Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Another example of French/German/Russian hypocricy
    #1476850 - 04/20/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Greets,
To those of you that support the French's position on the war, but still tell me I should "get my degree in history/pol sci", heres a bit of history, just for you :smile:

After the FIRST Gulf War, Kuwait felt very exposed to being attacked by foreign nations. To help them out, France, Russian, Germany (many other countries as wel, including US) designed a "oil for security" program.  This program stated that if any foreign aggressor attacked kuwait, we would "have their back". Now, Saddam's launched some of the banned missiles of his at Kuwait, (admittely we shot most of them down), but I didn't see the French / German/ Russians honorign their part of hte bargain.  I think that we should tell Kuwait that we'll guarantee their safety if they sell oil ONLY to us, and do the same for Iraq.  Make oil prices in Europe jump some more :-)

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: Another example of French/German/Russian hypocricy [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1476910 - 04/20/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think Iraq was a foriegn aggresor in the latest war. It was attempting to defend itself, as it was being directly attacked. There's a big difference. It must be confusing to you, cuz the USA calls a war of aggresion a war of defence. If the USA said the world was flat, would that make it so?

Your desire to inflict discomfort on others with whom you disagree insults my christian sensibilities.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Offlinefriartuck
Man of God

Loc: England
    #1476931 - 04/20/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Germany, Russia, and France have made no qualms in saying that they are opposed to the United States's role in the war against Iraq. Why in the hell would they be in favor of bombing Kuwait?

They believe that Westerners should stay the fuck out of the Middle East as much as possible, because it belongs to the Arab race and culture.

The United States, meanwhile can't seem to get their dick out, and it's no big secret why. They sit on the next great oil supply, now that Texas is empty.

What do Iraq and Texas have in common? Oil of course.
What do the Bush administration and oil company CEO's have in common? They're the same people.

It seems pretty cut and dry to me. We want the next century to go the way the last one did. We choke the fuck out of the third world in this hemisphere to feed our law enforcement and defence budget and suck all the recources out of the third world in the other hemisphere.

That is the reality of American foriegn policy. That's why they hate us, and that's why change is imminent.

Think of Muslims as the American Indians of the 21st century.

--------------------
This post has been brought to you by:

www.thedarkunderbelly.com/phpbb

Never give up, never surrender.

If you're seeing bitterness, perhaps the time has come to clean the shit from your eyes.

Edited by friartuck (04/20/03 04:35 PM)

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Another example of French/German/Russian hypocricy [Re: friartuck]
    #1476942 - 04/20/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

carbon -OK, so, since the US attacks them, they attack Kuwait, interesting :smile:  Kuwait CIty is the capitol of a sovereign nation, and they lauched missles at it, therefore they attacked a soverign nation and declared war on it, through their actions.

friar Do you think that I said that the french and Co should attack kuwait?  you need to order a program that lets you understand words and their meanings, friend. I said that SINCE Iraq attacked them, and these nations agreed to protect them, these nations should be at war with Iraq.

Johnny R

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1477172 - 04/20/03 06:35 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You'll have to bear with Doodie (friar), he often fails to comprehend what he reads.

And anyone that believes this....
"They believe that Westerners should stay the fuck out of the Middle East as much as possible, because it belongs to the Arab race and culture. "....
about the French, Russians, and Germans, needs all the understanding and pity we can dredge up.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Another example of French/German/Russian hypocricy [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1477181 - 04/20/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yea, most liberals seem to act without the burden of knowledge and truth.  BTW  I love seeing that some people here are in the NRA as well. I'm a life member.  One thing that I enjoy doing, and Hunter Thompson mentioned it in a book tho I never got to try it when I met him, eating high dosages of psychedelics and shooting guns at night.  (Note: use your own range, back stop, etc.) I know it sounds dangerous but you can do it safely :smile:

I take no responsibility for injuries relating to this post :smile:

Pz

Johnny R

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1477183 - 04/20/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Personally, I find the idea of mixing drugs and weapons to be foolish at best, and reprehensible at worst.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1477191 - 04/20/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Heh, thats because you haven't seen the blue flame leap out of a .44 Magnum and speak to the woods :smile:

pz 

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1477196 - 04/20/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Nope. It's because I believe in treating weapons with a good deal more respect than you seem to.

Now, you do what you want but if you reply to my posts in the future, please leave out combining guns and drugs.

I have little to no respect for those who don't know enough to realize the two don't mix.

--------------------

Invisibleslppe
the eye

Loc: tripped out
    #1477208 - 04/20/03 06:58 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hunter Thompson is crazy. I saw him on the Conan O brain show and the guy could barely string two sentences together, yeah good role model :blush: 

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #1477669 - 04/20/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Don't worry Luv--Johnny Boy is a pre-med student.  If he blows his foot off he'll know what to do  :grin: 

Anonymous

#1478062 - 04/21/03 12:48 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

***Edit by Rono*** Flames aren't tolerated in this forum

Edited by Rono (04/21/03 09:00 AM)

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
    #1478084 - 04/21/03 01:01 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

As it was pointed out, Kuwait wasn't attacked, especially by Iraq as a "foreign agressor". The US soldiers who happened to be stationed in Kuwait City, and other localities through Kuwait were attacked. There is an extreme difference. Furthermore, the missles which were launched were not banned weapons. You fail.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Another example of French/German/Russian hypocricy [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1478208 - 04/21/03 03:12 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Don't worry Luv--Johnny Boy is a pre-med student.  If he blows his foot off he'll know what to do  :grin: 

It's not him I'm worried about. It's the poor innocent bystander who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time that I worry for.

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1478340 - 04/21/03 06:48 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

So as Saddam attacked Kuwait after America and its allies attacked him, and france and germany had already said they were against the attacking of Iraq,
its somehow france and germanys fault?lol funny logic.But dont you think that by not starting a war over there france and germany were in fact protecting Kuwait(or getting therre back as you put it)were as America and its allies put Kuwait in the line of fire?So pretty much caused the missile attacks on it?Or is that not how fox put it?

--------------------

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
Re: Another example of French/German/Russian hypocricy [Re: Paid]
    #1478369 - 04/21/03 07:24 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

So as Saddam attacked Kuwait after America and its allies attacked him, and france and germany had already said they were against the attacking of Iraq...

ditto

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

Offlinefriartuck
Man of God

Loc: England
Re: Another example of French/German/Russian hypocricy [Re: grib]
    #1478434 - 04/21/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

>They believe that Westerners should stay the fuck out of the Middle East as much as possible, because it belongs to the Arab race and culture.

Hey luvdem:

Why don't you tell me what is wrong with that statement by pointing out an instance since the fall of the USSR in which any western power not currently a member of the coalition of the willing has launched a military campaign with the directive of overthrowing a Middle Eastern government?

Specifically, France, Germany, and Russia.

Just name one time before showering me with pity.

--------------------
This post has been brought to you by:

www.thedarkunderbelly.com/phpbb

Never give up, never surrender.

If you're seeing bitterness, perhaps the time has come to clean the shit from your eyes.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1478448 - 04/21/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I can't believe you actually admit to doing drugs and shooting guns. That's pathetic. I'm not an NRA member but i support them and the right to RESPONSIBLE gun ownership. Please take a Gun Saftey course, or don't use guns.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
    #1478491 - 04/21/03 09:13 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I enjoy...eating high dosages of psychedelics and shooting guns at night.

you are dangerous. I firmly believe in 2nd amendment rights and I also believe that if an individual wants to use conscious altering substances then by all means, they should.

I do not believe that they should be combined. Fire-arms are dangerous when combined with alcohol, mushrooms, even cannabis.

I don't know what type of 'psychedelics' you are referring to but with peyote, mushrooms, etc., I can't even imagine combining them with fire-arms.

I hope you don't live anywhere near me.

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

Edited by grib (04/21/03 09:30 AM)

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Another example of French/German/Russian hypocricy [Re: grib]
    #1479178 - 04/21/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

hahaha geez, I obviously stated that you have to have basic range skills.  I like taking my .300 Winchester Magnum out and shooting at glowsticks I have set up 200 yards away.  THATS a trippy ass splatter to watch :smile:  I've done this quite a few tiems and killed / injured noone. Geez, shooting guns sober is like... playing with explosives... sober... or something :smile:

Pz

Johnny R

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract