Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: my pinheads stopped growing.
    #14467 - 04/26/00 05:32 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Give them a few more days before you freak out... it sounds like you did everything ok.

Your temps sound just fine. They do not have to be "cold shocked" with the exception of some very exotic strains from the Pacific Northwest. A help in some instances is to make a little more moisture available by doing the double ended casing tek found at www.fanaticus.com if they seem to be stalled. Quite often, when doing PF-Cakes using the PF-TEK, moisture content can be low in the cake itself. All the humidity in the air can not change the fact that your cake is a desert in the middle if you didn't use enough water when mixing the substrate :wink:

I am a PF-Cake fanatic (I'm too lazy to case) and I just use the Perlite Humid TEK for my humidity needs and set the cakes directly on the perlite. They never starve for water this way and have been known to send out mycelium throughout the perlite!

Give them a few more daze and then, if they still havn.t done anything, try the double-ended casing tek to get them going again :wink:

------------------
"Cut the head in half using a bandsaw and scoop the brain out... Blast the brain out with water or air... Suck the brain out through a hole in the head..."

[This message has been edited by Wasted Spores (edited April 26, 2000).]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#14469 - 04/26/00 07:51 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

thanks W.SPORES, I feel like a virgin thats about to get his first piece of ass. Excited, and a little worried that somethings gona go wrong.
what do you think about the placement of straws into the cakes to add water?
thanks for the help
Bach

Anonymous

#14470 - 04/27/00 08:40 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

The straw-tek is an excelent way of introducing moisture into a dry cake (probably the best) and I have seen it rejuvinate cakes that have lain dormant for months on end!

Use a 1/4-inch drill bit (be sure to flame sterilize it first) and, with your fingers, drill a hole about half-way down into the center of the cake. Insert a clean straw (don't re-use one from McDonalds) into the hole and then fill the straw with fresh distilled water. It may take a few hours to as long as a couple of daze for the water in the straw to be absorbed as the mycelium is very dense in the cake. When you see your cakes start pinning, stop filling the straws (but leave them inserted in the cakes for later use).

I have seen cakes continue fruiting this way longer than most casings and they will continue fruiting until all nutrients in the cake have been exhausted :wink:

------------------
"Cut the head in half using a bandsaw and scoop the brain out... Blast the brain out with water or air... Suck the brain out through a hole in the head..."

Anonymous

#14471 - 04/27/00 04:11 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Well,today i have made a discovery on my first cake that started growing my so called pin heads. now on the sides of the cake i see five new pinheads that look NOTHING like the light brown blobs growing out of the top. The new ones look like little missiles with dark brown heads. These newer pinheads look more like what I think a baby shroom would look like.
The original are about the size of a dime, they have no stem portion, just round, light brown , "bloby" looking growths.
Do you think i might have abnormal growths, or something like that????

hey, THANKS again for any help,

bach

Anonymous

#14472 - 04/27/00 05:27 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like evrythings pretty cool then

Offlineteyju
    #14473 - 04/27/00 05:39 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

as far as that straw tek goes, do any of you guys think that the cakes would do better if the water you put in the straws was taken from a pot of boiling potatoes (for dextrose)?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags