Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Weekly trip too much?
    #1535654 - 05/09/03 09:16 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I grow shrooms at home, at manage to grow so that my friend and I can trip every two weeks. I didnt think this was too much, but I read the Thread about the guy, who "constantly" took shrooms every weekend. He, however only takes 0.5 - 2 Gramms. Wenn we trip its usually a dosage of roughly 4 grams. Do you reckon this would be too much in a too short time, to be "healthy".

thx,
Jazz

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Weekly trip too much? [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1535711 - 05/09/03 09:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I think you will find they will moderate their own useage.

For about a two month period I was eating shrooms once a week. I was learning and exploring my own mind. There came a time when I didn't feel like eating them anymore.

I think whether or not it is healthy/good for you can only be decided by you. Just be sure to keep your eyes open for feedback that the shrooms will provide...then you will know.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Weekly trip too much? [Re: Joshua]
    #1535981 - 05/10/03 12:39 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

For about a two month period I was eating shrooms once a week. I was learning and exploring my own mind. There came a time when I didn't feel like eating them anymore.

I am the same way. It seems that when they are fruiting I am ready to eat them every week. I would eat them every day if they had any effect on me eating them that soon. One week is about the minimum I can go without having to do mega doses to get the same effects. Usually by the third flush I am 'shroomed out' and giving the rest of the harvest and any leftovers away. I sometimes go a year or more before the urge to grow again starts up. Thanks be for spores and their shelf life.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1536312 - 05/10/03 03:48 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hell, trip as much as you want when ever you want. It's not going to harm you but it'll run you down. You'll find that you'll have a breaking point when it comes to tripping too much. Back in the day I was tripping 2 times a week... That quickly became old and I had to pace myself. Now I find that a trip one a month, perhaps every two months is good for me.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Weekly trip too much? [Re: Seuss]
    #1536314 - 05/10/03 03:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Shrooms dont come around my area too often, so when they do, i buy an Oz. and trip weekly (u may have read some of my trips on this message board) but now im giving my last 1/8th to a friend ; I get comedowns from them now where i used to get a good afterglow feeling. Basically im layin off the shrooms for awhile.
i dont feel negative and still say only positive things about them to ppl that ask, but i feel like ive just dont too much and i need a break from them.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1536330 - 05/10/03 04:01 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

In my personal opinion, tripping weekly is not a good idea....... If I were to do that (again :wink:) I'd probably be even weirder :laugh:

Moderation is K3Y

edit(addition): Now I trip once every couple/few months, and I seem to find much more "magic" in them mushrooms by spacing trips out like this.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (05/10/03 04:03 AM)

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: Weekly trip too much? [Re: Seuss]
    #1536502 - 05/10/03 07:30 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It seems that when they are fruiting I am ready to eat them every week. I would eat them every day if they had any effect on me eating them that soon.

That?s the problem I see in myself too. Im always scared to seeing shrooms to unharmful. Another friend of mine got blown into several months of wierdness off shrooms (a general wierdness is part of him anyway, so it got reinforced badly), but I just seem to take it very well, and dont ahve any aftereffects or so. The only thing is, that If ive taken shrooms recently, then if I get really high of bud, I tend to feel shroomy again: Decisions start getting really complicated, colour-perception enhances, People are more "outlined" in comparison to there Background. I start getting a kind of claustrophobia, which I only get on shrooms too. - Its not very significant, but I just always notice "oh, there is a ceiling over me" or "oh, this room is so small".
Cause of this I notice, that the shroom is still inside me, and wonder howmuch I can take.
Joshua said I should see myself if I was changing, but this is mostly hard, as self-diagnosis is always...

Thanks for your answers,
Jazz

--------------------

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: Weekly trip too much? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1541714 - 05/12/03 02:39 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I tripped 17 wet grams of equador on the weekend, but somehow the trip was different to my last one and a half weeks ago. I know every trip is a whole new experience, and that the setting is always a major part of the trip, but somehow I was awkwardly clear in the head. I didnt have randomly racing thoughts as usual, and my perception of the enviroment wasn?t to freaked either. (At this point I do want to mention , that I nevere have great optics anyhow) I did feel in another world, and yes, talking to non-shroomed people (we were a group of three) was difficult. So was walking and handeling tasks, like going from a to b, always connected with the impression of being on an adventure. On the other hand , I was just all to clear on the peak , and even managed to talk on the telephone, a thing I never manage , when tripping , as I feel uncomfortable and have problems expressing my thoughts.
All in all I dont know if this was due to the setting (grey day, problems with non-tripping people, who mistreated me on the trip, problems within the tripping group), or cause this was the second trip in two weeks. I must say, that my last was a hell lot better, as I got the "all content, anly my friends count"-feeling, paired with everything being in a golden glimmer, and leaves having the colors of rainbows.
Ive also noticed, that I need more shrooms , than my friends to obtain the same trip level. Maybe next time Ill go for 25 grams wet. (Oh and not to forget , that I still want to to 6 dry grams in total darkness)
So, do you think it was cause o the setting , or the too short time span between shrooming?
Anyhow the next trip is gonna be in more than a month , as I haven?t got any new jars colonizing , and my old casing has already had 2 flushs.

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1542001 - 05/12/03 04:29 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I get that clear headed feeling from time to time. It's like I have an intense body from the shrooms but can think totally clear. I narrrowed down the reason that I get a trip that way. I used to take ephedra all the time and the times I took ephedra I would have that clear headed feeling.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: Weekly trip too much? [Re: djd586]
    #1542115 - 05/12/03 05:19 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I only smoke weed and shroom. But I smoke so much weed, that a.) it doesn?t wack my mind into space anymore b.)I always smoke , when Im on shrooms, and therefore would have this feeling everytime.
Its actually not only clear-headed, but somehow also a bit "unemotional" in some ways. Kind of, like when you are really tired cause you havn?t slept for 24 hours or so. You just do things , cause someone tells you to, but you dont really care why.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience