Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

Re: I'm going to shoot Skrillex in the face with an RC helicopter [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs]
    #15389306 - 11/18/11 02:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Please explain who did then other than the three I posted.

--------------------

"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlmostAsCoolAs
 User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: I'm going to shoot Skrillex in the face with an RC helicopter [Re: All We Perceive]
    #15389324 - 11/18/11 03:06 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just to name a few. Benny Benassi, Tiƫsto, Armin Van Buuren, Crookers, Steve Aoki, The Bloody Beetroots.

I don't hate Skrillex but he's only been around a few years.

--------------------

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

Re: I'm going to shoot Skrillex in the face with an RC helicopter [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs]
    #15389347 - 11/18/11 03:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmmm.  Disagree.  Electronic has blown the fuck up in the past few years and I hear people talk about PL, Bassnectar, and Skrillex WAY more than any other electronic artist.  Let me qualify my statement by limiting it to the States.  Of course electronic blew up well before that in other parts of the world.

--------------------

"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

InvisibleAlmostAsCoolAs
 User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: I'm going to shoot Skrillex in the face with an RC helicopter [Re: All We Perceive]
    #15389378 - 11/18/11 03:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Everyone I mentioned has played in the states years before Skrillex even came to be.

--------------------

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

#15389415 - 11/18/11 03:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

How does that substantiate your point in any way?  Following that logic the first time one of those guys played in the states, the scene had blown up.  That is factually incorrect.

--------------------

Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: I'm going to shoot Skrillex in the face with an RC helicopter [Re: Shroomism]
    #15389445 - 11/18/11 03:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

AnonO said:
Quote:

nopalero said:
i recently stumbled onto his soundcloud and was surprised to see he has nearly 100,000 followers..

http://soundcloud.com/skrillex

i don't know anyone else with as many followers..

:shrug:

they're all kids that didnt like electronic music last year but now LOVE IT BECAUSE OF SKRILLEX!!!!

This.

*kids that didn't even know what electronic music was last year
But zomg SKRILLEX is the best!!11111!!!111

It's trash for the mainstream.

Not true at all. I think the stuff that Skrillex dropped which made him huge is amazing work. It was a completely original style that tons of people obviously enjoy. I was listening to techno, house, and hardstyle years before I even heard of Skrillex.

I then started listening to dubstep and a few months later I discovered Skrillex. When I first heard of him no one really knew about him, but I loved his shit instantly. I remember a few months after I started listening to him he played a small show at some shitty local club that didn't even sell out. Now he sells out every show he plays and he plays at the best venues.

I don't understand why some people feel the need to pretend like the music they enjoy is objectively better than what other people enjoy. Get off your high horse and stop being an arrogant prick.

--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Invisiblecreationdivine
Seeker Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: blest coast
Re: I'm going to shoot Skrillex in the face with an RC helicopter [Re: 4896744]
    #15389585 - 11/18/11 04:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yup. taste is subjective. Skillex isn't my favorite electronic artist, but he does know how to break it down pretty fat while keeping an intriguing melody IMO.  Deadmau5 seems to get a similar reception, people either love or despise him.  Fuck it, I just like the way it makes me feel.  For all the haters, I'm open to better current artist recommendations! :grin:

--------------------

Kickin' it with some Cinctulus!

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

Re: I'm going to shoot Skrillex in the face with an RC helicopter [Re: creationdivine]
    #15389808 - 11/18/11 04:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:awehigh:

Bird of Prey - Xenomorphic

Nit Grit - the Awakening

And some Psy b/c I feel like it.
PsySex - Puzzle (Bliss rmx).

--------------------

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
    #15389903 - 11/18/11 04:59 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Coool.

Attach a camera to shoot live footage back to the shroomery.

--------------------

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: I'm going to shoot Skrillex in the face with an RC helicopter [Re: Locky]
    #15390783 - 11/18/11 07:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

mumble mumble.  I don't understand why music is such a geographic phenomenon. 

When it comes to dubstep or electronic music in general, if the artist is american, there is like a 90% chance i'm not gonna dig it.

if i really like an artist, like 80% chance they're from england. I don't get it, considering we're in the internet age.

But yeah, i do my best to stay away from music threads on the shroomery despite how much music saturates me.  American taste is shit IMO.

Bunch of people in this thread i can tell they're americans by the the artists they mention.

edit: its really clear the english understand bass and americans don't.  at some shows this year i heard people talking about bass and wearing bass tshirts and blah blah blah.  Bassnectar is an excelent example.  His music has almost nothing going on with the bass aside from a couple songs. 

i dunno. Must be some weird cultural thing.  england has created jungle, drum and bass, dubstep.  They clearly get it.  even english bro's like flux and doctor P, their songs have bass on top of the squelch.  AMerican music just doesn't have it going on.  Eskmo and a half a handful other's being the shining exceptions.

--------------------

Edited by teamkiller (11/18/11 08:14 PM)

OfflineAnonO
Cultivator

Re: I'm going to shoot Skrillex in the face with an RC helicopter [Re: 4896744]
    #15394636 - 11/19/11 06:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

iThink said:
Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

AnonO said:
Quote:

nopalero said:
i recently stumbled onto his soundcloud and was surprised to see he has nearly 100,000 followers..

http://soundcloud.com/skrillex

i don't know anyone else with as many followers..

:shrug:

they're all kids that didnt like electronic music last year but now LOVE IT BECAUSE OF SKRILLEX!!!!

This.

*kids that didn't even know what electronic music was last year
But zomg SKRILLEX is the best!!11111!!!111

It's trash for the mainstream.

Not true at all. I think the stuff that Skrillex dropped which made him huge is amazing work. It was a completely original style that tons of people obviously enjoy. I was listening to techno, house, and hardstyle years before I even heard of Skrillex.

I then started listening to dubstep and a few months later I discovered Skrillex. When I first heard of him no one really knew about him, but I loved his shit instantly. I remember a few months after I started listening to him he played a small show at some shitty local club that didn't even sell out. Now he sells out every show he plays and he plays at the best venues.

I don't understand why some people feel the need to pretend like the music they enjoy is objectively better than what other people enjoy. Get off your high horse and stop being an arrogant prick.

ok, so it's not 100% true that all the kids that listen to skrillex didnt like electronic music last year. its 99% true.

none of the people you quoted said the music they listen to is better. the pretty much just stated their dislike for him and his music.

and don't act like you don't talk shit about music you dont like. everybody does it.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate