Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Two questionsMSNBC, and Fascism question
    #1518020 - 05/03/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

FIrst off these are two totally separate subjects I want to addess:
First off: Can anybody give me a clear cut definition of Fascism?
Secondly: I have watched MSNBC along with other news channels (including Fox news for fun) for quite a while now, and I have really noticed a shift to the right on that channel over the past six months. Any body else noticed this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephreakyzen
My God is anAwesome God

Loc: Under the sea
Re: Two questionsMSNBC, and Fascism question [Re: Buddha5254]
    #1518311 - 05/03/03 08:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Fascism

1. a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.

2. Oppressive, dictatorial control

I read recently that MSNBC has been trying to raise popularity by copying Fox News but there is nothing like the original most biased name in news though.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Two questionsMSNBC, and Fascism question [Re: Buddha5254]
    #1518352 - 05/03/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"Fascism should more appropriately be called corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."

[Benito Mussolini]

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Two questionsMSNBC, and Fascism question [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1518426 - 05/03/03 10:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

One obvious drastic change which supports with your suspicion Buddha is the firing of Phil Donahue (One of the only true liberals who had a solo host job) and the hiring of righty fanatic Michael Savage. Besides that, I've always thought of MSNBC as slightly right-leaning. This probably has a lot to do with them being kiss-asses to a popular conservative President, however.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Two questionsMSNBC, and Fascism question [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1518461 - 05/03/03 10:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I really dont watch much MSNBC, but I wouldnt be surprised if they're tring to be like Ultra-Conservative Fox. Fox has the best ratings around.

And are you serious? They hired that Savage guy? From...WTF is that...The Savage Nation? On Radio? Christ. I can at least watch Bill O'Reilly. But that Savage fuck makes my blood boil.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Two questionsMSNBC, and Fascism question [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1518520 - 05/03/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yep... his show is even called "The Savage Nation." The only reasons I'll ever watch MSNBC anymore is for Buchanan and Press or Hardball.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Two questionsMSNBC, and Fascism question [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1518797 - 05/04/03 01:34 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah. Definately terrible stuff. I like Tim Russert too, hes on MSNBC, no?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Re: Two questionsMSNBC, and Fascism question [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1519274 - 05/04/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

So the question is:
Is this about ratings?
Or are they catering to the gov't, so they look patriotic?
I think its a little bit of both

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order