Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: Asante]
    #15082364 -

I'm 24 and I drink 1-3 beers a day, occasionally (but not always) much more on weekends and holidays.

I used to drink a 1-3 pints of hard liquor a day. I guess I'm not a 10 + year veteran, but I think I could reasonably consider myself an alcoholic, because this went on 3-4 years. I'd start first thing in the morning with breakfast.

I try to live without regrets, really, but I really do regret drinking so much. I'm sure that it's dimmed my mental abilities, and I can see in the mirror that it has aged me. I have lines in my forehead. I also have very bad social anxiety ever since I cut back. I used to be a mad partier, but now I just can't tolerate big social gatherings. They're not fun to me unless I drink, and I've had far more than enough of the feeling I get when my body's trying to tell me "no more." Plus, I realized that if you take a drug to get rid of your anxiety that you will make a fool of yourself, it naturally proceeds that you will make a fool of yourself. So I just don't go to most parties. :shrug:


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Edited by Tchan909 (09/15/11 11:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: robbyberto]
    #15085077 -

I use to live in a city built around a military base in Oklahoma. Tinker actually. About 50% of the people there were either alcoholics or methheads and the other 50% were just straight up crazy sometimes. It's a very weird little town. Seriously though man.. It was like 1 in every 3 people I met who were my age smoked tweak.


--------------------
Goin where the water, tastes like wine..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: Yheringaan]
    #15085199 -

just thought I'd share an experience dealing with an alcoholic I know.

I was at a friends place, I was 17 years old.  I knew my friends dad had drinking problems but didnt know how bad it was.  they lived on a farm, about 30 minute drive to the nearest town, 5 miles from neighbors. 

I was staying for night.  my buddies mother worked nights as a nurse, and his dad was on disability from farm injury.  While buddies mother was at work, around 11pm his dad was piss drunk.  was demanding his 10 year old daughter make him food.  she refused because she wanted to be sleeping for school the next day. 

He started yelling and throwing shit around and at her.  My friend went downstairs and started yelling at his dad to shut the fuck up, and go for a walk.  that ended up in them fighting so I went down to check shit out.  His dad had a 10" chef knife in his right hand and my friend was sitting on his dads arm holding him on the ground. 

after they struggled a bit, I too joined to sit on his dad's chest and hold down the left arm, while my friend kept the knife under control.  my friends sister called 911 and it took about 40 minutes for them to arrive.  felt like hours. 

so when the cops come they call paramedics.  except in the small ass town where I lived the two paramedics were busy elsewhere so a couple nurses come instead.  and you guessed it.  my friends mom shows up.  which was an interesting turn of events as she started to give her husband shit in front of all us.  the cops, me, and some neighbors that showed up when they saw the cops speeding by down the road.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: FlusH]
    #15085237 -

Yeesh. I can't believe how bad it gets when I hear stories. I once tried to beat up my younger brother because he wouldn't give me a beer. Fortunately, I was too drunk to fight for shit.

Seriously though peeps, alcohol is bad fucking news. If you can drink in moderation then more power to you. But also remember that when you're drunk, everything looks like moderation.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15085319 -

oh, demon alcohol...
sad memories I can't recall...
:faded:



  :givebeer:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: Asante]
    #15085442 -

Like most of you, I binge drink occasionally in extremely large quantities (9-16 shots, that sort of thing). It has definitely had a detrimental effect on every aspect of my life. Recently, I've been mostly avoiding it, because it really isn't fun for me anymore.

Getting drunk used to be entertaining in and of itself. Not sure what happened or why, but recently it just hasn't been that way anymore. Every time I drink (even small amounts) I regret it and feel like shit for several hours until I sober up. All the fun aspects have just vanished, it's just like being out of it for a couple of hours. I wish I knew what changed it so that it wasn't fun anymore, so that I could give you guys some advice, but I just don't know. It just changed.

So, my advice would be, drink as infrequently as possible. A lot of my good friends have ruined their lives with alcohol. I've never seen a drug do worse things to people than alcohol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: Asante] * 1
    #15085868 -

I know someone who never drank at all but as he got older his body deteriorated, even to the point where he died... oh wait, that's everyone who has ever lived no matter what they did. :cheers:


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: Asante]
    #15085948 -

Quote:
Wiccan_Seeker said: ... After your decade(s) of hard drinking, what advice do you have, what would you do differently? It could be advice upward from the simple advice to down two glasses of water before sleeping to lessen hangovers, to more compelling advice and insight.

Please state for how long you have drinking experience and what your averages are.

Help the young 'uns out here :thumbup:


    I've been drinking about 15 beers a day for over 30 years. Also sometimes wine with dinner and vodka shots before bed. ( I'm 54) My parents let me sip their beers  when I was 4 or 5. Drank and partied hard all through junior and high school.  I've got major health issues: insomnia, loss of appetite, digestion problems, liver disease (this could be from :syringe: H, coke, meth back in the 80's). Also night sweats and chills, tremors and the shakes, depression. Everything I consume (except :drinklager: ) makes me nauseous (I keep a puke bucket next to the bed) I have a beer or 3 first thing in the morning to stop the sweats or to get back to sleep.  I drink at work (4 - 6 beers)  doing home renovation. I'm under doctors orders to quit tobacco and alcohol, but it's not easy. Night sweats and twitching like a hooked fish is not much fun. It's sad that the 2 worst drugs are perfectly legal.(I already had 2 beers typing this response) Goodnight boys and girls and learn self control before it's too late... :drunk:  :faded:  :alc:  . . . :peace: I still love my beer, though ...:shrug: . . . :irishtoast:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: vinsue]
    #15085959 -

Yah I got words of wisdom...


Don't trust religious people while drinking/intoxicated. Get away from them!

Do not operate machinery

Lastly Only drink when the above 2 can be assured.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: Asante]
    #15086008 -

I've been drinking almost daily for ~8 years. 

What was once a novelty is now a crutch.  Don't let it happen to you, kids!



Wiccan:  I'm about to get raped by an O Chem 2 exam.  Send chem vibes plz.


--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: Set]
    #15086027 -

Judging by this thread, drinking too much fills you with self pity and an extreme desire to whine.

Being a (probably the only) socially acceptable intoxicant, drinking is fun as hell if you can handle it. Being immersed in drug culture it can be refreshing to be fucked up with that strange type of primate classified as 'normal people'. Heck its a good gateway (for lack of a better word) to bring these normal people over to the wonderful world of untaxed drugs.

Drug users demonize alcohol in order to make other drugs seem better, which is retarded imo. Even though I agree there are a myriad of drugs that are more fun and better for you, alcohol has its place and shouldn't be dismissed like a 'normal person' would dismiss illicit drugs.

But yeah if you're the type of person that can't handle their shit and needs to be fucked up every day, smoke weed. Every day.


--------------------
all change is resistance to suffering

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: Set]
    #15086100 -

Quote:
I'm about to get raped by an O Chem 2 exam.  Send chem vibes plz.






CHEM-CH(NO2)=CH2-VIBES4-S-Et


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Word of Warning from Veteran Hard Drinkers (10+ yr) to the Kids who Drink Like There's No Tomorrow [Re: Asante]
    #15086143 -

I began drinking at age 10, I literally drank myself stupid, I was somewhat of a genius according to an I.Q. test, I dropped 20 points with 10 years of drinking. I was diagnosed with liver disease at age 19 at the time my breakfast would be aguardiente, I would chug bottles of tequila, vodka, 151, pretty much depended on the day, and what I could get my hands on.
I fixed my life up after being given an ultimatum by the doctors, but remember the thing about alcoholism is not really what you do to yourself but what you do to others my brother looked up to me thought I was cool started drinking in excess to be cool with me, i got out, he didn't, hes going far deeper than I ever went and hes time is coming soon but he doesn't care.
Drugs and alcohol are as bad as a candybar in my opinion, the problem is the people who abuse them, anything in excess can kill you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Party Aftermath Pictures. *WARNING* *FUNNY PICTURES!*
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 6,009 37 07/28/04 03:26 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* The village WARNING SPOILERS Anonymous 1,131 7 08/04/04 01:25 AM
by MOTH
* are you a cheap drinker?
( 1 2 all )
TODAY 4,811 38 04/16/04 06:24 PM
by filthysock
* Last widow of a Civil War veteran dies KingOftheThing 905 4 06/07/19 02:39 PM
by Konyap
* Salute to our veterans..... Bullfrog1 2,031 12 11/12/02 09:20 AM
by ShroomSkin
* Warning , very important!!!!!! Urb 638 3 06/29/03 08:14 PM
by Papaver
* preppy kids?
( 1 2 all )
lukeboots 4,247 29 09/25/04 09:15 PM
by PuZuZu
* Do you have kids and grow? scotsman1 2,223 14 12/30/03 01:02 AM
by abhi

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,833 topic views. 10 members, 16 guests and 312 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.