Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: gzuf] * 1
    #13962610 -

Quote:
gzuf said: If you are on public money why are you getting high on the public payroll? Shouldn't you be looking for work?



What if they got high after a long day of searching for work.  What if they want to get high to relieve some of the stress of not having work.  Do you support alcohol and tobacco testing?














--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: gzuf]
    #13962628 -

gzuf said:
And if not, so what? They know the risks.



Do you support arresting people (welfare and non-welfare) for marijuana?  After all, if they get caught, they knew the risks. 















--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Learyfan]
    #13963328 -

I said it before, and I'll say it again, the money to pay welfare doesn't come from taxpayers. It's not public money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Learyfan]
    #13963340 -

Learyfan said:
What if they got high after a long day of searching for work.




obviously they didnt want a job since many require drug tests


arent you in the HR department of a company that drug tests?

do you hire druggies that fail the UA?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Synesthetic]
    #13963343 -

Synesthetic said:
I said it before, and I'll say it again, the money to pay welfare doesn't come from taxpayers. It's not public money.




really, then where's it come from?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13963405 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Synesthetic said:
I said it before, and I'll say it again, the money to pay welfare doesn't come from taxpayers. It's not public money.




really, then where's it come from?



It's loaned from the Federal Reserve. Our taxes go to pay the interest on debt the government owes to the Fed, and still falls short of that. Even if every dollar in circulation were recalled and sent to the Fed, we'd still owe a shitload of money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Synesthetic]
    #13963415 -

it it's loaned and payed back with public funds meaning it's public funds paying for welfare

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13964085 -

Prisoner#1 said:
obviously they didnt want a job since many require drug tests


arent you in the HR department of a company that drug tests?

do you hire druggies that fail the UA?



All they have to do is use Quick Fix fake piss.  And I'm not in HR anymore, but when I was, I had no choice but to fail people if they failed a piss test.  If it were up to me, I'd pass anyone who tested positive for weed. 













--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Learyfan]
    #13964106 -

Learyfan said:
What if they got high after a long day of searching for work.  What if they want to get high to relieve some of the stress of not having work.  Do you support alcohol and tobacco testing?

Do you support arresting people (welfare and non-welfare) for marijuana?  After all, if they get caught, they knew the risks.




Alcohol and tobacco are legal, marijuana should be, too - I attended a NORML meeting not too many weeks ago myself. The law is the law, though. It is illegal and if a cop arrests me he has the "right" to in the letter of the law. It wont be this way too many years longer, I hope. Lots of wasted money, a lot of hurt people.

But I'm being objective, I'm looking at it from the law's perspective. The same justice system that says I can be tested at MY job. If I am tested at my job and can be fired for having marijuana in my system (not my current job, thankfully) than why the fuck are people on welfare - PUBLIC money - getting high on my dime? If you have to go to the point where you need public assistance to survive you should be doing everything in your power to get off of public assistance. Perhaps my wording wasn't the best but is it too much to ask for people on welfare to stop doing drugs while they are on welfare?

If I had it my way we wouldn't even mention weed in this debate because weed is essentially ibuprofen in my view and shouldn't be grouped in with a lot of other illegal drugs, like it unfortunately is a lot of the time.


--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶


Edited by gzuf (02/14/11 11:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: gzuf]
    #13964182 -

gzuf said:
But I'm being objective, I'm looking at it from the law's perspective.



So it's cool if they're getting drunk and smoking cigarettes on your dime, huh.  And the only reason you care if they get high on pot is that it's illegal? 

:what:













--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Learyfan]
    #13964217 -

Learyfan said:
So it's cool if they're getting drunk and smoking cigarettes on your dime, huh.  And the only reason you care if they get high on pot is that it's illegal? 



You're just taking a sentence out of 3 paragraphs, but okay.

No, you shouldn't just get drunk and smoke cigarettes on the public's dime. If you do that you should get dropped because you're not doing all you can to find a job, get some money, get off the public's back.

I don't understand what is wrong with making people follow the law if they are going to suckle off the giant teet that is the law. Again, I've been drug tested at numerous jobs as a stipulation of my employment contract. Why can't it be the same for the welfare system, where of all places you very damn should be trying to better yourself if you're there.

Or just pop out a few more kids.


--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Learyfan]
    #13964232 -

Learyfan said:
Prisoner#1 said:
obviously they didnt want a job since many require drug tests


arent you in the HR department of a company that drug tests?

do you hire druggies that fail the UA?



All they have to do is use Quick Fix fake piss.  And I'm not in HR anymore, but when I was, I had no choice but to fail people if they failed a piss test. 



so basically it's the unemployed should spend money on drugs, spend more
money on fake piss so they can pass for a job they may get

like I said, they obviously dont really want the job

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13964302 -

most people that are down are raging alcohol and pill poppers

so fuck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13964573 -

gzuf said:Again, I've been drug tested at numerous jobs as a stipulation of my employment contract. Why can't it be the same for the welfare system, where of all places you very damn should be trying to better yourself if you're there.




I didn't mean to ignore most of your posts, but I'm just commenting on the part that I thought required a response.  You're saying that if you get tested, everyone should be tested.  But that's like getting busted by the cops for drugs and then turning the rest of your friends in, who had gotten away.  Because since you went to jail, everyone else who did it should go to jail too.  I know that's an extreme analogy, but still. 









Quote:
Prisoner#1 said:
so basically it's the unemployed should spend money on drugs, spend more
money on fake piss so they can pass for a job they may get

like I said, they obviously dont really want the job



I'm not saying they should spend their money on drugs.  But if they do, I don't see it as that big a deal.  And I don't think buying and using fake piss means that they don't want the job.  They probably want the job, but also enjoy marijuana, which is one of life's finer pleasures. 















--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Learyfan]
    #13964667 -

Learyfan said:
I didn't mean to ignore most of your posts, but I'm just commenting on the part that I thought required a response.  You're saying that if you get tested, everyone should be tested.  But that's like getting busted by the cops for drugs and then turning the rest of your friends in, who had gotten away.  Because since you went to jail, everyone else who did it should go to jail too.  I know that's an extreme analogy, but still. 



I respectfully disagree :wink:

But I understand your position. The justice system is fucked, it's sad that drug users and abusers are thrown behind bars to the gangs and violence rather than given the rehabilitation most of them need. Drug addiction is a psychological dependence problem that isn't solved by being put in the same cage as a violent rapist or child molester. "Broken" is a good word to describe it. The jails keep getting bigger and we keep paying for the newer, bigger jails like a never ending monster that feeds on itself.

Much like welfare - to me, I feel like too many people do too little and get too much, to sum it up in a sentence, and the working public - which we can all agree has enough on it's plate - is left out to dry.

I could blink and all the world's problems are solved, but I doubt it.


--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: gzuf]
    #13964739 -

I see your point of view.  But if it's all about not letting welfare people misuse our tax money, I think your frustration should be redirected.  The money that may or may not be wasted by people on welfare or unemployment is a drop in the bucket compared to the trillions that the defense department "loses".  I would rank that as #1 on your list of tax money misuse.  They have the people fighting against each other over this issue while they run off with the REAL money. 













--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Learyfan]
    #13965909 -

Learyfan said:
Prisoner#1 said:
so basically it's the unemployed should spend money on drugs, spend more
money on fake piss so they can pass for a job they may get

like I said, they obviously dont really want the job



I'm not saying they should spend their money on drugs.  But if they do, I
don't see it as that big a deal.  And I don't think buying and using fake
piss means that they don't want the job.  They probably want the job, but
also enjoy marijuana, which is one of life's finer pleasures.



how many time have you seen the 'just smoked up, getting drug test
tomorrow, need help fast' threads over probation or employment, do these
people strike you as the type that want to keep their butts out of jail or
in a job when they cant forgo that one pleasure for a couple of days

are you saying they should spend the government aid on drugs instead of
food, rent or bills, then we can have the threads about how they cant pay
their rent because they had to have a sack of dank, surely the parent
receiving government aid and using it to support their drug habit isnt
serving in the best interest of their children. now of the drugs were
simply limited to marijuana then the issue wouldnt be so serious but it's
not, heroin, cocaine and alcohol seems to be the drug of choice for these
abusers

http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/2k11/300/300PubAssist2k11.htm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Learyfan]
    #13965920 -

Learyfan said:
I see your point of view.  But if it's all about not letting welfare people misuse our tax money, I think your frustration should be redirected.  The money that may or may not be wasted by people on welfare or unemployment is a drop in the bucket compared to the trillions that the defense department "loses".  I would rank that as #1 on your list of tax money misuse.  They have the people fighting against each other over this issue while they run off with the REAL money. 



lol... so many bring up this argument of defense spending being so much
greater than social services spending, not one seems to ave a clue that
military spending is less than 20% of the budget while social services and
social security comprise almost 50% of the budget, social services alone
constitutes an expenditure of over $100bn more than defense spending

stop with the kneejerk anti war crap and do the research

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13967779 -

i jus looked at it today defense is 100 billion more

docters charge a shit ton of money as well anyway

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Welfare drug testing. [Re: Konyap]
    #13967802 -

No it isn't.  And if you don't like what doctors charge don't use them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Drug Test Your Teen Dot Com carbonhoots 5,699 12 01/02/04 04:16 AM
by Anno
* Failed my drug test!!!!!! djd586 4,568 9 05/16/04 11:47 AM
by ToTheSummit
* Drug Testing.... DxShroomFactor 3,129 11 11/01/03 05:55 PM
by synthesis
* Drug Tests Circlesongs 1,506 2 04/19/04 09:45 PM
by Mykey
* Stuck in a rut with drug testing :\ please help andySENSE311 2,590 13 06/05/04 11:59 PM
by ink
* Are you willing to submit to a drug test? *DELETED* oneducktwoducks 6,819 12 05/25/04 08:18 PM
by phi1618
* tuesday night drug test
( 1 2 all )
daveball0420 3,244 21 05/13/04 12:37 PM
by Seuss
* Dreams and drug tests. tak 2,181 9 10/31/03 08:58 PM
by tak

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
8,435 topic views. 2 members, 195 guests and 112 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.