It seems they are pushing a selective agenda other than just "Civil Rights".

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: ACLU haters [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1556791 - 05/17/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Actually, they have defended religion on several occassions. There's one I can think of where they stood up for Christian students' rights to pass out pamphlets trying to convert people.

--------------------

Edited by silversoul7 (05/17/03 08:10 PM)

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1556835 - 05/17/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'd love to have a link to sluff like that.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1556842 - 05/17/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1557120 - 05/17/03 10:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks, I feel a little better now. :grin:

--------------------

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
    #1558197 - 05/18/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Have they ever stood up for someone's right to pray in school?

Why should they? Anybody can pray in school at anytime. Just bow yer head, close your eyes and pray away. If you're talking about forced prayer or praying through loudspeakers - In a public school, that is a violation of non-Christians civil rights and is something I'm thankful the ACLU speaks out against (remember separation of church and STATE?). If you want your kids to pray at school, YOU shell out the $$ and send their asses to a private school. I'm not paying for that shit with my tax dollars.

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ACLU haters [Re: jimsuzo]
    #1558360 - 05/18/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Sometimes schools try too hard to keep religion out. Read the link above to see one case.

There have been others where students were suspended for attempting to lead prayers, or were denied the right to form religion based school clubs.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #1559598 - 05/19/03 08:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

But whats wrong with that? I really have no desire to see people praying when I look up. And my high school refused for years to let me start a NORML club, so why should they get to start a "Young Americans for Jesus" or some bull?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
    #1559627 - 05/19/03 09:18 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah - that link illustrates a case where MAYBE the school was a bit harsh. You specifically mentioned praying in your original post and I will always be 100% against it if the school is state-funded.

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom