Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!!
    #1542072 -

The only thing Nebraska is good for :wink:...

I decided to go to one of my regular patches on Saturday, and this is what I found. Not quite four pounds total. Real nice ones. I plan on going out again tonight and seeing what I can find...

These pictures were taken after the Morels had been cleaned and cut in half, for cooking purposes of course. Should still give you an idea of what I found though...





















 

Edited by psilocybespawn (05/12/03 03:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: psilocybespawn]
    #1542132 -

Maaaan...

I wish I was in your neck of the woods... :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: psilocybespawn]
    #1542136 -

Very nice. Why are some of them in water? Are you making soup?


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1542152 -

I soak them in salt water before cooking them. If there are any little bugs on them, which there never are, the salt water drives them out of the Morels and kills them. It is mainly a habit that I learned from my father, and he probably learned it from his father, and so on. A local tradition you could say. No bugs were found on these shrooms, though. Another positive thing that a water soak does, is makes the Morels more pliable. As picked, morels can be somewhat brittle, and soaking them softens them up. This makes them a little easier to cook. Probably don't need to soak them, but why not?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: psilocybespawn]
    #1542230 -

very nice find....


--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: motaman]
    #1542233 -

Yum Yum Yum :smile: I've only found three so far this year, but with all the rain we are getting, I have a feeling they'll be popping up soon

Jr


--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1542334 -

nice find! the saltwater thing is a good idea i never would have thought of that. peace.

blaze2


--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: psilocybespawn]
    #1542450 -

Very nice find bro!!!

Next time you go hunting can you post some pictures of them still in the ground please?

I'd love to see some more pics


--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Roadkill]
    #1542464 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: ]
    #1542531 -

Thanks for the good words guys!!

Roadkill- If I find anymore this season, I will for sure post some pics of them before I harvest them. Thanks again...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: Roadkill]
    #1542546 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: ]
    #1542806 -

mmmm morels hot damn i wish i still lived over in eastern washington.


--------------------
stay off my land

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! *DELETED* [Re: cardboard]
    #1542859 -

Post deleted by NiGGy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: NiGGy]
    #1542886 -

Those morels look delicious.
You're one lucky bastard!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: psilocybespawn]
    #1543507 -

Spectacular find! I knew Nerbaska had something other than Cornhuskers.

I second Roadkill's request, can we get some photos from the field?

You must have had one great dinner tonight.

Peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: Stymee]
    #1543824 -

Great find :smile:.
I used to use the saltwater soak for blueberries and salmonberries when i lived in Alaska. i never thought of applying it to mushrooms.

i hope you have a great dinner.


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: Roadkill]
    #1544811 -

Here's a couple pics I took yesterday.








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: Shdwstr]
    #1544962 -

Ah tasty find :-)
Good hunting :-)


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: Shdwstr]
    #1545163 -

Nice pics :smile:!!

Thanks for the compliments guys, I went out last night, but didn't find anything worth taking home. Yesterday was a little cool though, today is a little warmer, and there may be some more out there.  Even if I don't find anymore this season, just this one harvest was enough to make me happy.

My nieghbor, who is also somewhat involved in this hobby, has found even more than I have. He has been finding his amidst the plum thickets in this area. He has found so many that he just started selling them for $20 a pound. People from the big city, Omaha, have been buying them from him. Buying them really isn't neccessary though, because here in the "back country", they are everywhere... 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Morels, Morels, and more Morels!!! [Re: psilocybespawn]
    #1547042 -

Amazing Finds guys! keep it up, Wish i could get morels up here in B.C. Canada :frown:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post deleted by users_request MicronMagick 1,047 3 10/30/01 12:07 PM
by Anonymous
* Post deleted by users_request MicronMagick 910 1 02/26/02 02:37 PM
by mjshroomer
* ID help please (pic posted) *DELETED* TheJoker 2,078 13 06/20/01 11:14 AM
by Mitchnast
* A successful morel hunt (PICS!) Gumby 2,737 14 03/26/03 06:55 AM
by Gumby
* Any1 got any shrooms? im hungry *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* summitstealth 1,199 7 03/09/03 04:43 PM
by Gumby
* stowaway brown shrooms *DELETED* failbot999 1,041 1 10/30/02 11:23 AM
by angryshroom
* Transparent mushroom?
( 1 2 all )
Baby_Hitler 12,045 26 02/23/03 01:09 PM
by ToxicMan
* what fungi are out here? *DELETED* Disco_Stu 1,203 3 09/02/02 02:31 PM
by Gumby

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
2,681 topic views. 1 members, 21 guests and 74 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 14 queries.