Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Who's good at math? How do you visualize differential equations?
    #14661129 -

I have no problem visualizing most forms of math: Trig makes shapes, calculus flows, linear algebra builds spaces, but I have a hard time visualizing differential equations.  When I see them mapped out, they make complete sense, but building that picture in my head has proven to be pretty difficult and I have no idea why.


--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
What does the sound of a screen door mean?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
How far are the mountains? Where do they end? Why would the church?
Did the service begin? Tell me who died, and tell me who cried.
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who's good at math? How do you visualize differential equations? [Re: SS32]
    #14661144 -

Diffy Q man, very diffy Q

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who's good at math? How do you visualize differential equations? [Re: SS32]
    #14661329 -

This is what you're looking for. Use it wisely!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who's good at math? How do you visualize differential equations? [Re: mellowparty]
    #14661424 -

?


--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
What does the sound of a screen door mean?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
How far are the mountains? Where do they end? Why would the church?
Did the service begin? Tell me who died, and tell me who cried.
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who's good at math? How do you visualize differential equations? [Re: SS32]
    #14661462 -

Amphetamine preferably the S-(-) isomer. This thing is like fucking custom designed for math lovers. I don't really like maths, I dont hate it or anything but I think there are more interesting stuff. This all changes when I take speed. Equations, graphs, numbers, patterns etc come naturally when you're high and it feels like brainsex.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who's good at math? How do you visualize differential equations? [Re: mellowparty]
    #14661515 -

Ahhh the picture wasn't working earlier.  I'm prescribed to adderall but I don't take it; the comedown blows.  Plus, I don't really need it.  Also, if I want to think real hard about something I'll just get high, that does actually help me visualize things.


--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
What does the sound of a screen door mean?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
How far are the mountains? Where do they end? Why would the church?
Did the service begin? Tell me who died, and tell me who cried.
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who's good at math? How do you visualize differential equations? [Re: SS32]
    #14663576 -

I guess you're the opposite to me. I can't think about maths if I'm high, its horrible :lol: 10-15mg adderal or 5-10mg dexamphetamine sulphate shouldn't have a bad comedown. I guess it works for someone who doesn't use it regularly.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who's good at math? How do you visualize differential equations? [Re: mellowparty]
    #14663594 -

differential equations are pretty sweet

its like a triangle that gets folded up or down

i have a drawing somewhere actually

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who's good at math? How do you visualize differential equations? [Re: Konyap]
    #14663624 -

slopefields are visual?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who's good at math? How do you visualize differential equations? [Re: azay]
    #14663674 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Math Noetical 861 11 04/01/06 09:50 PM
by Konnrade
* So you think your good at math...
( 1 2 all )
ChiefGreenLeaf 2,753 29 04/14/07 04:23 AM
by exagram
* Learning Math sirbojangles 1,323 13 03/02/07 07:12 PM
by SymmetryGroup8
* Tough math!!! adeptMind 555 3 03/01/05 08:33 PM
by freddurgan
* my math teacher is such a hippie....
( 1 2 all )
Madtowntripper 3,547 30 05/05/05 05:46 PM
by Dark_Star
* Math Education: An Inconvenient Truth
( 1 2 all )
FrenchSocialist 3,265 22 02/24/10 01:43 PM
by laserpig
* Yes, I'm shedding tears over MATH
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,191 33 02/24/10 01:00 PM
by today mylove
* Math help please. beejay 957 9 01/06/05 01:31 PM
by Digs

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
585 topic views. 11 members, 30 guests and 170 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.