Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
DEA Debate
    #2370054 - 02/23/04 12:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I stumbled across quite an interesting argument on the DEA's website. It's completely typed out of a debate between a DEA agent, a NORML member (the founder, I think), a sociologist and a libertarian. All besides the DEA agent are for the legalization of marijuana, and the radio host, while he tries to be neutral, tends to sway to the side of those for legalization.

The NORML guy definitely knows his shut, and the DEA agent, while he shows his view, is, IMHO, owned. It can be found here

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: DEA Debate [Re: Ravus]
    #2370195 - 02/23/04 01:01 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

best part of it

ARTHUR: And what about treatment? Does putting, uh, the drug dealers in jail and...? Is that the right way to go? You know, someone who is selling marijuana or, I don't know, mushrooms or LSD or something like that, is putting them away for a long time the most effective thing you can do?

COCHRAN: If they're creating acts of violence, that's an appropriate thing to do, but if they're not creating acts of violence towards somebody else... In other words they're using drugs for their own detriment or benefit, whichever way they choose to look at it, then it's wrong to be incarcerating these people. It's wrong to be infringing upon their freedom to destroy their life if that's what they choose to do. One thing that I've seen in all the discussion here, and as a Libertarian, I want to just point out that there's some commonality that we're seeing in some of this discussion. Some of the commonality is, we've got some bad laws in this country. I think even Jeff agrees with this, that there are... He's out there enforcing some of these laws that maybe he doesn't like some of them. He can't admit to that, whether he likes them or not, but we're seeing... Certainly Allen has pointed out a number of bad laws. Jeff made an extremely good point that it is we the people who are responsible for changing those laws. As long as the people continue to elect the same politicians that continue to enact these bad laws, federal laws that override state constitutional amendments, these type of things, we're going to have these problems. The voters have got to quit electing Democrats and Republicans that are bringing these bad laws down upon us. And I want to put a name to the drug issue, if I may, and then I'll be done for tonight. Steve Cubby lived in California. Steve Cubby was involved in the legalization of medical marijuana in California. He has adrenal cancer, a rare form of cancer. He believes, whether it's?and ones can argue the point?but he believes the best way for him to maintain a quality of life is through medical marijuana. He signed up for medical marijuana, he took it. He had federal agents, and I can't say right offhand whether it was DEA agents or not, but he had federal agents override the state constitutional amendment and come in and arrest him and charge him with crimes. He has been fighting that, he became active in the Libertarian Party after being charged with these crimes. The most recent thing in Steve Cubby's situation is he has had to move to Canada in order to continue the medical treatment that he believes is right for him, and the Canadian government is currently conducting hearings to determine whether or not Steve Cubby should be allowed political asylum in Canada. Political asylum from the tyranny that exists in the United States. This is something we normally expect other people to come to the United States for, and today it has gotten so bad that people are having to go to other countries to get asylum from the United States government.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: DEA Debate [Re: Adden]
    #2370377 - 02/23/04 02:04 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Heh, yeah, I noticed he brought up mushrooms a lot, instead of sticking to the more traditional marijuana/ cocaine/ heroin. Wonder why that is? He referred to having under 1 gram of mushrooms being equivalent to a kidnapping charge, and the DEA agent didn't really seem to know much about mushrooms, just started talking about crack.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleTHEBOSS
THE BOSS

#2370672 - 02/23/04 04:50 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I dont think its a great idea to click on that link giving them your IP address and the website you just came from (shroomery).

Just my 2 cents.

THE BOSS

--------------------
Mushbox Forum

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #2370694 - 02/23/04 05:07 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

That's a good read. Thanks for posting that! :thumbup:

My favorite part:

"St Pierre: ....so I guess, really, the question Jeff, why is it that your side [The DEA] is losing? Why did the good citizens of Colorado, despite your best efforts, vote in favor of marijuana for medical purposes? You call it a sham. Well, you're insulting the majority of people around you. That's sort of a pejorative thing to do, don't you think?

Sweetin: Well, I'd like to answer that Allen.

St. Pierre: Please

Sweetin: You asked me why the good citizens of Colorado did it. My answer is that you lied to them. That's my answer.

St. Pierre: Oh, well, excuse me. You had all of the political apparatus within Colorado keep it off the ballot for a year. You came back, the good citizens voted for it, most of the editorial boards there, which now I guess you would claim were duped by NORML and its little million-dollar budget. So you've got the multi-million- dollar budget there, you've had the access for seven decades to change the minds of Americans and you have failed to do that, Jeff. I think the real burden here is on the status quo. Why is it that all of these failures and infirmities are so readily identified?

Sweetin: Well, I think the burden is really on the people that want to make the change.

St. Pierre: Which they did, and you fought them all the way, didn't you, Jeff?"

LOL! Pwn3d! :lol:

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: DEA Debate [Re: THEBOSS]
    #2370698 - 02/23/04 05:09 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Good point, but then again, I'm sure the DEA knows about the 'Shroomery anyway.

InvisibleYrtlzmo
Female
. [Re: THEBOSS]
    #2370701 - 02/23/04 05:11 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/07/13 01:00 PM)

Invisibleshriek

#2370730 - 02/23/04 05:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

good readin :smile:

Offlineask
apprentice
Loc: a special place
    #2371898 - 02/23/04 02:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

the DEA guy kept compairing anthrax and gernades to weed. he was runnig in circles, he could did not answer any questions, with a halfway decent answer.:thumbdown: a fucking moron....

--------------------
without the bitter,the sweet is not as sweet.

wanting is good,actually it might be better than having-

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2372774 - 02/23/04 06:08 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I love seeing the DEA being made fools of. :smile:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: DEA Debate [Re: THEBOSS]
    #2373890 - 02/24/04 12:15 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hehehe, if they are watching, what does it matter? its not incriminating, and if your saying they are stockpiling information... well anything is possible, but it sounds like you should look into tin foil hats.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlineask
apprentice
Re: DEA Debate [Re: amyloid]
    #2374061 - 02/24/04 01:06 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

amyloid said:
hehehe, if they are watching, what does it matter? its not incriminating, and if your saying they are stockpiling information... well anything is possible, but it sounds like you should look into tin foil hats.

dude, i understand what boss is saying, no there are not going to fuck with 10,000 board members. but we only have like 20 sponsers, and i think they would fuck with them, same as PF got fucked with and got fucked.

--------------------

Offlineask
apprentice
Re: DEA Debate [Re: amyloid]
    #2374067 - 02/24/04 01:08 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

amyloid said:

dude, i understand what boss is saying, no there are not going to fuck with 10,000 board members. but we only have like 20 sponsors. i think they would fuck with them, same as PF got fucked with and got fucked. if you dont see whats possible, well the FEDs never fucked with you then.

i did not like being linked directly to the .gov web site.

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2374079 - 02/24/04 01:10 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for posting. Could someone please post the whole debate? I hate going to those facist sites, gives me the creeps.

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub