Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: 4runner]
    #15044661 -

"Terrorist this, Reagan that. Taxes are evil and the guy next to me hates freedom.":downswords:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: PatrickKn] * 1
    #15044841 -

FUCK rick perry and his anti science bullshit :crankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: mikewazoski]
    #15045080 -

damn i was in class but it really sounds like paul lost ground on this one..


fuck man I just want a President who will talk about the drug war and bring the troops home..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #15045126 -

realfuzzhead said:
damn i was in class but it really sounds like paul lost ground on this one..


fuck man I just want a President who will talk about the drug war and bring the troops home..



What did paul say?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #15045129 -

actually he did decent. here are all his answers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: cbhead23]
    #15045134 -

Totally missed it. Did Romney "win" again?


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15045143 -

no "perry" did. they gave him 2x more questions than Paul.. Paul didn't speak too well but damn, do we really need another talking head?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #15045168 -

Dude, Perry is much worse than a talking head. The man is completely insane, not to mention functionally retarded.

Go figure such a vacuous twit would "win" with his rugged telegenic looks and winsome grin. :picard: What an absolute fucking travesty.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15045176 -

it  really is man. It's fucking disheartening to see the media just control shit like this.

:sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #15045218 -

I still can't see Perry winning the nomination, though. He's way too extreme in his worldview for most Americans to get behind and it would essentially be electoral suicide for the republicans to run him. I would say Romney is more electable, Mormon though he be, radioactive though he may be among conservatives.

Of course, maybe I'm giving too much credit to the republican delegates. They ran Bush, after all, and Perry is disturbingly similar in his public persona and beliefs. He's a lot more extreme, though.

Perry is a follower of dominionist ideology, which means he believes America should be altogether controlled by evangelical Christians. That's right, he wants an American theocracy, and the only news sources I've heard mentioning it are NPR and Al-Jazeera. :picard: I'd be more worried about it if I didn't realize that the majority of Americans, however displeased by Obama, would prefer to have a wimpy mulatto running the country to a fundamentalist religious fanatic.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Edited by Tchan909 (09/07/11 09:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15045705 -

Romney is the biggest tool in the group.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #15045740 -

The world is too out of control for one man to fix.
:ronpaul:

Don't get me wrong, he is PROBABLY they best candidate, and I will vote for him(mentally).

But do i think shits gonna get fixed when he gets elected...?
:archiebunker:


--------------------
:scarybeat:


My music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: eltonjohn]
    #15045753 -

eltonjohn said:
The world is too out of control for one man to fix.
:ronpaul:

Don't get me wrong, he is PROBABLY they best candidate, and I will vote for him(mentally).

But do i think shits gonna get fixed when he gets elected...?
:archiebunker:



i concur, sir.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: eltonjohn]
    #15045789 -

eltonjohn said:
The world is too out of control for one man to fix.
:ronpaul:

Don't get me wrong, he is PROBABLY they best candidate, and I will vote for him(mentally).

But do i think shits gonna get fixed when he gets elected...?
:archiebunker:



This is how I feel. In 2008 I was all for Ron Paul. Worked for his campaign and everything. Disagree with a couple of his views now, 3 years later, but he's still one of the more solid choice of anyone who actively and popularly runs.

I got so sick of politics after 2008. After investing myself into it sooo much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: eltonjohn]
    #15045901 -

eltonjohn said:
The world is too out of control for one man to fix.
:ronpaul:

Don't get me wrong, he is PROBABLY they best candidate, and I will vote for him(mentally).

But do i think shits gonna get fixed when he gets elected...?
:archiebunker:




He cannot do much as a president. But what he can do is talk openly about the drug war, be a president who's not purchased by corporate interest, and bring the troops home.

those 3 are more than enough to have me vote for him. but like others have said I do not conquer with all his views, but mostly because of my own personal bias (I like NASA/JPL funding and what not)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #15045918 -

Well im with ya, i want to see him elected

:ronpaul: 2012

I don't think anyone else wants anyone else but him too be elected anyways


--------------------
:scarybeat:


My music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #15045932 -

I was pretty big on Paul for a stint too but I had to jump on the Obama bandwagon in '08. Since becoming detached from Paul I've noticed a lot of things about his platform that I don't really like, anyway. He's massively overhyped on the internet libertarian circuit IMO. I must admit he's got real moxy, a gutsy personality, and genuine anti-establishment credentials.

But he's no Jesus. He is not our savior. Everybody thought Obama was Jesus in '08, look how that went. Obama is very charismatic and extremely intelligent and thoughtful, but the only ways to get things done in federal politics are deception and ass-kissing. I think Obama was totally genuine in his campaign promises. I don't think he has any ulterior motives as president. But he rode into the white house on a wave of euphoria that was immediately crushed by the realities of his job.

I still wouldn't write Obama off as a failure, either. He's done a lot of good, honestly, but his accomplishments have been overshadowed by wars he can't talk the defense community out of supporting and by the relentless brinksmanship of a senile, demented legislature.

IMO the political status quo is totally autocratic and will not change until its irresponsibility results in some kind of very acute, tangible, severe, widespread domestic crisis that wakes the country up to how badly they're getting screwed by the people they've hired to protect their well-being.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15045942 -

he's a puppet, seriously man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #15045946 -

IMO^

Idk, RP really would at least start bringing the troops home. He wants to at least audit the fed, talk about the drug war.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone Watching the Republican Debate? [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #15045956 -

IMO Huntsman looked really good.

Romeny was decent as was Paul.

Perry sounded like an idiot with no substance.

Bachman was functionally marginalized and what she was able to say made her sound extremist.

Cain sounded on top of things and I liked his ideas about the economy.

Santorum and Gingrich didn't say a single thing the whole time.


--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Watch the presedential debate
( 1 2 all )
2Experimental 3,108 36 10/01/04 07:02 PM
by kadakuda
* I'll vote for Jon Huntsman because
( 1 2 all )
Supernova 940 21 01/11/12 05:20 PM
by Dr. P. Silocybin
* DEA Debate Ravus 2,211 13 02/23/04 11:10 PM
by mabus
* People at school are watching the republican convention Phishgrrl 780 12 09/01/04 11:31 PM
by GnuBobo
* Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 6,274 41 11/27/04 06:56 PM
by d33p
* Who is going to the republican convention in NYC Corporal Kielbasa 1,500 19 08/19/04 11:46 AM
by mjshroomer
* My new front I am going republican Anonymous 1,238 10 03/21/04 12:56 PM
by psikooz
* Conservative christian right wing Republican straight white American males... Hooty 1,048 2 02/02/05 12:43 AM
by blissedout

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,155 topic views. 3 members, 31 guests and 288 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.