Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13645424 -

dying before I've accomplished all I want to do in this life

spiders

contagious plagues

the triumph of evil over the good


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: deCypher]
    #13645439 -

This sounds ridiculous and absurdly macho, but I don't actually seem to be afraid of death. I used to be, but I'm not anymore. It seems exciting, honestly.

I really shouldn't say that, but a couple weeks ago I was in an accident where I got juggled around by several cars flying through the air and remained totally conscious for the entire experience. As I danced an airborne waltz with chunks flying off of the cars involved, my thought was not "OH SHIT I'M GONNA DIE," it was "OH SHIT THIS COULD MAKE ME REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE IN THE LONG RUN."

I got really lucky, I was totally fine, and my head-laceration has healed up into a relief-vagina on my scalp.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13645445 -

Fear of death is not really a natural thing when you think about it, you dont sound macho at all, Its something thats is inevitable why be afraid of it and cause that extra strain on your mind?

I heard of weirder thoughts in near death situations the weirdest was this guy got stabbed over something and his thoughts weren't "oh shit I got stabbed im gonna die" it was "how the hell am I going to get this blood out of this shirt its ruined".


--------------------
War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it.-George Orwell-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13645447 -

If you can't avoid death, then I think it becomes easy to accept.  But if you still have even the most remote chance to avoid it then fear will strike deadly, IMO.  I've had similar near death experiences and I agree with you on the whole "totally fine" attitude, but if there's even the smallest probability that if by doing something I can avoid death then shit goes into high gear.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: deCypher]
    #13645450 -

Luckily for me I'm immortal.


--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: Frost]
    #13645453 -

I'm mortal?


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: deCypher]
    #13645458 -

My martial-arts instincts kicked into high gear during that accident. I didn't do it consciously but I actually managed to deflect all damage done by the crash to my extremities and the top of my skull. It was really some Matrix shit in retrospect.

I didn't really think that martial arts lessons I took years ago factored into this event at all, until my dad pointed out that might be the case, and I realized he was right.

I agree though, Enigma. Death is an illusion and nothing to be afraid of. Fear of death is a collective mental illness IMO.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: deCypher]
    #13645460 -

obama the black dog



edit bc i fear scorpions more.  cant stop thinking of them once theyre mentioned.

also the idea for chewing on a razor blade is up there


--------------------
★★★ ★

Edited by the human abstract (12/17/10 01:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: the human abstract]
    #13645576 -

Ever seen cities of the underworld? If i went into some of the places he went I would prob lose it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: Nova]
    #13645588 -

Public speaking for sure.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #13645598 -



i can handle a spore syringe just fine, but put me in a room with a doctor who has a needle and a reason to stick me with it, and ill flip the fuck out.

its nuts because when im not near needles i know the fear is completely irrational, it doesnt hurt, and im getting an injection or blood taken for something beneficial. but as soon as i am faced with actually getting an injection/blood taken i nearly pass out.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: Patlal]
    #23498803 -

Being locked in a room with killer bees, or being locked in a box with poisonous insects (like they did to that guy in Hook, Featuring Robin Williams as Peter Pan).

That and being stuck in a trash truck as it's closing and crunching all the trash together :sad:


--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: Patlal]
    #23498854 -

Snakes, doesn't matter what kind or how big, fuck those things

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #23498856 -

Do you hate the movie Anaconda?


--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: shadyy]
    #23498867 -

Eh....it's an okay movie. I don't mind snakes on TV or pictures of them and as long as they're not close to me, but in person it could be a 6 inch baby black/green snake and there's a good chance I'd still run away if it's within 10 feet of me, can't even describe the feeling that shoots through me when I see one in person.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: shadyy]
    #23498868 -

The only real irrational fear I have is of stinkbugs specifically. When they first invaded the US they were everywhere where I lived and something about them just completely skeeves me out. I'm mostly over it, but I used to get nightmares about them constantly, couldn't stand even being in the same room with them. It was ridiculous.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #23498871 -

Being alone and dying alone. Also I don't do well locked up in confined spaces.....


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: shadyy]
    #23498904 -

Id say being trapped in an enclosed space and not able to move your limbs at all. Like buried alive or maybe getting trapped in a crawlspace in a cave while spelunking


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: Patlal]
    #23498962 -

Buried alive with the love of my life.
Drowning with the love of my life.
Burned to death along with the love of my life.
Becoming an old crazy person who can't remember the love of their life.
Being doomed to repeat eternity losing the love of my life.
Being stuck in a rolled up rug next to the love of my life. :lol:
Living all eternity searching for, but never finding the love of my life.

Edited by thirtygoats (08/01/16 04:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is your phobia. Your worst fear? [Re: thirtygoats]
    #23498974 -

lol wth


--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Greatest Fear?
( 1 2 all )
dawn of a new day 4,014 31 08/18/03 02:17 PM
by Strumpling
* What is the worst way to die in your opinion?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
RandalFlagg 5,398 76 06/09/05 12:36 PM
by Zenith
* List your FEAR
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 4,352 56 03/20/04 08:33 AM
by r2_
* How to overcome a phobia?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 3,002 30 12/02/04 11:27 PM
by Divided_Sky
* List your odd Phobia's
( 1 2 3 all )
Phychotron 3,391 59 05/09/05 03:09 AM
by Deadmaker
* Pill may help people overcome fears LearyfanS 1,164 10 11/11/03 06:56 PM
by RunDMT
* Phobias
( 1 2 all )
Fade_To_Black 1,924 33 11/09/04 12:32 AM
by Le_Canard
* my scorpion had babies!! (*UPDATE*)
( 1 2 all )
dr0mni 4,944 27 11/14/05 11:17 AM
by irascible_raunch

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,764 topic views. 8 members, 37 guests and 216 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.