Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Georgia - The dumbest, fattest state in the country. [Re: DrGreenThumb865]
    #14797675 -

DrGreenThumb865 said:
fee said:
I don't get what is so great about cali? The economic sucks here.



If you think the economy sucks there... Come to the south. :facepalm: It's bullshit dude. And our laws are decided by ignorant, conservative rednecks...

:doublefacepalm:



it's pretty much no contest that cali has one of, if not the worst economy (along with oregon) in the U.S right now. especially compared to the south.


has any other state had to release prisoners by the thousands simply because they don't have the money/room to facilitate all the inmates?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Georgia - The dumbest, fattest state in the country. [Re: PurpleKush]
    #14797678 -

http://www.ajc.com/business/georgia-no-9-on-1029696.html

Oh, by the way, Georgia is also rated number 9 on the 20 most toxic U.S. states.  Just one more reason to leave. :nonono:


--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Georgia - The dumbest, fattest state in the country. [Re: PurpleKush]
    #14797741 -

PurpleKush said:
guywiththegun said:
I'm just gonna interrupt this intelligent discourse for a quick message.

Albuquerque is fucking AWESOME. At least to me. Move to New Mexico.

That is all.




What about the Mexican drug gangs and the border wars?  Is it a real problem, or is it just sensationalized by the media?

I do like Weird Al's song about Albuquerque




Well, number one, I'm so far north, I don't think it affects me. Sure, there's crime and stuff, but no worse than there was in Dallas, where I lived my entire life up til last year. I haven't heard any cartel related stuff, although I do keep an eye on those news reports.

WE'VE GOT MEDICAL. In fact, this weekend is the first annual medical marijuana expo, and they'll have doctors present to help you get your card, among other thing, as well as music, glass blowing, stuff like that. You don't need a medical card though, because anybody who gets some good chronic is probably either selling surplus medical that they bought off the grower under the table, or from a patient. I used to think weed in Dallas was off the hook compared to ABQ weed, but this guy I've been going through lately has proved me VERY wrong. He just hooked it up with some stuff called OG18, which is apparently a proprietary strain that the grower bred himself, and it was easily the wickedest shit I smoked since I moved.

It's not hot, I mean it gets up in the nineties but there is no humidity. It feels like low eighties, if you're from a place with high humidity. I've biked when it's ninety-something degrees out, and the only place I sweat is underneath my backpack.

Speaking of bikes, bike culture here is awesome, there's bike trails to just about anywhere you wanna go, including MTB trails. If you're a skater, the city answered the "how do we keep skaters off our sidewalks" problem by a) legalizing longboarding in the street, and b) opening up a number of skate parks.

The art scene is nice, there is a thriving beer community here (we had a Sam Adams Longshot winner come out of the club I occasionally hang around with) and the economy isn't completely fucked. Compared to Dallas, it's a little bit more expensive to live here, but only by about 5-10%. We're definitely not talking Cali prices.

The one down side? The music scene kinda sucks. We get some good shows coming through here, but as far as festivals and bigger acts, you'll probably have to go to Santa Fe, Phoenix, Denver or Dallas. Each within about a 10-12 hour drive, btw, so it's not like you can't GET to these places.

I'm not saying it's the mecca, don't get me wrong. I'm having a little trouble finding a new job, but I'm also currently employed so the situation isn't that bad. But I've met some downright awesome chicks, smoked some awesome weed, and generally had a good time. Seriously, I love this town.


--------------------
My Trade List        My Epic Trip Report        My Not-As-Epic Trip Report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Georgia - The dumbest, fattest state in the country. [Re: PurpleKush]
    #14797763 -

shroomery... how far you have fallen.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Georgia - The dumbest, fattest state in the country. [Re: kintos]
    #14797831 -

zenthor said:
a cheap one bedroom apartment in the sf bay area runs from 1000 to 1500+ a month (cheaper in oakland).
  while LA is a bit cheaper around 750 to 1200 a month. also a car is a necessity unless you live in SF or within walking distance from bart.



I didn't realize it was so cheap.  I always had the impression Cali was super expensive.

Maybe I'll look into it in a few years...


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Georgia - The dumbest, fattest state in the country. [Re: badchad]
    #14797841 -

also a car is a necessity unless you live in SF or within walking distance from bart.

No it isn't, there are several bus lines all over the Bay Area.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Georgia - The dumbest, fattest state in the country. [Re: PurpleKush]
    #14797844 -

PurpleKush said:
I've got to get the hell out of here.  I'm thinking Colorado or Arizona.  Anyone got any other suggestions?



Pacific northwest.

greatest place on earth


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Georgia - The dumbest, fattest state in the country. [Re: badchad]
    #14797953 -

I live on the Ga coast, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I travel for a living, and seen many places that people claim to be so much better.

Evey where I've been I've encountered hard core racists, ultra liberal sissys and fat rednecks. Not to mention people from the north(I don't even know what to call you degenerates). Ear wrenching squealy accented douche bags from New jersey are the worst. And don't get me started about people from Cali, You guys are like some fucked up vegan cult.

Like the late great George Carlin said, "People are the about the same everywhere you go. A hand full of winners, and a whole shitload of losers."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Georgia - The dumbest, fattest state in the country. [Re: DavesNotHereMan]
    #14797966 -

Georgia has the best state song :thumbup:


--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Georgia - The dumbest, fattest state in the country. [Re: DavesNotHereMan]
    #14798003 -

DavesNotHereMan said:
And don't get me started about people from Cali, You guys are like some fucked up vegan cult.


What parts of California have you visited?


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Georgia - The dumbest, fattest state in the country. [Re: PurpleKush]
    #14798064 -

PurpleKush said:
So I live in a state with a bunch of fat dummies.



shut the hell up and eat yer deep fried lard already


 
Quote:
Not to mention all the redneck racists and homophobes, along with heavy religious oppression.



I hate to inform you but it's actually far worse outside of the south, we
hear about klan rallies and all that crap, where are they being held, in
kalifornia and other shit holes like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Best State? Worst State?
( 1 2 3 all )
Gijith 8,206 55 07/25/12 07:48 AM
by Adden
* Georgia on my mind.... Hooty 869 2 10/07/04 12:03 PM
by gnrm23
* how's this for a representation of the state of today's world?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
exclusive58 3,648 65 06/21/05 06:29 PM
by sideshowbob
* *NOT IN THIS STATE. NO SIR.
( 1 2 all )
PrisonSong 2,173 36 01/16/05 08:08 PM
by blissedout
* average IQ of states vs. election results
( 1 2 all )
angryjslice 4,567 24 11/04/04 11:10 AM
by Annom
* What's the dumbest thing you have ever done while drunk? RandalFlagg 2,679 19 03/27/05 11:50 PM
by RandalFlagg
* I hate Georgia Tech, I hate engineering, and I hate my major freddurgan 16,741 13 09/06/04 01:45 AM
by lovelight
* How many states (and countries, I guess) have you visited?
( 1 2 all )
Chastity_Belt 2,067 21 06/09/05 12:35 AM
by HELLA_TIGHT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,380 topic views. 4 members, 40 guests and 288 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.