Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: owls]
    #15197322 -

pretty much any huge city is like that. i live in dallas. hell i can drive 5 minutes and have morrocan if i want.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: millzy]
    #15197329 -

bleh, i really need to get out of the midwest


--------------------
i love you ♥

you are beautiful! :rockon:



COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: owls]
    #15197377 -

there's a lot of good asian food in the midwest due to the large amount of distributors there. my life long friend in st louis has taken me to some bomb indian/paki places when i've gone up there to visit.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: Asante]
    #15197993 -

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Anyone of you, not from Canada or Mexico, speaking Spanish or French? These are your neighboring countries. I'm fluid in English and German and know a little French, aside from my mother tongue Dutch.  This multilingualism is THE NORM in much of Europe. Not saying you're dumbasses, but your education system is focussed on keeping you inside the box.



I'm in Tennessee. If Alabama, Georgia, and Kentucky all spoke different languages, I'm sure I'd be multilingual too.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: KremrBigSikter]
    #15198042 -

KremrBigSikter said:
Also, I imagine all men above 30 to be "chummy" and slap each other on the back even if they're only distant acquaintances, and call each other by the standard nicknames.



this is true :thumbup: especially in the south

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: thissongis]
    #15198223 -

I want out, I WANT OUT

escape before its too late, they arent who they say they are

ahhhhhh:willynilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: Wise Toad]
    #15198357 -

i don't regret leaving the country at all, but you guys are making more of it than what it really is. there is an entire world of bullshit you have to put up with that's different than where you live. you also haven't a clue as to how jarring and overwhelming an international move is. i am in no way discouraging anyone to get out of the country, but rather claiming that the grass is the same motherfuckin color on the other side. seriously.

a lot of you bitch about wal mart. try moving to a place without anything close to that, and you need simple, simple stuff because you've relocated and don't know where anything is and nobody speaks your language. all you want to do is get "x" done and you can't seem to find any way to make it happen. i'm not even talking days, i'm talking months of days of this occurring. it's a different level and type of stress that i would reckon most of you aren't acquainted with. and no, it isn't about not having a wal mart - it's about losing any and all familiarity of your environment to the point to where you have to re learn how to live. after my time overseas i've grown to have even more compassion for immigrants who come here to the states.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: 4runner]
    #15199265 -

anunnakian said:
I love stereotypes, this is a great thread.
My aunt who moved to England from California did say a lot of old timers in the pubs loved Americans for our part in WW2. I guess they where the patriotic ones :shrug:

stereotypes are great, my old boss used to have a problem with naggers, of course at times he would have to do business in
Stockton(a real crappy ghetto town) and since he grew up in Oregon he thought all blacks where the same(this was at least a decade ago, probably a lot longer). About 5 years ago he started checking out the south east(U.S.) for a place to live and he came back and all he could talk about are how nice every one was especially the blacks. He was dumbfounded. I really got a chuckle out of that. Seeing some old fart come to realize there is more than meets the eyes and not every region has the same problem, ghetto cities versus more rural areas or what ever.

Two miles from my house

Back yard

Not all city, but every one already knows that, just figured I would share some recent pics from today and yesterday.
I love having new tires on my truck... gotta find them shrooms, oh where oh where are you chanterelles, and maybe a bit of... some other things, new roads to travel and places to explore.

But yeah, keep em coming, I love it, great thread :thumbup:



The trees in that first pic look dank. :awehigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #15199410 -

Insert amusing reply here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: nice1]
    #15199420 -

Insert wry remark here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #15199444 -

When I visited America, it had this strange nostalgic feel. Most likely due to the dominance of American television as Ive grown up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for anybody who doesn't live in America [Re: Earth Child]
    #15199533 -

I like most American that I meet.  They have a refreshing opennness about them, more so than the typically reserved British.  Also, the US has given us a bunch of great films, such as Pulp fiction and The Big Lebowski.  Let's not forget.

Plus I like the way you guys do breakfast.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: Asante]
    #15199592 -

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Cj-B said:
Wiccan_Seeker said:
Herbologist said:
so.. are you saying, as an american, I have an accent? :awesome:




Thats another thing we associate the USA with.



Questioning the obvious in a (hopefully) sarcastic manner?





Actually, something typical for many Americans is considering America to be the center of the world, and not really thinking across the border; superimposing your reality on the rest of the world.

On the shroomery among things this takes form of Ametican members making threads that solely address Americans, not thinking of the many other nations who participate in our community.

We're not all living in America



Quote:
lyrics translation:

RAMMSTEIN - Amerika

    Refrain:
    We're all living in America,
    America is wunderbar.
    We're all living in America,
    Amerika, Amerika.

    When people dance, I want to lead,
    even if you all are dancing alone,
    let me control you a bit.
    I'll show you how it's done right.
    We form a nice round (circle),
    freedom is playing on all the fiddles,
    music is coming out of the White House,
    and near Paris stands Mickey Mouse. [Eurodisney]

    We're all living in America...

    I know steps that are very useful,
    and I'll protect you from missteps,
    and anyone who doesn't want to dance in the end,
    just doesn't know that he has to dance!
    We form a nice round (circle),
    I'll show you the right direction,
    to Africa goes Santa Claus,
    and near Paris stands Mickey Mouse.

    We're all living in America,
    America is wunderbar.
    We're all living in America,
    Amerika, Amerika.
    We're all living in America,
    Coca-Cola, Wonderbra,
    We're all living in America,
    Amerika, Amerika.

    This is not a love song,
    this is not a love song.
    I don't sing my mother tongue,
    No, this is not a love song.

    We're all living in America,
    Amerika is wunderbar.
    We're all living in America,
    Amerika, Amerika.
    We're all living in America,
    Coca-Cola, sometimes WAR,
    We're all living in America,
    Amerika, Amerika.





Note we have many Canadians, Australians and Europeans and they don't automatically assume we're all in their reality.

I blame the size of your country, the national-focussed education you get and the mainstream media aiming to breeding patriots that think no further than your borders, or your interests abroad.

Anyone of you, not from Canada or Mexico, speaking Spanish or French? These are your neighboring countries. I'm fluid in English and German and know a little French, aside from my mother tongue Dutch.  This multilingualism is THE NORM in much of Europe. Not saying you're dumbasses, but your education system is focussed on keeping you inside the box.



I'm not sure if I completely agree with this. I think America is so self-absorbed because our geographical location and size doesn't require us to be otherwise. Multiple countries aren't an easy train ride away as they are in much of Europe, though I personally find the proximity of everything in Europe more interesting.


--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A question for people in Europe [Re: 4896744]
    #15199723 -

lol is that sig from someone on bluelight?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* America is kinda freaking me out.. anyone else?
( 1 2 all )
Chills420 version2 7,116 37 02/27/03 05:21 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Accents
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Bi0TeK 7,797 64 01/14/05 11:30 AM
by Bi0TeK
* Protecting America?s Children DragonEyes 2,488 16 10/20/02 05:35 PM
by pezbomb
* American vs Canadian cigarettes
( 1 2 all )
Meph 7,363 27 07/11/20 02:25 PM
by Asante
* Question about the new Snoop Dogg show...... LearyfanS 1,852 14 06/17/03 01:46 PM
by Learyfan
* Questions about COD's phishytrip 825 3 04/08/03 03:22 PM
by Karen
* Overgrow question superpimp 1,527 8 06/18/07 07:14 PM
by Banez
* hey guys some questions about the ring movies -us & japanese minusrestraint 942 3 02/25/03 10:33 PM
by cybrbeast

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,136 topic views. 5 members, 5 guests and 92 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.