Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Delayed Shroom Tip,WTF?
    #1416670 - 03/29/03 11:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Swim and his friend injested 3 dry grams of shrooms shortly before entering the MGM theme park at 9:20 am. Both Swim and his friend experienced a level 1 trip for until 12:00. The shrooms are known to be of weak potency, so we figured as much.

Then at 12:30 Swim started to trip *AGAIN*. This time he was tripping hard with visuals etc at a good level 3 which continued for 2 hours. (note: this is over 3 hours after he ate the shrooms!). Swim's friend said he simply felt tired and did not feel any further effects.

Swim ate the shrooms on an empty stomach, the last time he ate was at 7pm the previous night.

What the hell was going on? Anyone hear of a shroom trip being delayed for 3 hours?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Re: Delayed Shroom Tip,WTF? [Re: f8L]
    #1417493 - 03/30/03 12:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well I'm no expert but supposedly the stomach usually has to have a little bit of stuff in it before it really pumps out the ole gastric juices because you or your friend or whoever it was hadn't eaten for hours your stomach was probably on auto-shutdown lol and eating the shrooms reactivated and thats why it took so long to come on cos your stomach had to make juices...

I have heard of this shit happening with people who have taken gelcaps..

Loc: A Geographical oddity
Re: Delayed Shroom Tip,WTF? [Re: mesq]
    #5200776 - 01/20/06 12:26 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

i havent heard that about shrroms before, but i can relate with acid. i was at bonnaroo last year, at a few doses, didnt feel it, ate some more (different kind) still nothing, eventually i ate like 3 or 4 different kinds of L and about 6 hours after the first dose I went into oblivion. i was wigging pretty moderately 24 hours after the first dose

To derive one's happiness from only specific moments in time is to miss out on the cosmic accident that is all of life's moments

User Gallery

Re: Delayed Shroom Tip,WTF? [Re: cappincrunk]
    #5201430 - 01/20/06 03:44 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, me and a friend both had a similar experience just a couple of weeks ago.
Ate 3g each, kicked in about an hour afterwards, 1hr on the comeup, then it quickly went down.
So, after about 3 hrs he says: "WTF, I'm back, they must be weak or smth".
Half an hour later we were tripping our asses out for about 5 more hours.
We both had a snack just 3 hours before injesting, no empty stomach.
Shrooms were homegrown, known potency, never acted this strange before.
All in all it looks like common mushroom "waves" just that the interval between the first wave and the following ones kind of way prolonged.
No idea why :discodance:

Re: Delayed Shroom Tip,WTF? [Re: shneck]
    #5202319 - 01/20/06 12:41 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I have had one experience when a friend and i took an eigth each and sat around for two hours slightly tripping. This of course made us very upset. We thought we dosed too close to our last trip which was about 6 days earlier. So being kinda upset about the trip we decide to just go outside and have a bowl as the night is looking dim. Well about halfway through the bowl i was frozen to my chair on my porch in awe of the stars and the sky. I had suddenly with no noticeable come up just blasted into a level four trip. It was a pretty amazing night, and one of my most unique trips. Peace

User Gallery

Re: Delayed Shroom Tip,WTF? [Re: carl]
    #5202647 - 01/20/06 02:41 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

That happened to me last New Year's Eve. I took a couple grams and saw the Breakfast, and never felt more than a level 1. Drove back to a friend's house, smoked a bowl, and suddenly things were morphing, swimming, sparkling, I got to a high level 2 and it was about 6 or so hours after ingestion.

Re: Delayed Shroom Tip,WTF? [Re: Smozi]
    #5202683 - 01/20/06 02:52 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

If it delays, the best thing to do is wait an hour. If nothing then eat anything with fat in it. Best bet is a slice of toast with butter. It causes the gall bladder to flush and anything that was stuck before will not be anymore.

Same thing goes for Ayahuasca (that's how I know).

Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Re: Delayed Shroom Tip,WTF? [Re: Smozi]
    #5202684 - 01/20/06 02:52 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

On my most memorable trip I ate 15grams of fresh mexicana truffles and waited, after 2 hours I still felt nothing so I decided to eat about 20 grams of
EQ. Within 15 mins I was coming up fast, turned out to be the most intense trips I ever had. I still don't know why it took so long to kick in, I hadn't eaten all day. I think maybe the I had trouble digesting the truffles, strange though. :confused:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience