Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Bizarre reaction to garnet crystal
    #1343970 - 02/28/03 08:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I bought a necklace of garnets the other week. I wrapped it around my wrist a couple of times and wore it home, and then I got this pain in my wrist and the pain extended up my arm, and the pain went away when I took it off. Then whenever I put it on after that it didn't feel right. So i took it back to the shop and got peridot instead. The woman at the shop said the energy was too strong for me. Anyone experienced something similar?

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Bizarre reaction to garnet crystal [Re: enotake2]
    #1345329 - 03/01/03 04:07 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

not personaly, but a friend of mine got some kind of crystal (not sure what the hell it was) he wore it as a neckless, and was convinced that it had a lot of energy in it...to much for him to handle, so he stoped wearing it...

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1345740 - 03/01/03 07:11 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I suggest you read this site:

http://www.crystalinks.com/crystals.html

--------------------

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Re: Bizarre reaction to garnet crystal [Re: Shroomism]
    #1345821 - 03/01/03 08:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks that is a cool website. It says crystals balance or amplify energy fields. So maybe it amplified my energy field. Though the feeling I got from it was negative. I felt as though it was strangling me (always thought the energy of crystals was pretty subtle till now). Or maybe this strand had picked up some negative energy in its travels. I definately felt more harmony with the peridot.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1347400 - 03/02/03 04:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

This is nonsense. Would you care to take a Swami Challenge for $$$? I would bet the usual BIG BUCKS that you could not tell the difference betwen garnet and any other crystal just by wearing it.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Re: Bizarre reaction to garnet crystal [Re: Swami]
    #1347571 - 03/02/03 06:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You don't have to believe me.

Would you care to take a Swami Challenge for $$$?

Sorry, I can't do reiki.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1348269 - 03/03/03 05:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Similar to Q-Ray claims...

Lots of people experience significant loss of pain or other wonderful effects when they put them on, and will swear up and down that it's a miracle product.

But...

They did double blind studies with the Q-Ray bracelets, and a placebo bracelet, and guess what? They both had the same results.

Are the crystals really doing this for you, or have you simply convinced yourself that they have?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1348270 - 03/03/03 05:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"It says crystals balance or amplify energy fields."

Here's a question: It says this, but where did they figure this out? Is it based on actual studies? What energy fields? Can these energy fields be detected with any technology that we have? If not, how do we know they exist as anything more than a figment of someone's imagination?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Re: Bizarre reaction to garnet crystal [Re: Phluck]
    #1348311 - 03/03/03 05:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If it works, whether it be placebo or not, who cares?! It works! That's the important part.. why shoot down a placebo cure when it's proven to work when in doing so you are preventing the cure?

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Bizarre reaction to garnet crystal [Re: nubious]
    #1348355 - 03/03/03 05:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Because it's a fraud. The placebo cures generally aren't actually curing the people, they're just making them feel better. Often, they cause people to avoid seeking genuine medical help, and the actual condition is worsened.

If someone is selling sugar pills for $50 a pop, and claiming they're a miracle cure, then they are comitting fraud.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Bizarre reaction to garnet crystal [Re: Phluck]
    #1348475 - 03/03/03 04:38 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Whether or not we have the technology to measure our energy fields, they do exist, and they react and respond to just about everything.. the energy fields of other people, nature, animals, crystals.. I don't see anyone claiming supernatural powers by wearing a crystal, only that it's energy merges with the wearer's and can result in different effects.. the same way we can be calmed by a pet or excited by a sight of nature or effected by the presence of others. Everything in nature has an effect on us.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1348496 - 03/03/03 04:52 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Whether or not we have the technology to measure our energy fields, they do exist..

So that can't be measured by machines, no one will put up any money in the Swami Crystal Challenge (i.e. no human has any faith in their ability to sense their "energy"), but you have DECLARED THAT THEY DO EXIST. Well that is certainly good enough for me - NOT!

WORDS ARE NOTHING! Demonstration is everything. I know this is hard for a dreamer to grasp.

--------------------

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#1348505 - 03/03/03 04:56 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, the strangling sensation felt pretty real to me.

--------------------

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1348647 - 03/03/03 06:35 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Everyone seems to be overlooking the most obvious possibility...

That it could have been some kind of alergic reaction.

--------------------
This space for rent

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: Bizarre reaction to garnet crystal [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1348672 - 03/03/03 06:45 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

To a rock? I don't think that's possible. Maybe metals and food products. Maybe the garnet was dragged through clam juice before you put it on. And you're really allergic to clams...

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Bizarre reaction to garnet crystal [Re: bert]
    #1349015 - 03/03/03 11:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Rocks are made of metal compounds. Chromium compounds are particularly nasty.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
    #1349309 - 03/04/03 08:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Here's some more nothing for ya:

Excerpt from The Holographic Universe: "Over the past twenty years Valerie Hunt, a physical therapist and professor of kinesiology at UCLA, has developed a way to confirm experimentally the existence of the human energy field. Medical science has long known that humans are electromagnetic beings. Doctors routinely use electrocardiographs to make electrocardiograms (EKGs) or records, of the electrical activity of the heart, and the brain's electrical activity. Hunt has discovered that an electromyograph, a device used to measure the electrical activity in the muscles, can also pick up the electrical presence of the human energy field.

The normal frequency range of the electrical activity in the brain is between 0 and 100 cycles per second (cps), with most of the activity occuring between 0 and 30 cps. Muscle frequency goes up to about 225cps, and the heart goes up to about 250 cps, but this is where electrical activity associated with biological function drops off. In addition to these, Hunt discovered that the electrodes of the electromyograph could pick up another field of energy radiating from the body, much subtler and smaller in amplitude than the traditionally recognized body electricities but with frequencies that averaged between 100 and 1600 cps, and which sometimes went even higher. Moreover, strongest in the areas of the body associated with the chakras. ...

Hunt also discovered that when an aura reader saw a particular color in a person's energy field, the electromyohtaph always picked up that color. She was able to see this pattern on a oscilloscope, a device that converts electrical waves into a visual pattern on a monochromatic video display screen. For example, when an aura reader saw blue in a person's energy field, Hunt could confirm that it was blue by looking at the pattern on the oscilloscope. In one experiment she even tested eight aura readers simultaneously to see if they would agree with the oscilloscope as with each other. "It was the same right down the line," says Hunt.

Once Hunt confirmed that existence of the human energy field, she, too, became convinced that the holographic idea offers one model for understanding it. In addition to its frequency aspects, she points out that the energy field, and indeed all of the body's electrical systems, is holographic in one way or another. Like the information in a hologram, these systems are distributed globally throughout the body. For instance, the electrical activity measured by an electroencephalograph is strongest in the brain, but an EEG reading can also be made by attaching an electrode to the toe. Simarly, an EKG can be picked up in the little finger. It's stronger and higher in amplitude in the heart, but its frequency and pattern are the same everywhere in the body. Hunt believes this is significant. Although every portion of what she calls the "holographic field reality" of the aura contains aspects of the whole energy field, different portions are not absolutely identical to each other. These differing amplitudes keep the energy field from being a static hologram, and instead allow it to be dynamic and flowing, says Hunt.

One of hunt's most startling findings is that certain talents and abilities seem to be related to the presence of specific frequencies in a person's energy field. She has found that when the main focus of a person's consciousness is on the material world, the frequencies of their energy field tend to be in the lower range and are not too far removed from the 250 cps of the body's biological frequencies. In addition to these, people who are psychic or have healing abilities also have frequencies of roughly 400 to 800 cps in their field. People who can go into trance and apparently channel other information sources through them, skip these "psychic" frequencies entirely and operate in a narrow band between 800 and 900 cps. "The don't have any psychic breadth at all," states Hunt. "They're up there in there own field. It's narrow. It's pinpointed, and they literally are almost out of it."

I'm not typing anymore. read the book

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: Bizarre reaction to garnet crystal [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1349368 - 03/04/03 08:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That's really interesting. Thumbs up to Hunt.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Bizarre reaction to garnet crystal [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1350328 - 03/04/03 02:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I don't want to read the book. Get this: I am TIRED OF WORDS. Who will put their belief on the line by betting money and taking the Swami Crystal Challenge?

The answer as ALWAYS is no one. I will trade one willing participant for a thousand references, a hundred books and a dozen websites.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder