Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Sick of mushroom holy man fruitcakes
    #1426738 - 04/03/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If I were to post this:

The other day I did my first trip! LOL OMG So cool, after I ate them I was snorting x and drinking beer at this party I WAS SO FUCKED UP SO COOL. So anyway now I have found the BEST drug so I want to produce lots to always keep me fucked up (SO FUN). Can anybody tell me how I can grow 3 pounds of mushrooms in 3 months so that I can sell them at redneck parties where they will be abused shamelessly and treated with no respect?

Then I would get the response:

Mushrooms are sacred, and a religious sacrament. They are not something you take just to get "fucked up." They are not just another drug to get high on.

Bullshit! Mushrooms are taken for the same reason people smoke weed, take prozac, and drink beer. I fail to see the difference. Please enlighten me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesunyata
nonexistentexistentialist
Re: Sick of mushroom holy man fruitcakes [Re: Dogomush]
    #1426748 - 04/03/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You are incorrect. There are many reasons to take mushrooms. If yours is to get fucked up the same way you use beer, then you will miss out.

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #1426749 - 04/03/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It's because of people who abuse psychadelics and other drugs, that they are illegal to begin with. Duh...You don't neccessarily have to use mushrooms and be all 'holy mushroom man' about it. All you have to do is not be a dumbass about using them. Also, mushrooms are an order of magnitude more powerful than beer, weed, and prozac. That's like comparing a GED to a PhD. Technically they are both degrees, but you get the picture I hope. I hope one day you'll see the difference, but if you don't know...you just don't know. Sorry man.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Sick of mushroom holy man fruitcakes [Re: bert]
    #1426761 - 04/03/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The mushroom is a powerful TOOL, Dogomush. Don't play with power tools.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Sick of mushroom holy man fruitcakes [Re: chunder]
    #1426797 - 04/03/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

How can you say that mushrooms are more powerful than beer, prozac, or weed?

Prozac completely changes peoples outlook on life. Mushrooms do too, but not more powerfully than prozac. Prozac doesn't give you a bigger trip than shrooms, but it is more subtle. It's the stalking cat in the woods. You pop your pills, and you take the prescription for granted, but it's silently stalking your life, making you happier and more productive, but you don't even know it. Shrooms you eat BAM BAMABOOOM you KNOW mushrooms are impacting you. They aren't sneaky, they aren't silently following you through your life turning you in new directions.

To take the metaphor further, you're walking out in the woods. A huge bear crashes through the woods at you (mushrooms) and so you avoid it by walking into the woods away from the berry bush filled pasture to avoid it. The prozac beast on the other hand turns you into a leashed fish in a pond, and then dr. Prozac pulls you this way and that way and suddenly you're happily employed at corruption corp.

Beer kills WAY more than mushrooms, so it's WAY more powerful than mushrooms. Weed use is closer to prozac use, with it's subtlety.

There are many reasons to take mushrooms.

Bullshit! what are the many reasons to take mushrooms?

Edited by Dogomush (04/03/03 04:37 PM)

Invisiblebert
bodhi

#1426830 - 04/03/03 04:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Prozac only affects you if you have a chemical IMBALANCE in the brain. It's bringing you closer to baseline. Shrooms are undoubtedly more powerful on a Shulgin scale. By your faulty logic, water is as powerful as shrooms because it can erode a mountain or keep life flourishing on the planet. Next time you try shrooms or any other psychadelic, instead of focusing on just the pretty colors, try focusing deeper into your mind. No amount of beer will allow you to have an introspectively enlightening experience. Weed is a powerful mind alterant as well, but its effects are more subtle and you have to seek them out more.

--------------------

Invisiblesunyata
nonexistentexistentialist
    #1426847 - 04/03/03 04:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Ugh. I'm sorry I ever responded to this thread. I fart in your general direction.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1426859 - 04/03/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Prozac doesn't affect everybody? That's news to me, and I'm pretty skeptical about that. This whole imaginary "baseline" state of the brain concept is pretty sketchy too. But besides all that,

Hehe ah I see, so you are basing what's more powerful along some kind of scale called the "shulgin" scale. Ok sure, then if you choose to look at drugs through the lense that is this unspecified "shulgin scale" mushrooms are more powerful. However, I've demonstrated that if you choose another lense to look with, you'll find that mushrooms are very weak. For example, water is more powerful because it keeps life flourishing on the planet and can erode a mountain. Can a shroom trip do that? I doubt it. But let's stop the senseless and potentially endless rhetoric.

I've read that when there's a shortage of ayahuasca, many shamans will turn to the bottle, not out of a need for a lift from their ayahuasca-free existence, but to use hard liquor as a ritual intoxicant and make contact with the spirits, and all the other reasons a shaman drinks ayahuasca, so I'm a little skeptical about your stance on beers.

But let's get closer to the point that I'm driving at: Prozac is taken to enjoy life more, right? So are shrooms, beer, and weed, right? Am I right?

Invisiblebert
bodhi

#1426885 - 04/03/03 05:29 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Prozac and shrooms let you appreciate life in a different way. Prozac is a long term gradual acting drug that forces you to feel different. Shrooms are a once in a while thing that gives you the oppurtunity to view life differently. There is a world of a difference. From the sounds of it, I'd almost think you haven't taken mushrooms before. But hey, to each his own, and it would be irresponsible of me to say what you should or should not get out of a psychadelic experience. As long as you consume them responsibly and don't get into trouble, then you can do whatever you want. Get 'fucked up' if that's all you want from it but don't belittle other people's experiences from psychadelics just because you haven't seen things from a different point of view. I've been where you are, extremely skeptical, and I've seen both sides. So, best of luck.

--------------------

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #1426895 - 04/03/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

LOL ...........Typical powder wig and sodomy veiw.You must be white,that makes you right eh?Stay away from the sacraments and stick to beer.......party on doood!
Now flame away I deserve it  :grin:WR

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1426904 - 04/03/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mushrooms are taken for the same reason people smoke weed, take prozac, and drink beer. I fail to see the difference.

I assume you mean people take these substances to escape from the problems that face them in their daily life.  This is a gross generalization.

Lets look at morphine, a drug that you did not list.  We could claim that people take morphine for the same reason that people drink beer, smoke weed, or take prozac.  However, the lady across the street that is dying from liver cancer is also taking morphine... for the pain relief.

We must each take responsibility for our own actions.  It is not fair to expect others to make moral judgements for us.  If I smoke weed, drink beer, eat mushrooms, and inject morphine to escape the problems in my life, so be it.  It would be very egotistical for me to assume that everybody else taking these substances is taking them for the same reason that I am.  I am not them, how can I know what their motivation is?

If somebody eats mushrooms and has a mind opening experience... why should I judge them?  Why should I assume they were just trying to escape?  Why can I not accept their experience?  If my mind is small, must theirs be as well?

:smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Sick of mushroom holy man fruitcakes [Re: whiterasta]
    #1426921 - 04/03/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Can beer change your entire philosphy on life? Mushrooms have that potential. Eat 7grams in a dark room, alone, in silence, with nothing to do, then come back here and make the argument that beer is more powerful.

Prozac is for fixxing a neurological imbalance, Happiness in a pill is how i think of it. It triggers a chemical reaction in the brain...All drugs, or things that make us Feel good do the same. The strength of this reaction in psychadelics is nowhere nearly as strong as the other substances youve mentioned.

Mushrooms are the fruits of the gods, they provide insight in addition to a good time, I dont think anyone cares if you misuse them, just laugh because you could be getting so much more out of them.

About selling them...people just dont want consequences comming down on them, because of someone who has a lack of respect.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1426923 - 04/03/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

the point I'm driving at is that drugs are used to help you enjoy your life more, right? Prozac brings you pleasure, and so do mushrooms. Sure, shrooms give you these wild spiritual experiences and make you feel closer to God, whatever, but the bottom line is that you gain pleasure from the experience. Even a bad trip can be pleasureable because you can learn from it and gain insight into your situation, correct?

I purposely started off this thread with the intention of getting everybody's balls in a knot because people don't like to be equated with a 14 year-old shroom eating kid getting fucked up when they're meditating on a shroom trip and achieving a kind of "enlightened" state and seeking meaning in their profound little lives.

I was talking to a friend of mine and he pointed this out. To him there is no difference between eating mushrooms and taking any drug. They all give you pleasure, right, that's why you do them. Stopping the spread of a pustalating infection, reaching enlightenment, and gaining ease in social situations are all done for pleasure, right? I mean, you can't really deny this, but it's also a very basic way of looking at things. You could take the argument and say that all things are done for pleasure, right? But there are some differences among all things.

Can someone help me out here with this? What can you say to this kind of argument? I do believe there is a distinction between using shrooms and taking prozac, but what my friend says IS true, even though there are lots of other true but different things you could say.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1426977 - 04/03/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

But let's stop the senseless and potentially endless rhetoric.

If we did THAT, then we would have to close down this board. :smile:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Sick of mushroom holy man fruitcakes [Re: Swami]
    #1426985 - 04/03/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hmmm yes let's not go too far

Invisibleprince_toadstool
Punchline
    #1427139 - 04/03/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well it looks like this has been a lively thread :smile:

i can understand what dogomush means, it is technically true that you use mushrooms to get pleasure, and you also do many other drugs (and things) for the same reason.

dogomush acknowledges that there are /other/ (many and obvious) differences. for instance one might use shrooms to gain perspective or insight on a problem, rather than just escaping it with alcohol.

given that, i'm not sure what the debate is really about. i think we may have misunderstood what dogomush meant.

on another note i agree with the original sentiment that one shouldnt think that their use or outlook on shrooms is better or more valid than anyone elses. we probably all feel that our way is the most mature, or gets the most  benefits, but we really can't judge others.

anywayz i thought it was funny about the water-comparison. it actually turned out to be a good point that in a way water is more powerful than shrooms, even tho its not something you would practically compare :smile:

--------------------
"Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers." Voltaire

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #1427172 - 04/03/03 08:26 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I don't agree wiith your argument. In my opinion all things do not boil down to a perpetual quest for pleasure, drug experiences included. If I take 5 dried grams I know that it can be challenging and unpleasant, but pleasure is not the point in those instances, knowledge is. To each his own, that's just my take on it, everyone has free will to follow their own path.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Punchline
Re: Sick of mushroom holy man fruitcakes [Re: AislingGheal]
    #1427208 - 04/03/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

:smile: I agree, but if one wanted to be tricky...  just back it up a level. you do it because you want to get knowledge--the fact that you /WANT/ to get knowledge means that since you want it, knowledge must please you, or at least you find it pleasing to try to get knowledge. if it pleases you, its pleasure :smile:

and not that thats how i feel, that's just why his argument can be valid in the context in which it is intended

--------------------

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
Re: Sick of mushroom holy man fruitcakes [Re: prince_toadstool]
    #1427275 - 04/03/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I knew that was coming. That is one possible interpretation but the way I see it is that knowledge can be painful as well. If pleasure were the goal I would choose an easier route. To make a long story short my view is this; Pleasure does not equal Truth or vice-versa. I base this on my experiences but I do not believe I can prove this point to be valid beyond a shadow of doubt.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Punchline
Re: Sick of mushroom holy man fruitcakes [Re: AislingGheal]
    #1427291 - 04/03/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

o, right, i wouldnt ever say that truth is the same thing as pleasure (i just meant that they might go hand in hand if u like persuing the truth, like u and i) ne ways enough post modernism for one night i think :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom