Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: Dogomush]
    #1682465 - 07/03/03 01:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Magic mushrooms inhibt immorality.

they intimate immortality...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelsdod
Stranger
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1683070 - 07/03/03 07:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Worth noting as well that many culture's religions endorsed the use of magic mushrooms and other entheogens as part of the path to enlightenment etc. I think all religous/spiritual teachings have lot's to offer and also lot's of bullshit to filter out. I suppose it might just be a case of editing out all the parts the contradict your lifestyle, but i dont think so, cause i have many habits i know i should give up in the name of spiritual work.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: Middleman]
    #1683575 - 07/03/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Magic mushrooms inhibt immorality.

It appears to be not so. The ratio of hawks to doves on the Political Forum is about the same as the nonmushroom-taking populace.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: Swami]
    #1685180 - 07/03/03 10:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hahah funny shit. I knew this was a controversial subject. Nobody wants to hear about this sorta shit on this forum. Well let's clear some things up. I'd just like to remind everybody that you don't have to believe anything ever, so please don't be scared, I'm not waving around a sharp bible on a wooden stick.

Lateralus:

Ive read a bit about this stuff and I quickly came to the conclusion that its bunk crap. Thats religious Dogma youre talking about, its a seperatist point of view that is made for believers of it to seperate themselves from the masses by (unfourtunately) denying themselves pleasureful things in life to find inner peace.

Hehe I like how you've read a "bit" and "quickly" came to the conclusion that it's bunk crap. Good effort.

It's not at all religious dogma. It's not religious. You are a confused little man. This is a health issue. Through the western paradigm mushrooms are totally fine health-wise. According to TCM (traditional chinese medicine) magic mushrooms burn up the primordial qi of the body. How much? I don't know that you could quantify it. Is it a signifigant amount for the average drinking/smoking/driving/TV watching fast-food eater? Probably not. TCM and Daoism are separate. Daoists are health-obsessed (well, not "obsessed" exactly because an obsession would be unhealthy) and that's why they come into the equation. Let's also not forget that there are many schools of Daoism based on the ingestion of powerful herbs, drugs, and sex. The Seven Bamboo Tablets of the Cloudy Satchel, a Daoist book containing 360 methods for gaining enlightenment cover everything. So don't go around calling Daoism dogmatic. By definition dogmatic daoism can't be daoism. Daoists aren't even dogmatically anti-dogmatic.

I suggest you make use of your mental faculties next time you respond to a post.

C_mathematics:

OK first everything in Nature has sex!!!

What about Daoist ascetics? Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with having sex. It's more about management. Because of the nature of our calculating, logical minds we get a little fucked up. I don't know about the animals where you live but the animals where I live have sex only a few times a year (don't ask me how I know this). They shag in the springtime and are celibate the rest of the year. Animals don't fuck out of boredom or silly things like "love" or because of some psychological shit inherited from the days you sucked on your momma's teet. So while we're doing everything to imitate nature, shouldn't we also eat our own shit? Dogs do it...

Second, mushrooms, marijuana, peyote (natural substances especially) *pull in* new energy into your body, revitilizing it and purifying it. Of course, you pull in so much energy with mushrooms that the next day your physical body often needs a moment to integrate it all.

Exactly what I'm talking about! You feel revitalized, purified, full of massive amounts of energy! Except you say you pull this in, but I say that this energy is your primordial qi being brought out and used to give you the trip. Think about the action of mushrooms on your brain.. you don't absorb any nutrients or any energy... the psilocin goes into your brain and bonds to your receptors and makes them fire like crazy, again and again and again. The thing that makes you trip is your own brain going off, not the drugs. Therefore the energy comes from you, from your own brain.

LSDOD:

Worth noting as well that many culture's religions endorsed the use of magic mushrooms and other entheogens as part of the path to enlightenment etc.

What religions use magic mushrooms and other entheogens as part of the path to enlightenment.? I've actually never heard of one. Fill me in, cause I know these drugs are used for practical everyday things like getting in touch with spirits to know what's up, travelling outside the body, healing self and others, but I've never heard a culture using them to gain enlightenment in the Buddhist/Taoist sense of the word.

Rhizoid:

Are you just making this up, or is there some actual evidence that supports the claims you make in your posting?

I've been told this by a friend who's a martial artist and a doctor of TCM. I have an automatic skeptical reaction to anybody claiming adverse reactions from drugs, even ones I don't do, just because there's so much misinformation out there and people are quick to label psychedelics as dangerous. The theory was explained to me not in a context of "don't do drugs!" but as a way to explain to me the concept of primordial qi. I've been very impressed lately with the approach of TCM, and I've come to accept it as a paradigm equally valid as western medicine though very different. Through training martial arts I've found talking in terms of qi, meridians, and the five elements is much more productive than using western terms (tendons, muscles, nerves, etc.)

The system of understanding I use to train martial arts and develop a deeper understanding of what's going on in my body states that magic mushrooms use up primordial qi. Though the thought that my beloved mushrooms might be a little unhealthy makes me wince, I think I owe it to myself to investigate further, and posting here is part of that investigation.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider [Re: Dogomush]
    #1685884 - 07/04/03 06:02 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not aging faster. I just want to die sooner everytime i trip.

I wonder how you got this information. Because it sounds like a warning on a sigaret box. "SMOKERS DIE EARLIER".. (Wonder which of the bright smoking warning signs highminds came up with that assumption.)

Its not true.  :shake: 

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#1686437 - 07/04/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sometimes you have to turn up the pressure to see the leaks.

--------------------
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I have done it before and it never has an effect on the true believer so what is the point?

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: Swami]
    #1686451 - 07/04/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Saying being a hawk or dove is moral or immoral is a personal bias.
Being a hawk or dove is a personal choice, that may be based on the morals of the individual.

--------------------
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I have done it before and it never has an effect on the true believer so what is the point?

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: falcon]
    #1686486 - 07/04/03 01:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I wonder how you got this information. Because it sounds like a warning on a sigaret box.

I explained how I got this information. Interesting how everybody reacts. We've all built up such severe defenses against anybody suggesting that magic mushrooms are unhealthy. I wonder if this forum is totally close-minded to the idea. Maybe we're trying to balance out the people who blindly declare drugs unhealthy and dangerous by blindly declaring they aren't.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1687592 - 07/05/03 07:09 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"Lots of Qi Gongs make use of this primordial qi. For example, muscle tendon change qi gong takes the primordial chi from the belly, spreads it to the extremities, builds connective tissue among the muscles and then returns it to the belly."

... So, then, don't Qi Gongs use up primordial chi like mushroom users do?

Life's about experiences.  Just make sure you don't spend hording life and not experiencing, or not getting the most trade of life per experience out of your experiences, either.

IMO, <i>anything</i> is bad for you, depending on the circumstances.  Is smoking one pack a day bad for you?  Sure.  But what about one pack a month?  One trip a week?  One trip every couple months?  Once a decade?  Getting into any kind of habit or routine where you aren't getting the most out of your experiences precisely because they are routine to you is not making an efficient use of your energies.  Me, I do them rarely enough that this is not a problem, and I think that any wasted energies are minimal.

There're people out there who'll tell me -- and with good research to back their claim -- that by quite literally starving myself, I could add between 20 and 50 years to my lifespan.  All I have to do is only eat about 750 or 1000 calories a day, I think it was...for the rest of my life.

I'd love an extra half-century of experience.  But is that extra 50 years worth over a hundred, total, for a weak, drawn-out, dishwater existance occupied with constant hunger, physical weakness and lack of stamina, impotence, dulling of the senses, need for more sleep, inability to indulge even in moderation in the most primal of pleasures -- a good meal -- and lack of clarity of thought?  I wouldn't even be able to take a simple, good shit, as I'd prolly have either chronic constipation and chronic diarrea. 

Weigh the risks and the benefits, the potential gain versus potential loss for each choice you make.  I take some risks because the loss-to-gain ratio is low.  I refuse some experiences because it is high.  You gotta set your gain right for yourself.  :smile:

...Man, I shouldn't stay up this late.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider [Re: Dogomush]
    #1687612 - 07/05/03 07:37 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Good, because I have experienced death on shrooms and it is nothing to be afraid of. To live forever is to be inhuman.

"Thou owest God a death"--Shakespeare

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consider [Re: silversoul7]
    #1687723 - 07/05/03 09:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

imo, Mushrooms (as well as other drugs) are poisons.

sometimes sacrificing our bodies can help put things in perspective, for there are much more life-consuming sicknesses all around us that infect the mind... as Shadow would call them "social narcotics".

but I think i might be getting a little off topic here...

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: Grav]
    #1687865 - 07/05/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The difference between a poison and medicine is often just a question of dosage. But maybe ego death on psilocybin isn't possible except on high doses, I'm not entirely sure about that though. It obviously takes something more than just dosage to get there.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Magic mushrooms inhibit immortality.. something to consi [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1688081 - 07/05/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

So, then, don't Qi Gongs use up primordial chi like mushroom users do?

Nope.. in the case of muscle tendon change very specific ways of relaxing bring the qi back to the belly which is its storage place.

I'd love an extra half-century of experience. But is that extra 50 years worth over a hundred, total, for a weak, drawn-out, dishwater existance occupied with constant hunger, physical weakness and lack of stamina, impotence, dulling of the senses, need for more sleep, inability to indulge even in moderation in the most primal of pleasures -- a good meal -- and lack of clarity of thought?

I don't advocate having a shitty life. That would be stupid. I'm pointing out that in mushrooms you may not be getting something for nothing. If not taking mushrooms to you means an empty existence of extreme boredom and crappiness well, I'm just glad I'm not in that position. But I'm not reccomending a monastic lifestyle.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate