Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider
    #1678183 - 07/01/03 09:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

We all know there are very few health risks in taking tryptamines like LSD, mushrooms and DMT, but I've come across some information about some health risks you guys may want to be aware of. Lots of drugs go under the radar of western medicine but the Chinese paradigm has some interesting things to say.

Yin and yang are the two basic forces in the universe according to this paradigm. When they interact they produce qi. Your mind is yang your body is yin, and this animates you... your mind commands your muscles which move around to gather food to power your mind. All the energy you have is qi. qi is also the heat generated from the sun hitting asphault and the sound of splashing waves and blah blah.

So anyway, there are lots of different kinds of qi in the body. the theory of how your body works is that you have primordial qi... the original qi of the body is in limited supply and the more you use up the less long you live. Taoists liked to preserve this qi so that they could live long enough to become realized and then hang around helping other people achieve the same before they go into a trance and merge with the void which is getting off of earth for good.

Lots of Qi Gongs make use of this primordial qi. For example, muscle tendon change qi gong takes the primordial chi from the belly, spreads it to the extremities, builds connective tissue among the muscles and then returns it to the belly.

So anyway, mushrooms, and drugs that expand your mind like they do use up primordial qi to do so. To percieve the huge thought forms of a mushroom trip requires lots of energy from somewhere, and this is where it comes from. Ultimately it will speed the aging process. Sex does this too, as well as holding on to emotions for years and having issues to deal with.

Something to keep in mind. I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff , but if you have any questions then ask em and I'll answer in a few days when I get back from the wilderness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider [Re: Dogomush]
    #1678340 - 07/01/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality - Something to keep in mind.

Apparently everything "inhibits" immortality as no one lives forever.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider [Re: Swami]
    #1678363 - 07/01/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hey swami, just stop it. you always insert these obnoxious little quips ostensibly to insert some of your salt of the earth pragmatic reasoning, but it really looks needlessly antagonistic.

you _know_ he's talking metaphysics... its not funny!

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Offlinelateralus
    #1678407 - 07/01/03 11:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I really dont think its that big of a deal, I'd hardly consider it a 'health risk'. Under this assumption one would expect to rarely see on old avid psychadelic user( or sex fiend ) and they are all over the place. It's clearly not the case, there are plenty of old psychadelic users and sex fiends:) all over the world.

And if it is true I'd rather die young and have psychadelic experiences, than live to an old age never having them, or fearfully saving up my 'life force' by denying myself some very good experiences.

Ive read a bit about this stuff and I quickly came to the conclusion that its bunk crap. Thats religious Dogma youre talking about, its a seperatist point of view that is made for believers of it to seperate themselves from the masses by (unfourtunately) denying themselves pleasureful things in life to find inner peace. By fear tactics. It makes them scared to have these potentially great, life changing, possibly beneficial experiences. It also helps them to confirm to themselves that they are being sucessful by seperating themselves as 'people who KNOW and live accordingly' to 'those who have no idea and will die young'. Its fundamentally incorrect and damaging to live your life that way in my eyes...

As an aside though: I have been really thinking about the yin/yang symbol for a while now and something I came to see in it after a lot of thought is, its a puzzle, and maybe someone will agree with this. When your average person first looks at the yin yang they see two things:a light side and a dark side. Constantly in battle, at odds, but at the same time flowing in harmony together. Its all about duality, self/other, light/dark, good/evil, etc. Thats the trap, methinks. It was meant to be seen that way at first glance but the true meaning is that it is one symbol, not two! It is a whole, there is no light and dark, they are one and the same. Duality is illusion, the only thing that exists is the whole by itself. Now when I look I see 1 not 2.

Just my opinion YMMV of course.

Edited by lateralus (07/01/03 11:22 PM)

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #1678427 - 07/01/03 11:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not sure I believe this (the whole thing). But,

Quote:

as well as holding on to emotions for years and having issues to deal with

Well, since tripping allows many people to resolve pent up issues such as these, maybe it's balanced.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Anonymous

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: Dogomush]
    #1678432 - 07/01/03 11:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think that's all a bunch of bullshieet.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider [Re: Malachi]
    #1678685 - 07/02/03 12:39 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hey swami, just stop it.
Control is a need of the EGO.

you always insert these obnoxious little quips ostensibly to insert some of your salt of the earth pragmatic reasoning, but it really looks needlessly antagonistic.
Sorry you find a true statement with zero personalization to be offensive. Would it please you more if I fabricate some "spiritual" fluff?

you _know_ he's talking metaphysics... its not funny!
No he was not. ("Ultimately it will speed the aging process. ") He was talking about lifespan which is biological and not metaphysical.

--------------------

OfflineElvish
enthusiast
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: ]
    #1678700 - 07/02/03 12:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

'Something to consider' right?
and considering it, I think IT'S FUCKIN' SHIT!! :mad2:
no..juuuust kidding...
    :tongue2: juuuust kidding.
really. I've often thought that...
1) Psychedelics have made me hungry for enlightenment but lazy and impatient when it comes to the discipline required in these distracting times etc etc etc..
2)Unless I have some psilocybin or Dextro. or whatever right before I die (like Huxley) I might lack the concentration/courage to 'stand up to the light' or focus on breath or say the magic words ('peanut butter and jelly sandwiches'  consider yourself enlightened! :wink:)
I don't know, I think this is an interesting topic but perhaps some people feel threatened by it...or ,honestly,consider it nonsense!
I think we can all agree that Psychedelics do have SOME kind of effect on the CNS.  Are there long-term alterations? Are they against some spiritual law? Or for it?

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1678870 - 07/02/03 01:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I've come across some information about some health risks you guys may want to be aware of.

Are you just making this up, or is there some actual evidence that supports the claims you make in your posting?

Offlinetrippinlizard
gridwalker

Loc: in the shade of the mushr...
    #1679352 - 07/02/03 05:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality - Something to keep in mind.

Apparently everything "inhibits" immortality as no one lives forever. 

Well, right  now, I'm coming down from a HUGE dextro trip and i feel that this post brings up a very sharp point, no one lives forever, i think it's relevent. And in response to energy use think of how much primordial qi it would take to summon a frame of mind in which one had the capability of influencing others reality to the point where the other person perishes (i.e. killin' 'em)... yeah...think about it... :oogle:

--------------------
fine. do what you want, but i'm drinking the water.

Offlinec_mathimatics
kaok
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider [Re: trippinlizard]
    #1679759 - 07/02/03 08:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

OK first everything in Nature has sex!!!

It's a fundamental building block to biological systems. It does not expend energy, it creates energy anew. (Don't you feel a rush after a good orgasm, like your body has been flooded with tons of energy?)

Second, mushrooms, marijuana, peyote (natural substances especially) *pull in* new energy into your body, revitilizing it and purifying it. Of course, you pull in so much energy with mushrooms that the next day your physical body often needs a moment to integrate it all.

I don't know about you, but I personally sleep less after experiencing da fungi and have renewed energy for days or weeks after!

There is unlimited energy in the universe, you must simply be open to receive it all. Abundance is natural.

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider [Re: c_mathimatics]
    #1679830 - 07/02/03 09:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry but Swami is right.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: NariusFractal]
    #1680030 - 07/02/03 10:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Obviously everything does not live forever, just like what goes up must come down. But time is a variable and how you treat your time will depend how much you have. If you abuse substances or even worry too much about simple things you are putting external variables into your life which will effect your time ( your life span, or time line ) Some things counter act each other, for example if you are very stressed out at the end of a day it is easy to see that your pent up anger could needlessly use up your energy leaving you emotionally unstable and wasting your time, if instead you realize your emotional state and take the proper step's to defuse yourself(some cry, others talk..) you will be increasing your time because you just prevented a few hours of needless ranting and reducing your stress.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1680047 - 07/02/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Check this thread out

Theres a good chance magic mushies can greatly prolong life.
interesting, no?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #1680868 - 07/02/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Really LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Confusion sae:Yu wise ass! :smile: 

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#1680905 - 07/02/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm sorry...Swami made me laugh...but listen: all systems that attempt to preserve their purity of teaching either dismiss or condemn alien elements that sneak in. I'm somewhat knowledgeable about Taoist Yoga and Alchemy, but more attuned to Hindu and Tibetan Yoga (which drew from both Chinese and Indian sources). I must tell you that one of my most important teachers - Lama Anagarika Govinda - said that he never Really understood the doctrines of which he was brilliantly knowledgeable - until he took LSD.

On a lesser note, I've practiced Yoga for no less than 30 years, and taken psychedelics for the same amount of time, and I still get ID checked once and a while. Dude - I'm gonna be 50 years old next week! I still feel the need to jack-off a couple times a day during the horniest week of my monthly male cycle, and still jump my Lady that night. My father is still alive at 86, even though he smoked up to 3 packs a day, and had 15 major surgeries in 18 years, and his uncle just died at 106. Genetics and/or the grace of God.

Despite the Taoist notion of the creation of 'the Immortal Fetus,' which really is an analogy to St. Paul's 'Inner Man,' there is a big difference between the idea of Eternal Life, and personal immortality. I embrace the former notion, with hope, but dismiss the latter notion as a misunderstanding of The Way [things are].

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1681642 - 07/02/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

...and I still get ID checked once and a while.

But you politely explain to them that you will NOT be eligible for the the senior citizen discount for another 5 years.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#1681665 - 07/02/03 09:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Bragging about my new AARP membership won't help me beat the cover charge either!

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1682351 - 07/03/03 01:16 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well for me i dont know man. i was really fucked up and felt really depleted before i took shrooms. it was just after i took them that i felt like i was going crazy... and not so much thati  didnt already feel like i was "going crazy" . my perceptions were really fucked. BUt anyway ill try to stay on topic. i Remember there was a post by someone a while ago who said that the "fountain of youth" was in your spine and that by having sex or releasing the energy for sex depleted this "youthful water" or what have you. But I think there are new "rules" to be made for a new world. With so many things that we dont have to think about now, i think what we really need to try and keep our energy on is keeping it real. SOmething that i think will only get harder as time goes on... that is unless there are more brave souls venturing to try and change something of the world around them. the shroomery is a good place, its a nice haven for a lot of people. But i think a lot has to be done on the outside as well. As far as mushrooms are concerned and ever lasting life, i dont see them as a detrement to the continuance of "whatever" it might be that could be continued, but maybe an arduace(sp?) task for a re assesment of ones life. as for me, lifes been way too fucked up. I was shot off the planet long ago, im visiting, trying to make changes to things ive seen... Who knows, maybe i just have brain damage, and i lack the proper perceptional facilities to understand. But then again... ummm :rolleyes:  :eyemouth:

--------------------
What?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1682397 - 07/03/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Its funny, religion and spirituality is such a far out concept yet our nearly our whole lives revolve around its presence in our world. whether it be your belief or simply the belief of others. and for me, ive never really witnessed anything great, out of this world, except that world i seem to have cultivated inside my own mind. Thats been pretty far out, and the greatest questions i face is the that of understanding that world. The thing about religion is, the so called events that have inspired religous texts around the world, have never been witnessed to living people. To OUR perspective. no one we know who has lived knows anyone else who on the whole of our world witnessed something out of this world, out of ourselves. One person might have seen it, and said i have witnessed a true outworldy experience, alines, jesus, satan, santa claus. But yet.... We have not all witnessed the same thing.

Is that what it takes for something to be real? Maybe it doesnt matter, but the point is, i think it takes everyone together to realize one thing, for one thing for all of us to understand. So we can have some foundation as a race which to guide our evolution, stear our abilties.

When was the last time we all looked up at the sky at the same time, when was the last time we together as a race did anything at the same time?

When was the last time that our race ever decided to do somethign together? lol... to me the greatest question that lies before us is what to do with humanity. What I see is a world slowly crumbling... people their beliefs on the understood crashing everyday. What really matters now isnt really meant to be debated, its something that should be agreed upon.

Maybe thats why so many people fear the end of the world. Maybe its that true sense of real fear, "hey look at this if you dont see your world will crash".

To me almost all religions strive to one point. Maybe its not so bad that religions are here... just the people that seem to carry them out. maybe the creators had the right intention, but just lacked the ability to control their "believers" to "keep it real". Maybe the point to the whole of most religions was to be something taken to a literal aspect and not something out of this world. You know... not metaphorical, dreamy, o thats your belief screw you. but more of the kind of, hey look, it seems that their our rules to our society, we must follow them or else, we must naturally face consequences.

rant causes pant therefore cant Think anymore to Rant... till later till pants have ceased.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#1682465 - 07/03/03 01:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Magic mushrooms inhibt immorality.

they intimate immortality...

Offlinelsdod
Stranger
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1683070 - 07/03/03 07:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Worth noting as well that many culture's religions endorsed the use of magic mushrooms and other entheogens as part of the path to enlightenment etc. I think all religous/spiritual teachings have lot's to offer and also lot's of bullshit to filter out. I suppose it might just be a case of editing out all the parts the contradict your lifestyle, but i dont think so, cause i have many habits i know i should give up in the name of spiritual work.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: Middleman]
    #1683575 - 07/03/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Magic mushrooms inhibt immorality.

It appears to be not so. The ratio of hawks to doves on the Political Forum is about the same as the nonmushroom-taking populace.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: Swami]
    #1685180 - 07/03/03 10:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hahah funny shit. I knew this was a controversial subject. Nobody wants to hear about this sorta shit on this forum. Well let's clear some things up. I'd just like to remind everybody that you don't have to believe anything ever, so please don't be scared, I'm not waving around a sharp bible on a wooden stick.

Lateralus:

Ive read a bit about this stuff and I quickly came to the conclusion that its bunk crap. Thats religious Dogma youre talking about, its a seperatist point of view that is made for believers of it to seperate themselves from the masses by (unfourtunately) denying themselves pleasureful things in life to find inner peace.

Hehe I like how you've read a "bit" and "quickly" came to the conclusion that it's bunk crap. Good effort.

It's not at all religious dogma. It's not religious. You are a confused little man. This is a health issue. Through the western paradigm mushrooms are totally fine health-wise. According to TCM (traditional chinese medicine) magic mushrooms burn up the primordial qi of the body. How much? I don't know that you could quantify it. Is it a signifigant amount for the average drinking/smoking/driving/TV watching fast-food eater? Probably not. TCM and Daoism are separate. Daoists are health-obsessed (well, not "obsessed" exactly because an obsession would be unhealthy) and that's why they come into the equation. Let's also not forget that there are many schools of Daoism based on the ingestion of powerful herbs, drugs, and sex. The Seven Bamboo Tablets of the Cloudy Satchel, a Daoist book containing 360 methods for gaining enlightenment cover everything. So don't go around calling Daoism dogmatic. By definition dogmatic daoism can't be daoism. Daoists aren't even dogmatically anti-dogmatic.

I suggest you make use of your mental faculties next time you respond to a post.

C_mathematics:

OK first everything in Nature has sex!!!

What about Daoist ascetics? Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with having sex. It's more about management. Because of the nature of our calculating, logical minds we get a little fucked up. I don't know about the animals where you live but the animals where I live have sex only a few times a year (don't ask me how I know this). They shag in the springtime and are celibate the rest of the year. Animals don't fuck out of boredom or silly things like "love" or because of some psychological shit inherited from the days you sucked on your momma's teet. So while we're doing everything to imitate nature, shouldn't we also eat our own shit? Dogs do it...

Second, mushrooms, marijuana, peyote (natural substances especially) *pull in* new energy into your body, revitilizing it and purifying it. Of course, you pull in so much energy with mushrooms that the next day your physical body often needs a moment to integrate it all.

Exactly what I'm talking about! You feel revitalized, purified, full of massive amounts of energy! Except you say you pull this in, but I say that this energy is your primordial qi being brought out and used to give you the trip. Think about the action of mushrooms on your brain.. you don't absorb any nutrients or any energy... the psilocin goes into your brain and bonds to your receptors and makes them fire like crazy, again and again and again. The thing that makes you trip is your own brain going off, not the drugs. Therefore the energy comes from you, from your own brain.

LSDOD:

Worth noting as well that many culture's religions endorsed the use of magic mushrooms and other entheogens as part of the path to enlightenment etc.

What religions use magic mushrooms and other entheogens as part of the path to enlightenment.? I've actually never heard of one. Fill me in, cause I know these drugs are used for practical everyday things like getting in touch with spirits to know what's up, travelling outside the body, healing self and others, but I've never heard a culture using them to gain enlightenment in the Buddhist/Taoist sense of the word.

Rhizoid:

Are you just making this up, or is there some actual evidence that supports the claims you make in your posting?

I've been told this by a friend who's a martial artist and a doctor of TCM. I have an automatic skeptical reaction to anybody claiming adverse reactions from drugs, even ones I don't do, just because there's so much misinformation out there and people are quick to label psychedelics as dangerous. The theory was explained to me not in a context of "don't do drugs!" but as a way to explain to me the concept of primordial qi. I've been very impressed lately with the approach of TCM, and I've come to accept it as a paradigm equally valid as western medicine though very different. Through training martial arts I've found talking in terms of qi, meridians, and the five elements is much more productive than using western terms (tendons, muscles, nerves, etc.)

The system of understanding I use to train martial arts and develop a deeper understanding of what's going on in my body states that magic mushrooms use up primordial qi. Though the thought that my beloved mushrooms might be a little unhealthy makes me wince, I think I owe it to myself to investigate further, and posting here is part of that investigation.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1685884 - 07/04/03 06:02 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not aging faster. I just want to die sooner everytime i trip.

I wonder how you got this information. Because it sounds like a warning on a sigaret box. "SMOKERS DIE EARLIER".. (Wonder which of the bright smoking warning signs highminds came up with that assumption.)

Its not true.  :shake: 

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Onlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#1686437 - 07/04/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sometimes you have to turn up the pressure to see the leaks.

--------------------
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I have done it before and it never has an effect on the true believer so what is the point?

Onlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: Swami]
    #1686451 - 07/04/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Saying being a hawk or dove is moral or immoral is a personal bias.
Being a hawk or dove is a personal choice, that may be based on the morals of the individual.

--------------------
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I have done it before and it never has an effect on the true believer so what is the point?

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: falcon]
    #1686486 - 07/04/03 01:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I wonder how you got this information. Because it sounds like a warning on a sigaret box.

I explained how I got this information. Interesting how everybody reacts. We've all built up such severe defenses against anybody suggesting that magic mushrooms are unhealthy. I wonder if this forum is totally close-minded to the idea. Maybe we're trying to balance out the people who blindly declare drugs unhealthy and dangerous by blindly declaring they aren't.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1687592 - 07/05/03 07:09 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"Lots of Qi Gongs make use of this primordial qi. For example, muscle tendon change qi gong takes the primordial chi from the belly, spreads it to the extremities, builds connective tissue among the muscles and then returns it to the belly."

... So, then, don't Qi Gongs use up primordial chi like mushroom users do?

Life's about experiences.  Just make sure you don't spend hording life and not experiencing, or not getting the most trade of life per experience out of your experiences, either.

IMO, <i>anything</i> is bad for you, depending on the circumstances.  Is smoking one pack a day bad for you?  Sure.  But what about one pack a month?  One trip a week?  One trip every couple months?  Once a decade?  Getting into any kind of habit or routine where you aren't getting the most out of your experiences precisely because they are routine to you is not making an efficient use of your energies.  Me, I do them rarely enough that this is not a problem, and I think that any wasted energies are minimal.

There're people out there who'll tell me -- and with good research to back their claim -- that by quite literally starving myself, I could add between 20 and 50 years to my lifespan.  All I have to do is only eat about 750 or 1000 calories a day, I think it was...for the rest of my life.

I'd love an extra half-century of experience.  But is that extra 50 years worth over a hundred, total, for a weak, drawn-out, dishwater existance occupied with constant hunger, physical weakness and lack of stamina, impotence, dulling of the senses, need for more sleep, inability to indulge even in moderation in the most primal of pleasures -- a good meal -- and lack of clarity of thought?  I wouldn't even be able to take a simple, good shit, as I'd prolly have either chronic constipation and chronic diarrea. 

Weigh the risks and the benefits, the potential gain versus potential loss for each choice you make.  I take some risks because the loss-to-gain ratio is low.  I refuse some experiences because it is high.  You gotta set your gain right for yourself.  :smile:

...Man, I shouldn't stay up this late.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1687612 - 07/05/03 07:37 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Good, because I have experienced death on shrooms and it is nothing to be afraid of. To live forever is to be inhuman.

"Thou owest God a death"--Shakespeare

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider [Re: silversoul7]
    #1687723 - 07/05/03 09:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

imo, Mushrooms (as well as other drugs) are poisons.

sometimes sacrificing our bodies can help put things in perspective, for there are much more life-consuming sicknesses all around us that infect the mind... as Shadow would call them "social narcotics".

but I think i might be getting a little off topic here...

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: Grav]
    #1687865 - 07/05/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The difference between a poison and medicine is often just a question of dosage. But maybe ego death on psilocybin isn't possible except on high doses, I'm not entirely sure about that though. It obviously takes something more than just dosage to get there.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1688081 - 07/05/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

So, then, don't Qi Gongs use up primordial chi like mushroom users do?

Nope.. in the case of muscle tendon change very specific ways of relaxing bring the qi back to the belly which is its storage place.

I'd love an extra half-century of experience. But is that extra 50 years worth over a hundred, total, for a weak, drawn-out, dishwater existance occupied with constant hunger, physical weakness and lack of stamina, impotence, dulling of the senses, need for more sleep, inability to indulge even in moderation in the most primal of pleasures -- a good meal -- and lack of clarity of thought?

I don't advocate having a shitty life. That would be stupid. I'm pointing out that in mushrooms you may not be getting something for nothing. If not taking mushrooms to you means an empty existence of extreme boredom and crappiness well, I'm just glad I'm not in that position. But I'm not reccomending a monastic lifestyle.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies