Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Countdown to Extinction... [Re: GazzBut]
    #1390477 - 03/19/03 05:54 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

eventually you will just be an ignorant prick. 

i'm egotistical as well....and cocky. :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Countdown to Extinction... [Re: zeronio]
    #1390486 - 03/19/03 05:56 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

5 hours 59 minutes...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Countdown to Extinction... [Re: Xlea321]
    #1390503 - 03/19/03 06:02 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

This is a turn up for the books inny.

alpo you know good and well that you don't read books...

Quote:

You're one of the boys brigade who used to spend 15 posts a thread braying for sources. And you don't even read them?

are you sure i don't read them? could it be that i like making my little buddy mad? Then again i could be telling the truth and don't read anything from him. Always leave em wanting more i always say..ha

BTW since he hasn't been able to prove his point nor disprove mine either, i'd say i did a pretty good job at the research i used...THE ACTUAL DOCUMENT OF 1441. WOW, what a concept.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Countdown to Extinction... [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1390708 - 03/19/03 07:13 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

i'm egotistical as well....and cocky. 

Sorry to misrepresent you!  :grin: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1390781 - 03/19/03 07:39 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

No problem, i can be an asshole to, so feel free to use that adjective at your convenience....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
Re: Countdown to Extinction... [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1391085 - 03/19/03 09:11 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

I was simply pointing out that we don't have evidence either way.

are you talking about evidence of WMD, or evidence of the fact that the iraqi people hate saddam? we really have both. We have evidence of WMD, and really, most countries leaders agree that iraq does indeed have chemical and biological weapons. Dr. Khidhir Hamza, the head of iraq's nuclear weapons program for several decades before fleeing to the US, testified before the UN that the only way to make sure saddam was disarmed of these weapons was occupation, and he said that inspections were not working.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1391325 - 03/19/03 10:25 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

BTW since he hasn't been able to prove his point nor disprove mine either, i'd say i did a pretty good job at the research i used...THE ACTUAL DOCUMENT OF 1441. WOW, what a concept.

Woukl you admit the US were willing to lead people to believe that 1441 contained no automaticity to war? To my mind John Negroponte's comments prove this.

to quote the double talking US State Department:
Quote:

He stressed to council members that the language of the resolution contains no "hidden triggers" or "automaticity" that would allow the United States to use force against Baghdad if it fails to cooperate with the weapons inspectors. The matter will return to the council for discussions.

If you really disagree can you please try and do it in a constructive fashion. I know Im asking a lot!  :smirk: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: Countdown to Extinction... [Re: flow]
    #1391718 - 03/19/03 12:41 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

are you talking about evidence of WMD, or evidence of the fact that the iraqi people hate saddam?

Both. If the administration had said, I don't know, something like: "They have x amount of x weapons in location x", well that would be a completely different story. Instead we got something like: "We THINK they have the CAPABILITY of creating some weapons........". We are much more of a threat than Iraq is (Especially weapon/technology-wise).

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #1391909 - 03/19/03 01:35 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

This quote comes from a Reuters article earlier today:

Quote:

Russian Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov said no U.N. Security Council resolution authorized the use of force against Iraq outside the U.N. Charter and "not one of them authorizes the violent overthrow of the leadership of a sovereign state."

Ivanov said if there were "indisputable facts" showing Iraq posed a direct threat to the security of the United States "then Russia, without any hesitation, would use any means available under the U.N. Charter to eliminate such a threat."

"However, the Security Council today is not in possession of such facts," Ivanov said, in a reference to the Bush administration's linkage of terrorism to Saddam.

So who is the liar?

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Re: Countdown to Extinction... [Re: Edame]
    #1391971 - 03/19/03 01:57 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

zero

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Countdown to Extinction... [Re: Edame]
    #1393130 - 03/19/03 07:59 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

"So who is the liar? "

Well I havent seen much proof of these WMDs from the weapons inspectors or from the US. Basically all the US have done is repeat over and over that Iraq has WMD and is a threat to the US until enough people like Flow believe them. Its easier to believe than think things through. Especially when the believing gets the old patriotic flames burning in the brain.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1393151 - 03/19/03 08:06 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Keep in mind that we did find some missiles he shouldn't have had.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Countdown to Extinction... [Re: Murex]
    #1393512 - 03/19/03 11:02 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

some people don't care....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Anonymous

#1393520 - 03/19/03 11:09 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Its funny because that some people are the same people opposing this war and calling Bush a liar. I wish I knew the color of the sky in their world, maybe life would be like a cartoon then.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Countdown to Extinction... [Re: Murex]
    #1393573 - 03/19/03 11:48 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Bear in mind that whilst the US & UK watched Iraq dismantle their weapons they knew full well they would be attacking soon after. How fucked up is that?

And do you really think a few missiles that may have been around 10km over the allowed range really justifies this war?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Countdown to Extinction... [Re: TackleBerry]
    #1393578 - 03/19/03 11:50 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Its funny because that some people are the same people opposing this war and calling Bush a liar. I wish I knew the color of the sky in their world, maybe life would be like a cartoon then.

What in Gods name is that supposed to mean! Looks like all that brainwashing is starting to mess u up.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1393581 - 03/19/03 11:52 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

and some people dont answer questions when they know they've been proven wrong.

Thats life.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1393900 - 03/20/03 02:45 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Woukl you admit the US were willing to lead people to believe that 1441 contained no automaticity to war?

you cannot read 1441 without knowing that there would be military actions. Colin powell told the representatives of France ( as well as everyone who voted for it, all 15)to not go into the resolution unless they were prepared for military actions. France said "we will". With this said we've been sending troops there since 1441 was voted on 15-0. That is why there is a rift between the US and France. France promised to act and stabbed Colin Powell and the United States in the back.

Quote:

If you really disagree can you please try and do it in a constructive fashion. I know Im asking a lot!

you haven't made one point that anyone has ever heard of yet. This is getting embarrassing for you. I'm still doubting you've even read 1441. Maybe it's just that you wish sooooo much that we (the US) were wrong that you're just making stuff up and clinging onto what little shred of legitamacy you have left. You're self-destructing and i really don't want you to.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1394024 - 03/20/03 03:19 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Inny please explain this quote from JOHN NEGROPONTE VIA THE US STATE DEPT concerning 1441

Quote:

He stressed to council members that the language of the resolution contains no "hidden triggers" or "automaticity" that would allow the United States to use force against Baghdad if it fails to cooperate with the weapons inspectors. The matter will return to the council for discussions.

When you consider the current interpretation of 1441 that seems to me like the US attempting to mislead people..

In Summary..

1) 3 security council members had pointed out that as they saw it a second resolution would be needed.

2)Negroponte confirms this to make sure resolution gets passed

3) In the ensuing months a proper case for war is not built.

4)Knowing that due to point 3 they can not get a second resolution the US change their posistion on the automaticity of 1441.

5)That is hypocrisy

6)you are a fuckwit.

good night.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
    #1394099 - 03/20/03 03:43 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Both. If the administration had said, I don't know, something like: "They have x amount of x weapons in location x", well that would be a completely different story. Instead we got something like: "We THINK they have the CAPABILITY of creating some weapons........".

What the hell? Just how exactly is the US supposed to pinpoint all of iraq's weapons?? The whole idea of the inspections is that saddam was supposed to give up his weapons willingly, which obviously he didn't.
Wait about a week, then see the evidence we have. Of course it's just going to be faked right?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]