Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMadcaps
mushroom stalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: north-south-east coast fl... Flag
help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms
    #15165790 - 10/02/11 08:26 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

help chiggers, prob about 2 hundred bites Waaaaaaa

and some blueing gymnopolis palmicola

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Loc: NY
Trusted Identifier
Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: Madcaps]
    #15165823 - 10/02/11 08:35 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Take a hot shower, scrub good and rub mouthwash on the bites.

Nice Gyms.:smile:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

InvisibleMadcaps
mushroom stalker
Male User Gallery

Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #15165867 - 10/02/11 08:48 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

lol bob, i tried that. i tried listerene, scope, tooth paste, bleach, ammonia, callamine, boil ease, camperfeneque, hydrocortizone, gold bond,  fuck never had these before, wow this is way worse than poison plants!!! thanks bob, i know this thread is prob not allowed but with all the hunters, somebody has to have the cure!!!!! dude im so loaded with gyms, there on every palm log. and bob how did u not win pic of the month my fav photo was Tricholomopsis decora, mushes, cube was cool and all, but cubes to me, just make good tea,lol it was a cool photo though..

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: Madcaps]
    #15165886 - 10/02/11 08:54 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:eek:Wow. That sounds itchy...really itchy.

Active mushrooms always seem to be popular in the POTM threads. I wonder why...:smirk:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Invisibleinnerview
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA/Sweden Flag
    #15165892 - 10/02/11 08:56 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

chiggers, right?  on the balls, right?

finger nail polish!

I remember it worked for me when I was a much younger guy.

:super:

:murray:  good luck

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: innerview]
    #15165906 - 10/02/11 08:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hot pink? That's my favorite. Or you could go with black for the "goth" look.

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:

Invisibleinfected_2

Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms *DELETED* [Re: innerview]
    #15165908 - 10/02/11 08:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by infected_2

Reason for deletion: .

Invisibleinnerview
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: infected_2]
    #15165928 - 10/02/11 09:06 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Bobzimmer said:
Hot pink? That's my favorite. Or you could go with black for the "goth" look.

200 bites!!!  may need both bottles!

Just dab it on each bite. Cuts the oxygen supply. Kills the eggs.

Great song!!!  :laugh2:

InvisibleMadcaps
mushroom stalker
Male User Gallery

Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: innerview]
    #15165930 - 10/02/11 09:06 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

innerview said:
chiggers, right?  on the balls, right?

finger nail polish!

I remember it worked for me when I was a much younger guy.

:super:

:murray:  good luck

from behind the knees to the waist and everywhere inbetween, ill give it a try.. thanks innerview i hope the old lady has some clear if not red will do!!!!

holyshit i can totally itch myself to the end of that song when he is just going craaaazy on that guiter!!!! 

from now on ill wear my socks up to my knee's..... lol...

Invisibleinnerview
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

#15165940 - 10/02/11 09:08 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yep, you were sitting on an old log or a stump, weren't you???!!!

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Trusted Identifier
    #15166005 - 10/02/11 09:26 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I invested in some of these Bug Guard Pants. Haven't got to put them to the test yet but from the reviews online I think they will do fine.

Also, they sell clear finger nail polish. It works as good as the hot pink, at least that's what I've been told.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #15166017 - 10/02/11 09:29 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Oooo, snazzy! They don't come in my size though.:sad:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:

InvisibleMadcaps
mushroom stalker
Male User Gallery

Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #15166035 - 10/02/11 09:33 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

innerview said:
yep, you were sitting on an old log or a stump, weren't you???!!!

for a second, or when i was trucking throgh weeds or kneeling getting mush pics, this shit sucks.
Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
I invested in some of these Bug Guard Pants. Haven't got to put them to the test yet but from the reviews online I think they will do fine.

Also, they sell clear finger nail polish. It works as good as the hot pink, at least that's what I've been told.

got clear and im buying the pants
Quote:

Bobzimmer said:
Oooo, snazzy! They don't come in my size though.:sad:

holy shit how did that pic of me get on the internet so fast..lol..

Invisibledomesticgnome

Loc: For me to know and you to find...
    #15166229 - 10/02/11 10:27 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question488.htm

My neck of the woods are horrible with chiggers, so I know exactly how you feel. My legs and unmentionables stayed eaten up all summer. Given the info in that link the best remedy I could come up with was crushing up some aspirin and mixing it with hydrocortisone into a paste. The hydrocortisone helps with the itching,the aspirin does work on the redness and inflamation.
I hate to say it, but there's no quick cure for chigger bites. Those suckers are nasty, but this seemed to reduce the time I had the bites by a couple of weeks. Good luck, I hope they don't drive you crazy.

--------------------

Offlinemylfgur
Untitled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
    #15166243 - 10/02/11 10:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

take an antihistamine--benadryl, nyquil etc. that should help with the inflammation and itching

--------------------

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: domesticgnome]
    #15166250 - 10/02/11 10:33 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, chiggers don't lay eggs on ya so I don't see the point in the nail polish. Gnome's cure sounds promising.

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:

Invisibleinnerview
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: domesticgnome]
    #15166258 - 10/02/11 10:34 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

How's it going?  Did you get any relief with the polish?  The polish, a glass of wine, and an attentive girlfriend can work wonders.

:imslow:

They don't lay eggs on you...  they lay them in you!  (from what I remember... but i'm old and often confused... )

Edited by innerview (10/02/11 10:36 AM)

Offlinemylfgur
Untitled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
    #15166270 - 10/02/11 10:38 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

innerview said:
How's it going?  Did you get any relief with the polish?  The polish, a glass of wine, and an attentive girlfriend can work wonders.

They don't lay eggs on you...  they lay them in you!  (from what I remember... but i'm old and often confused... )

I just read the article someone linked--apparently that's a big misconception. They just drink fluid from your skin cells and cause irritation.

--------------------

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #15166289 - 10/02/11 10:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

No, they lay eggs on plant material. The main concern after the scrubbing and hot shower is secondary infection from the slow healing bites. Nail polish may work, but it's not because of any eggs.

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:

Invisibledomesticgnome

Loc: For me to know and you to find...
    #15166312 - 10/02/11 10:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I did a good bit of reasearch this summer. Like I said, they were a huge problem for me. What they actually do is inject digestive enzymes that break down the skin cells. They can then enjoy a little bit of a human slushie.
Quote:

Bobzimmer said:
No, they lay eggs on plant material. The main concern after the scrubbing and hot shower is secondary infection from the slow healing bites. Nail polish may work, but it's not because of any eggs.

Secondary infection is also a concern. Good call, I forgot to mention that. It wouldn't be a bad idea to put some triple antibiotic ointment on there every once in while.
I almost made a thread just like this over the summer. I'm glad we're getting it worked out. Don't worry we'll get ya healed up.

--------------------

Invisibleinnerview
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

#15166330 - 10/02/11 10:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ahhhh....  Ok.  But the wine and attentive girlfriend...  that works, right???!!!!  :smile:

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #15166342 - 10/02/11 10:53 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Never hurts. Unless you want it to...:evil:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:

Edited by Bobzimmer (10/02/11 11:10 AM)

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #15166375 - 10/02/11 11:05 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Bobzimmer said:
Never hunts. Unless you want it to...:evil:

Yeah, getting a woman to hunt is like trying to get a brick wall to dance.

:whatwhat:

Or maybe "hunts" was supposed to be "hurts"? Either way, I feel sexist today...or is that sexy...meh.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #15166395 - 10/02/11 11:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I meant hurts...:shrug::bongload:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:

Offlinemiscro922
blgdependent
Male User Gallery

Loc: gloucester,ma Flag
    #15166434 - 10/02/11 11:22 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Madcap Madbites Madscratch.that could be your harry potter name :p...sorry man that sucks

Offlineloco801
The lone ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: NW Washington
    #15166498 - 10/02/11 11:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
Quote:

Bobzimmer said:

A girl went hunting with me before, and she still wants to in the future.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Species found::mushroom2:
P. azurescens
P. cyanescens
P. semilanceata
P. pelliculosa
P. stuntzii
G. luteofolius
Pan. cinctulus

InvisibleMadcaps
mushroom stalker
Male User Gallery

Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: miscro922]
    #15166536 - 10/02/11 11:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

domesticgnome said:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/question488.htm

My neck of the woods are horrible with chiggers, so I know exactly how you feel. My legs and unmentionables stayed eaten up all summer. Given the info in that link the best remedy I could come up with was crushing up some aspirin and mixing it with hydrocortisone into a paste. The hydrocortisone helps with the itching,the aspirin does work on the redness and inflamation.
I hate to say it, but there's no quick cure for chigger bites. Those suckers are nasty, but this seemed to reduce the time I had the bites by a couple of weeks. Good luck, I hope they don't drive you crazy.

a couple of weeks!!! r u serious... fuuuuck!!!!
Quote:

innerview said:

believe it or not nail polish is working, the itching hs went down by about 75%
Quote:

innerview said:
Ahhhh....  Ok.  But the wine and attentive girlfriend...  that works, right???!!!!  :smile:

i dont think theres nothing my girl cant cure or almost anyway, i was the only one out of three that got the chiggers and we all sat on the log, we were all in shorts.
Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
Quote:

Bobzimmer said:

:whatwhat:

Or maybe "hunts" was supposed to be "hurts"? Either way, I feel sexist today...or is that sexy...meh.

my girl hunt with me all the time, my 15 yr old son and 14 yr old nephew, not for actives like cube and cyans though... she is a awesome hunter and we love the hunt!!! every chance we get, which is like every day walking the dogs, or just walking in the park, which theres tons of hammocks and woods and swamps around, and i live in the city.., oh and blimey do u see that black guys face u posted, have u seen the u tube video of him, tooo funny?
Quote:

miscro922 said:
Madcap Madbites Madscratch.that could be your harry potter name :p...sorry man that sucks

no shiiiit....

Invisibleinnerview
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

#15166579 - 10/02/11 11:47 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

innerview said:
Ahhhh....  Ok.  But the wine and attentive girlfriend...  that works, right???!!!! 

i dont think theres nothing my girl cant cure or almost anyway, i was the only one out of three that got the chiggers and we all sat on the log, we were all in shorts.

75%  not  bad!  glad that worked for you.

believe it or not, blood type and your personal scent can play a role in that.  (referring to you getting the bites and no one else)

InvisibleMadcaps
mushroom stalker
Male User Gallery

#15166618 - 10/02/11 11:55 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

innerview said:
Quote:

Quote:

innerview said:
Ahhhh....  Ok.  But the wine and attentive girlfriend...  that works, right???!!!! 

75%  not  bad!  glad that worked for you.

believe it or not, blood type and your personal scent can play a role in that.  (referring to you getting the bites and no one else)

thanks man... life saver, benydrl should clear up the rest... i cant believe the nail polish is working!! not complainig or nothing, i painted myself with a half a bottle..lol.. and now when i move, it pulls hairs out,,, ill take that over the itch that feels like i went swimming in attic insulation, slept in a poison ivy, sumac bed in a middle of a swamp with 1 billion skeeters in my bug tent...lol.....

thanks everyone for ur input!!!!!

InvisibleMadcaps
mushroom stalker
Male User Gallery

#15166621 - 10/02/11 11:56 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

well i guess ill go on a shroom hunt!!! here shortly :leaving:

Offlinejet li
The One
Male User Gallery

Loc: penis double yew
    #15166639 - 10/02/11 12:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

God I fucking hate chiggers.  That's why I live in the PNW.  Used to live in Missouri, chiggers and seed ticks are THE WORST!  I'd rather be bitten by a cottonmouth seriously.

--------------------

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #15166694 - 10/02/11 12:10 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Madcaps said:
well i guess ill go on a shroom hunt!!! here shortly :leaving:

Damn straight! Fuck it...I'm outa here... :redneck:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
    #15166765 - 10/02/11 12:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Benadryl for the chiggers- tablets or liquid.I find that works better than the cream/lotion benadryl.

Next time you go out hunting,get some deep woods OFF and spray your shoes,wear long pants,and spray the bottom of the leggings and spray around you wasit area(not on the skin,just on your pants).Get a hat and spray it too.Let the OFF dry for a bit and then head on out.Works for me anyway.

Cool gyms ya got there.

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

Offlinebollocks
++Universe Beholder++
Male User Gallery

Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: doo]
    #15166781 - 10/02/11 12:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, fuck the nail polish.. the idea was "clear nail polish will suffocate them to death" but as a former floridia fisherman.. just time and like someone else mentioned some benadryl.. and lots of alcohol.. not rubbing alcohol.. alcohol for your stomach. (so you can sleep)

you'll be scratching them for days.. then they will be scabs.. and still you'll be scratching them for days. Sorry bud.. next time spray heavily with deet if you go to the same place..

they like the waist band, sock band and underwear band...

Fuck chiggers they suck.

Offlineloco801
The lone ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: doo]
    #15166794 - 10/02/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry this is off topic but at least it involves chiggers .

When I was in high school in Zoology class, My teacher was talking about chiggers and ticks, mites etc. She goes "We don't have chiggers in washington." Then this the kid behind me (you know the popular kids who try anything to be funny but really don't have one brain cell) goes "Oh yeah there's lots of chiggers in Washington" speaking like she meant ni**ers.

:confused: supposed to be funny?

--------------------
P. azurescens
P. cyanescens
P. semilanceata
P. pelliculosa
P. stuntzii
G. luteofolius
Pan. cinctulus

Offlinebollocks
++Universe Beholder++
Male User Gallery

Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: loco801]
    #15166800 - 10/02/11 12:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

off topic but thanks I just lost 5 mins of my life staring at your avatar :smile:    (waiting for something to happen.. something purple)

--------------------
what is it that inspires us beyond
these temporal passions?
convictions.. they crumble beneath the question

Stavesacre "Handful of words"

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #15167087 - 10/02/11 01:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

loco801 said:
A girl went hunting with me before, and she still wants to in the future.

Quote:

Madcaps said:
my girl hunt with me all the time, my 15 yr old son and 14 yr old nephew, not for actives like cube and cyans though... she is a awesome hunter and we love the hunt!!!

My "sexist" comment was a joke in reference to Bob's typo. Not a literal slam against women.

Also, I meant hunt as in hunting an animal, not the fearsome and reclusive mushroom.

--------------------

InvisibleVirginiaGentleman
Lignin seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: birch beech maple oak
    #15167180 - 10/02/11 01:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ugh chiggers, i've had them twice this year. Best thing you can do after the fact is topical creams or oral dosing of anti-histamines. Prevention is key - be aware of habitat, wear long pants, use a good bug repellent (paying attention to shoes and pant bottoms)

Not a fun parasite to deal with

--------------------
Ps. Allenii, Arcana, Azure, Baeos, Caerulipes, Cyan, Ovoid, Subreg, etc FT - Only seeking Ps. woodlovers - legal USA + CAN - Intended for microscopy use only

Edited by VirginiaGentleman (10/02/11 01:53 PM)

InvisibleMadcaps
mushroom stalker
Male User Gallery

Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: VirginiaGentleman]
    #15167624 - 10/02/11 03:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

thanks guys, i appreciate all the help, i dont know what it is but nail polish is working ill take some benydryl also. i just got back from a hunt, scared to get in the bushes..lol,.. just re nailed up..

Offlineloco801
The lone ranger
Male User Gallery

#15167774 - 10/02/11 04:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bollocks said:
off topic but thanks I just lost 5 mins of my life staring at your avatar :smile:    (waiting for something to happen.. something purple)

:smile: I also find myself staring at it

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:

My "sexist" comment was a joke in reference to Bob's typo. Not a literal slam against women.

Also, I meant hunt as in hunting an animal, not the fearsome and reclusive mushroom.

I didn't find it a sexist comment at all. I thought the same as you until a girl wanted to go with me. She had lots of fun too! Whats the chances? :shroompick:

--------------------
P. azurescens
P. cyanescens
P. semilanceata
P. pelliculosa
P. stuntzii
G. luteofolius
Pan. cinctulus

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: help fellow shroomerite has chiggers- lots of them, any remedys, that work and some blueing gyms [Re: loco801]
    #15168391 - 10/02/11 06:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

loco801 said:
I thought the same as you until a girl wanted to go with me.

My point was that the statement isn't what I think.

--------------------

Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #15168516 - 10/02/11 06:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

that sucks man. real bad. :thumbdown:
benadryl. shower. weed.
good luck man.
haven't had them, yet...

nice gyms though. :headbang3:

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds