Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: Philly's Mayor Nutter speaks out to black youth. Start at 9:43 [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #14927648 -

The thing of it is, most of these kids should have curfews that were set by their parents.

I know when I was in high school if I wasn't home by curfew my parents would get pissed.

That's what should be happening in Philly. But it's so fucked up parents either don't care or don't have time to worry about that shit.

Then it becomes the city's responsibility. I don't like the idea of curfews either, but if it stops people from getting robbed and killed then I'm all for it.

I don't think it's that big of a restriction on freedom, especially since it's just kids and young teenagers doing this. They really don't need to be out that late at night. And if they are out late, and are walking home or coming back from work, then surely they would not get in trouble.

I'm from KC, and apparently we're implementing a curfew for the plaza. It's basically a shopping district but it's in the city, not out in the suburbs or some shit. Really nice ritzy area. Three kids were shot there the other day, an 11 year old, a 15 year old and a 16 year old. Now they are putting in a curfew. I'm all for that. I don't want more kids getting shot. Plus the mayor was there when it happened, he almost got shot too. This kind of thing needs to stop. Maybe when people stop causing hell the rules will relax a little.

Not everyone behaves perfectly. A society does need rules. Luckily we have elected governments to make those rules. Idk about philly, but here the curfew is decided by the mayor and I imagine the city council. Guess what? Citizens voted those people into power because they believe that they should have the authority to make decisions and rules. In a year or however much time it is, the citizens have the opportunity to elect different people if they are unhappy. I'm sure the same goes for the mayor of Philadelphia.

If that isn't fair, I don't know what is.


--------------------
All drugs should be legal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Philly's Mayor Nutter speaks out to black youth. Start at 9:43 [Re: Humility]
    #14927805 -

Humility said:
Poid said:
realfuzzhead said:
exactly. Ive payed over 800$ in curfew tickets in my life, i used to bitch and wine and complain about my rights, but honestly, I never had anything good to do after curfew, just getting high and doing stupid things. I completely support curfew now, fucking 17 year olds have NOTHING positive to be doing at 1:00am, especially not out on the streets


I think it depends on the city/town..where I live, there aren't that many black delinquents, so there's no need to give teenagers a curfew.






100% true. I should of clarified, I support the local authorities ability to install curfews. In my town probably, in some area's definitely not

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Philly's Mayor Nutter speaks out to black youth. Start at 9:43 [Re: halo]
    #14929732 -

halo said:
They really don't need to be out that late at night.


This is a buttfucking stupid argument..they don't need soda either, should we ban them from drinking it?


I rarely use this graemlin, but:

:tard:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Philly's Mayor Nutter speaks out to black youth. Start at 9:43 [Re: Newbie]
    #14930032 -

Quote:
I can't help but imagine what would happen if a white guy said this.



Which is why a white guy shouldnt be saying it. Thats not racism, its a matter of interracial respect. Its said now, that's what matters.

Unlike what the speaker claims I do take interest in what underware the guy wears and whether I happen to see some coin slot, in fact if it were up to me people wouldnt wear any pants - so the guy is obviously throwing subjective morals at people, like Humility suggested.

Still, I feel, throwing some morals of my own, that appearing nonthreatening is a social courtesy and that it makes sense that dressing like a thug for a job interview indeed reduces your chances of being hired - we don't live in a world where people look solely for spiritual merit but a world where people will judge you for your appearance and the manner you carry yourself.

If your social facade is "don't mess with me" your prospective boss likely will opt not to mess with you.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Philly's Mayor Nutter speaks out to black youth. Start at 9:43 [Re: Samuel L Jackson]
    #14930118 -

SamuelLJackson said:
i told my step sister after i bought it and she was shocked. she asked if i was worried at all that he could have drugged it. i was like "who the fuck would spend good money on drugs, put them in a pie, and then sell that pie to me for a few dollars"



I'd have been more concerned about his special "man ingredient"

No way I'd have eaten that pie.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Philly's Mayor Nutter speaks out to black youth. Start at 9:43 [Re: Asante]
    #14930126 -

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:
I can't help but imagine what would happen if a white guy said this.



Which is why a white guy shouldnt be saying it. Thats not racism, its a matter of interracial respect. Its said now, that's what matters.

Unlike what the speaker claims I do take interest in what underware the guy wears and whether I happen to see some coin slot, in fact if it were up to me people wouldnt wear any pants - so the guy is obviously throwing subjective morals at people, like Humility suggested.

Still, I feel, throwing some morals of my own, that appearing nonthreatening is a social courtesy and that it makes sense that dressing like a thug for a job interview indeed reduces your chances of being hired - we don't live in a world where people look solely for spiritual merit but a world where people will judge you for your appearance and the manner you carry yourself.

If your social facade is "don't mess with me" your prospective boss likely will opt not to mess with you.



Well said.  Yeah I realize that statement I made sounds like a little klansman on my shoulder but I was just entertaining the 'what if' aspect of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Philly's Mayor Nutter speaks out to black youth. Start at 9:43 [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #14930149 -

luvdemshrooms said:
SamuelLJackson said:
i told my step sister after i bought it and she was shocked. she asked if i was worried at all that he could have drugged it. i was like "who the fuck would spend good money on drugs, put them in a pie, and then sell that pie to me for a few dollars"



I'd have been more concerned about his special "man ingredient"

No way I'd have eaten that pie.



:Tastesgoodman:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Philly's Mayor Nutter speaks out to black youth. Start at 9:43 [Re: Newbie]
    #14930237 -

Newbie said:
He really lets them have it!  Go Mayor Nutter!
I can't help but imagine what would happen if a white guy said this.
Questions?  Comments?  Concerns?



I lived and worked in West Phila during the Frank Rizzo days:mod:.  I'll tell ya what, in 1985 when the police dropped that bomb on John Africa and his  MOVE crew  , I gave myself a curfew  :zombie5: ...BTW SamuelLJackson , I used to get these bean pies from this Muslim brother in my neighborhood. It was a fund raiser thing for Nation of Islam. They were pretty good . . . :peace:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Philly's Mayor Nutter speaks out to black youth. Start at 9:43 [Re: vinsue]
    #14930293 -

vinsue said:
...BTW SamuelLJackson , I used to get these bean pies from this Muslim brother in my neighborhood. It was a fund raiser thing for Nation of Islam. They were pretty good . . . :peace:



THATS WHAT IT WAS!

oh man you just brought back so much detail to that memory with that little bit of info right there that it kind of blows my mind.

i remember now that i told my step sister about it because i got home and it had the muslim stuff on the packaging and i thought it was unusual.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Philly Blunt ?
( 1 2 all )
TYL3R 4,399 28 01/11/05 06:10 AM
by Twirling
* Nelson Mandela Speaks out on US war with Iraq
( 1 2 3 all )
Spiffy 8,600 56 02/16/03 07:27 PM
by Cracka_X
* Sanchez Get High-Welsh nutter tries ayahuasca with a shaman in Brazil *DELETED* LobsterSauceDiscord 1,577 3 08/19/09 01:42 PM
by blewmeanie
* Black Cadillacs muse_sick 1,775 12 09/09/04 09:10 AM
by funkymonk
* Philly people- help!
( 1 2 all )
Burke Dennings 2,089 33 03/17/05 12:32 PM
by Geordi_La_Forge
* Buy my Billy Corgan tkts! 6/25 Philly Electric Factory, CHEAP RedNucleus 456 1 06/20/05 07:23 AM
by bf6
* Do black women only like "thugs"
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 5,389 21 02/21/05 03:51 PM
by otacon
* Post deleted by Administrator EffedS 2,318 10 11/14/02 06:08 PM
by DreaMaTrix

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,008 topic views. 4 members, 14 guests and 124 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.