Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
TYVEK Hogwash in my underpants!
    #1487793 - 04/24/03 12:49 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

heyo!

Ok I got a bunch of Express Envelopes from the post office today. They are TYVEK. Now when I use them for filters, is it as simple as just cutting the envelopes up and sticking them over my lids? I was going to cut them into circles and put them over the quart jars mouth then attach the lid and skrew it on tight.

any thoughts? is it really this easy?

also, how good are these tyvek envelopes? I have a method now that seems to work but it is more prep time filter wise, it seems as if tyvek doesn't allow any air to pass through.

thanks again guys!!!!  :tongue:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: TYVEK Hogwash in my underpants! [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #1487889 - 04/24/03 01:27 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I was going to cut them into circles and put them over the quart jars mouth then attach the lid and skrew it on tight.

What I do is use the two piece metal lids and poke two 1/2" holes in the metal lid part. Then I put the tyvek on the outside of the metal lids and screw the band over it. To innoculate I simply push the syringe through the tyvek over one of the holes and seal the hole with tape.

also, how good are these tyvek envelopes? I have a method now that seems to work but it is more prep time filter wise, it seems as if tyvek doesn't allow any air to pass through.

Tyvek is the shit. Since I started using it I have not had a single stalled jar and I almost never get contamination. Plenty of air passes through.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: TYVEK Hogwash in my underpants! [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #1487932 - 04/24/03 01:47 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:tongue:

:tongue:

:wink:

:grin:6T :laugh:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: TYVEK Hogwash in my underpants! [Re: SixTango]
    #1487955 - 04/24/03 01:56 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hey 6T, have you ever tried putting the tyvek on the outside of the metal lid but under the band? I have found that doing this keeps the tyvek nice and dry and prevents contamination better than when it is under the lids. Just my experience.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: TYVEK Hogwash in my underpants! [Re: z@z.com]
    #1488705 - 04/24/03 10:21 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i'm w/6t,
i tried it the other way, too
but found it somewhat difficult to find the needle hole under the tyvek
so i went back to what 6t illustrated so well.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlinemossie
curandero

Loc: dung street
Re: TYVEK Hogwash in my underpants! [Re: Hippie3]
    #1488713 - 04/24/03 10:27 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

you just broke the law,yellowsub. saying you are using post office property for a filter, just to let ya know. you didn't have to mention they were from the post office. that says, you are in the US and that they can investigate you and convict you for this and whatever else they find out along the way. just a heads up

--------------------
Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith. -proverbs 15:17

Edited by mossie (04/24/03 10:28 AM)

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Re: TYVEK Hogwash in my underpants! [Re: mossie]
    #1489169 - 04/24/03 01:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

quick edit your post, yellowsub!!!!

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: TYVEK Hogwash in my underpants! [Re: Hippie3]
    #1489604 - 04/24/03 03:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I just mark the hole with a pen.

--------------------

Offlinemossie
curandero

Loc: dung street
Re: TYVEK Hogwash in my underpants! [Re: z@z.com]
    #1489874 - 04/24/03 04:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i just do what 6T says no matter what
theres reasons for everything he does

--------------------
Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith. -proverbs 15:17

Edited by mossie (04/24/03 04:34 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation