Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Shroomism]
    #15418058 -

Shroomism said:
Yes I often feel bad for people in the Pub



Zing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: shLong]
    #15418081 -

I used to volunteer taking care of :tard: people before.  My mom works for a non-profit agency that provides daycare, home-placement, and school-placement for :tard:s of all ages and ranges of  disability.  It's tough for sure.  I wish it was more rewarding for me but I never felt good nor bad about the volunteering I did for a couple of years when I could.  But I know I really helped everyone out there at least.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: lazyfingers]
    #15418093 -

lazyfingers said:
Quote:
lazyfingers said:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my mom's friends teaches special needs kids. She really hates them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Why teach them? Wouldn't it be better to just give them a ball to play with and then feed them every once in a while.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Seriously?  You disgust me.







Well, I guess it depends on how smart they are, but I don't see any point in working with someone who can't learn. I don't know why it would disgust you. I've seen many people who just can't do school. They would be better doing something else.



Most special needs students are not learning math, science and humanities at school like regular students.  Their classes focus on life skills and the skills needed to live and work independently (as much as is possible).

You're suggesting it makes more sense to treat them like a dog and never allow them to have independence and live their own lives?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15418164 -

I know of some very smart people who played with balls and now make lots of money. Very few people are ever truly independent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: lazyfingers]
    #15418170 -

Definitely.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: lazyfingers]
    #15418185 -

lazyfingers said:
I know of some very smart people who played with balls and now make lots of money. Very few people are ever truly independent.



What are you even trying to say?  You're not making any coherent points on the issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15418383 -

pwnasaurus said:
lazyfingers said:
I know of some very smart people who played with balls and now make lots of money. Very few people are ever truly independent.



What are you even trying to say?  You're not making any coherent points on the issue.



He said every male who likes to play with his balls can whore himself for lots of money

Edited by Beanhead (11/24/11 04:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Beanhead]
    #15418436 -

balls whores and money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Beanhead]
    #15418438 -

Quote:
lazyfingers said:
I know of some very smart people who played with balls and now make lots of money. Very few people are ever truly independent.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What are you even trying to say?  You're not making any coherent points on the issue.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



He said every male who likes to play with his balls can whore himself for lots of money





pornography is a booming industry, but I was thinking along the line of sports.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: lazyfingers]
    #15418443 -

lazyfingers said:
pornography is a booming industry, but I was thinking along the line of sports.



Not really, not like it was.  No one pays for porn anymore.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: abltsandwich]
    #15418455 -

but a special olympics of porn? :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Patlal]
    #15418566 -

What kind of political party could we have to prevent or greatly reduce the production of mentally handicapped people?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Luddite]
    #15418587 -

A eugenics party, but those type of people would probably try to eliminate you and me too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: propensity]
    #15418601 -

propensity said:
Depends on the person in question.

A lot of these handicapped folks are happy as fuck. Happier than the "sane" people I know.



:whathesaid:

Talk to them, you'd be surprised.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #15418683 -

Back in highschool I helped out with the special ed. kids. One of them, Leelan, I was pretty close with. One day he started breaking glass bottles and throwing trash cans in the lunch area, security couldn't stop him (big kid, probably 6'5"+) so they got me out of class to calm him down. Once he settled down they took him up to the office, never saw him again.
:aweman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #15418749 -

I do feel bad, but i also have personal dilemmas with raising someone who is unable to fully develop or support themselves.

Could someone explain to me why they feel that sanctity of life is important enough to burden parents/caretakers and the tax system to keep severely mentally challenged floating along until they die of old age?

If you are unable to contribute to society in any tangible way, and are little besides a burden, i don't understand the motive to put so many resources into these people.. IMO

(I am human, i can understand to an extent, that one would want to give the best life possible for their child if it was born retarded, regardless of circumstances.)

I am not preaching for eugenics here, but i think this would be a good opportunity to explore the complex moral issues to do with supporting dysfunctional people throughout their lives regardless of return.

Any thoughts?


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: PDU]
    #15418771 -

PDU said:
I do feel bad, but i also have personal dilemmas with raising someone who is unable to fully develop or support themselves.

Could someone explain to me why they feel that sanctity of life is important enough to burden parents/caretakers and the tax system to keep severely mentally challenged floating along until they die of old age?

If you are unable to contribute to society in any tangible way, and are little besides a burden, i don't understand the motive to put so many resources into these people.. IMO

(I am human, i can understand to an extent, that one would want to give the best life possible for their child if it was born retarded, regardless of circumstances.)

I am not preaching for eugenics here, but i think this would be a good opportunity to explore the complex moral issues to do with supporting dysfunctional people throughout their lives regardless of return.

Any thoughts?




Standard Marxism.  Its already been thought of, and explored pretty extensively.  I'm not saying, I'm just saying.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15418831 -

Handicapped people are not a drain on the economy. Bad bankers, shady businessman, corrupt contractors, politicians for sale, all of these contribute far more to the debt than a handicapped guy who eats hotdogs for lunch and never does anything but make people better learning how to cope with and help him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: lazyfingers]
    #15418873 -

lazyfingers said:
Handicapped people are not a drain on the economy. Bad bankers, shady businessman, corrupt contractors, politicians for sale, all of these contribute far more to the debt than a handicapped guy who eats hotdogs for lunch and never does anything but make people better learning how to cope with and help him.



Well put.  Just.. Yeah, well put.

I can tell you from a bit of experience too, that 'our' tax-dollars usually have little to do with taking care of the disabled. Usually comes right out of the pocket of someone who can barely afford to eat hot-dogs themselves.. So, don't worry too much about it..

Aw crap, I got trolled :huxleyfacepalm:

Edited by RenzoSupreme (11/24/11 06:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Patlal]
    #15418930 -

Don't feel sorry for folks with differences. Support local efforts that try to help them be as independent as possible.  This is all their families want for them.

I work with special needs teens and young adults. True, they might never read as well as I or do their own taxes, but they value their independence as much or more than we do.


--------------------
~Scarab74
We are such stuff as dreams are made of.
                W. Shakespeare - The Tempest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mental Pain Addiction BleedingSickness 1,354 2 10/16/02 09:58 PM
by dee_N_ae
* Who has a mental illness? *group share time* ;-)
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
MOTH 10,693 83 05/13/20 09:38 PM
by deadwk
* good days and bad days ... HB 2,044 18 11/20/03 05:23 PM
by Prodijal_Son
* Feeling like the oppression is really getting to you? MOTH 2,208 15 11/20/03 05:51 AM
by Lightningfractal
* I feel so silly... CeeEssGee 1,153 11 11/20/03 12:25 AM
by Osker246
* Bad Mom! Morphrying 2,693 9 10/14/02 07:18 PM
by Morphrying
* Bad dreams and nightmare
( 1 2 all )
Macey Howard 6,327 32 04/14/03 09:05 PM
by OutkastSlug
* Pot and mental health
( 1 2 all )
Discordja 4,822 21 11/27/02 05:24 AM
by mr_kite

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,377 topic views. 5 members, 20 guests and 142 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.