Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps?
    #15417299 -

Every time I see someone with down's disease, half paralyzed in a wheelchair or people with serious mental retardation I can't help but to feel weird inside.

I can't imagine how they feel. They completely depend on someone else to do everything.

Makes me feel :aweman:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Patlal]
    #15417306 -

Me too, dude.  Me too.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15417316 -

yea it really is sad


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15417319 -

:tard: ma sisters ma muma

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Patlal]
    #15417323 -

ya i know sort of wat ya mean, havin a kid and explaining it is a very difficult conversation especially spurred on by another kids sheer nasty insensitive comments.my wifes sister works with the mentally challenged and i just cant see it i would be so depressed good there are special people in the world that can deal with those problems on a day to day basis.


--------------------


    CrAnKy PiLlOwS YeAh PiLlOwS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: smily]
    #15417329 -

smily said:
ya i know sort of wat ya mean, havin a kid and explaining it is a very difficult conversation especially spurred on by another kids sheer nasty insensitive comments.my wifes sister works with the mentally challenged and i just cant see it i would be so depressed good there are special people in the world that can deal with those problems on a day to day basis.



I don't know how people can work with them without cracking.

I would feel so fucking bad, I'd probably break down and cry...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: shroomhead101]
    #15417337 -

Seriously even have to ask??


--------------------
I can beat you to the punch line..or i could punch you to the beat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Patlal]
    #15417367 -

Patlal said:
smily said:
ya i know sort of wat ya mean, havin a kid and explaining it is a very difficult conversation especially spurred on by another kids sheer nasty insensitive comments.my wifes sister works with the mentally challenged and i just cant see it i would be so depressed good there are special people in the world that can deal with those problems on a day to day basis.



I don't know how people can work with them without cracking.

I would feel so fucking bad, I'd probably break down and cry...



yyyeahp, it takes a special kind of person. I know one. Great lady. . Thank god SOMEONE is doing it, because, yeah, theres just no way...

But yeah Solo, I think a funner question would have been,

"Do you feel afraid of people with serious mental handicaps?"

Well....do you?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Solo_Dolo]
    #15417371 -

I tutor a special needs man who's 26.  I'm teaching him basic math skills, and trying to teach him some reading comprehension, but it's failing pretty badly.  I think I'm going to have to stop soon - it's extremely trying on my patience.  He's a great guy, always smiling, and he tries hard, but he just can't understand things very well.  I have a deep respect for people whose jobs are to teach and take care of people with special needs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15417378 -

Down syndrome isn't bad at all. They are always happy and very social. Try to get one to stop smiling. THe bad cases are the vegetables because you know that there is a person possibly trapped inside.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15417393 -

RenzoSupreme said:
 

But yeah Solo, I think a funner question would have been,

"Do you feel afraid of people with serious mental handicaps?"

Well....do you?



only big mofo violent ones, for short periods of time i enjoy the interaction its fun to bring em a smile.


--------------------


    CrAnKy PiLlOwS YeAh PiLlOwS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: smily]
    #15417416 -

pwnasaurus said:
I tutor a special needs man who's 26.  I'm teaching him basic math skills, and trying to teach him some reading comprehension, but it's failing pretty badly.  I think I'm going to have to stop soon - it's extremely trying on my patience.  He's a great guy, always smiling, and he tries hard, but he just can't understand things very well.  I have a deep respect for people whose jobs are to teach and take care of people with special needs.



smily said:
RenzoSupreme said:
 

But yeah Solo, I think a funner question would have been,

"Do you feel afraid of people with serious mental handicaps?"

Well....do you?



only big mofo violent ones, for short periods of time i enjoy the interaction its fun to bring em a smile.



Yeah, I feel the same.  I can't help it, I know they are probably harmless, but some of them terrify me. I always get hit on by the other harmless ones..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Patlal] * 4
    #15417427 -

Yes I often feel bad for people in the Pub


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15417430 -

One of my mom's friends teaches special needs kids. She really hates them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: fuel on the fire] * 1
    #15417450 -

Quote:
One of my mom's friends teaches special needs kids. She really hates them.




Why teach them? Wouldn't it be better to just give them a ball to play with and then feed them every once in a while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: Shroomism]
    #15417463 -

I spent a couple days working in a home for people with downs syndrome and those guys were some of the happiest people I've met.
So don't go thinking all of them live terrible lives
However I do feel sad when I see people with other types of problems.


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: spoonbomb]
    #15417474 -

for me the sad part is i feel they got rooked and the olde not fair thing............ahhhh i miss prozac


--------------------


    CrAnKy PiLlOwS YeAh PiLlOwS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: lazyfingers]
    #15417918 -

lazyfingers said:
Quote:
One of my mom's friends teaches special needs kids. She really hates them.




Why teach them? Wouldn't it be better to just give them a ball to play with and then feed them every once in a while.



:huxleyfacepalm:

Seriously?  You disgust me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15417952 -

Depends on the person in question.

A lot of these handicapped folks are happy as fuck. Happier than the "sane" people I know.


--------------------


۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you feel bad for people with serious mental handicaps? [Re: propensity]
    #15418001 -

Quote:
lazyfingers said:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my mom's friends teaches special needs kids. She really hates them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Why teach them? Wouldn't it be better to just give them a ball to play with and then feed them every once in a while.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Seriously?  You disgust me.







Well, I guess it depends on how smart they are, but I don't see any point in working with someone who can't learn. I don't know why it would disgust you. I've seen many people who just can't do school. They would be better doing something else.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mental Pain Addiction BleedingSickness 1,354 2 10/16/02 09:58 PM
by dee_N_ae
* Who has a mental illness? *group share time* ;-)
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
MOTH 10,693 83 05/13/20 09:38 PM
by deadwk
* good days and bad days ... HB 2,044 18 11/20/03 05:23 PM
by Prodijal_Son
* Feeling like the oppression is really getting to you? MOTH 2,208 15 11/20/03 05:51 AM
by Lightningfractal
* I feel so silly... CeeEssGee 1,153 11 11/20/03 12:25 AM
by Osker246
* Bad Mom! Morphrying 2,693 9 10/14/02 07:18 PM
by Morphrying
* Bad dreams and nightmare
( 1 2 all )
Macey Howard 6,327 32 04/14/03 09:05 PM
by OutkastSlug
* Pot and mental health
( 1 2 all )
Discordja 4,822 21 11/27/02 05:24 AM
by mr_kite

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,377 topic views. 4 members, 23 guests and 173 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.