Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: The Taste of Electricity [Re: ]
    #480841 - 12/05/01 02:52 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

O3 would be heavier than O, so perhaps you are just 1/3 as heavy in ozone as in oxygene? No, I know that's not true...

Iv'e felt electrical fields myself (not tasted), and it energized me, so I think there's something true about this tale.

And I believe in tales about samurais in ancient japan jumping 7 meters up in the air from a standing start, so why not you too?

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: The Taste of Electricity [Re: Timeleech]
    #480862 - 12/05/01 03:09 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Read my first post on this thread. I totally believe in the experience, I am only trying to push Swami's buttons.

OfflineTao_Shin_Li
Re: The Taste of Electricity [Re: Zeus]
    #480880 - 12/05/01 03:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I feel it too when a storm comes, like the electricty flowing inside me and all around can be hard to describe in words but your story makes sense

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #481407 - 12/05/01 10:18 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

And I believe in tales about samurais in ancient japan jumping 7 meters up in the air from a standing start, so why not you too?

Why are miracles and special powers limited to ancient times? Because of exaggerated storytelling through the centuries. If anyone could jump 7 meters we would see them in the Olympics or the NBA

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Taste of Electricity [Re: disseminated5]
    #481418 - 12/05/01 10:25 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Before this happened, I was never aware of any electrical contact at all, but now, in my home, at the office, I'm shocked every time I turn on a light switch.

Here you use the word "every" which implies complete repeatability. If you truly had this sense and it is not self-deception, it would be very easy to test for and could net you Randi's $10,000,000. However, I tend to believe it is some sort of fear association.

--------------------

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Re: The Taste of Electricity [Re: Swami]
    #481479 - 12/05/01 11:26 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Valid point, swami, and I tend to agree, it is surely valid for most tales. Butt the methods contestants in the olympics use aren't as powerfull as the extreme focus of mind exhibited by the samurais. Look at shao-lin monks (very real people existing now), in my opinion they have superior body control to those wo attend the olympics. Although I am biased, as I never watch any sport...
I just believe in the power of the mind. (yeah, I know it's not a very convincing post, but don't let's suffocate this thread with dispute :peace:

--------------------
--
theophagy.org

InvisibleZeus
addict

#481497 - 12/05/01 11:54 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

actually i am a borderline leo, born on the 22nd of august.

--------------------
" I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am. "

"Experience is the meaning to life" -me

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#481562 - 12/06/01 01:01 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Butt the methods contestants in the olympics use aren't as powerfull as the extreme focus of mind exhibited by the samurais.
And how are you measuring focus? A gymnast is not a swordsman nor vice versa? These are very different disciplines.

Look at shao-lin monks (very real people existing now), in my opinion they have superior body control to those wo attend the olympics.
Again, I ask you in what way? A shaolin monk ( I am a student of shaolin kung fu - albeit a rank beginner) may have superb fighting skills and the ability to regulate body temperature and breathing, but they cannot run a 4 minute mile nor clean & jerk 500 pounds. I see supreme focus in both endeavors, but no superiority.

BTW - this asking for clarification of your point is not an argument, but a discussion.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#481574 - 12/06/01 01:11 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

How do you explain the running and even flying at extremely high speeds? Imagination? I think not

From any anecdote, how can one draw conclusions or offer explanantions? I have no way to verifiy if this is a tall tale or a real event. Without evidence, I tend to apply occam's razor. It is a more plausible explanation that you are fabricating this story than the claim that you can fly while the rest of us are bound by gravity.

I would tend to believe that one could leap a great distance while being severely shocked as high voltage may cause tremendous reflexive muscular contraction, but only for the moment while stimulated and would be likely to cause serious damage. This does not sound like anything that you are describing.

--------------------

OfflineTimeleech
addict
    #481646 - 12/06/01 03:49 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Umm, I was tired as I wrote that post, and hadn't slept the whole night, eh, i don't get away witht hat one, do I? ach, I though so...

And how are you measuring focus? A gymnast is not a swordsman nor vice versa? These are very different disciplines.
I was thinking about their control of the body. I realised that professional athletes do indeed need high control over their body, and that my points were quite invalid, but I didn't care. But

Again, I ask you in what way? A shaolin monk ( I am a student of shaolin kung fu - albeit a rank beginner) may have superb fighting skills and the ability to regulate body temperature and breathing, but they cannot run a 4 minute mile nor clean & jerk 500 pounds. I see supreme focus in both endeavors, but no superiority.
True, and keeping (loosely) in topic with this thread (and my initial statement that you reacted to ), I think they would have a better chance of being able to jump that far up in the air. Without a pole. It seems unlikely to me that this particular feat would be possible by training ones body only. There would be need for more training of the mind in order to accomplish that. Therein lies their superiority. Merely in their allround control of their body. Their focus is more versatile, I imagine.

The thing I initially had in mind, I think, was that the human mind and body are able to do accomplish, by our standards, enormous acrobatical feats. One (rather mundane, and not exactly enourmous, but personal) example: In the army we were running, and had to complete the course in 15 minutes, the last 200-300 meters, when I was so exhausted I just wanted to drop dead, an officer came up besides me and started yelling and telling me I could do it, psyching me up. I thought what the hell and ran away almost faster than I had the whole previous time.
Many of our limits are only percieved, and falsely so, limits.

Other than that I made my claim purely based on that the closest thing to the samurai today are the shaolin regarding "super"human feats. (I may be entirely wrong, in which case I would very much like to be informed of it)

--------------------
--
theophagy.org

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#481810 - 12/06/01 10:14 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

One (rather mundane, and not exactly enourmous, but personal) example: In the army we were running, and had to complete the course in 15 minutes, the last 200-300 meters, when I was so exhausted I just wanted to drop dead, an officer came up besides me and started yelling and telling me I could do it, psyching me up. I thought what the hell and ran away almost faster than I had the whole previous time. Many of our limits are only percieved, and falsely so, limits.

Had a similar experience when a ran a marathon without training because I was visiting my dad and brother and they are avid runners. I am weight-lifter and have a short heavy body not at all built for distance: 5'8" 185lbs. I decided to try to finish 16 miles at 9 minutes per mile. I made it pretty much on schedule. The course finish line was the same as the 16 mile cutoff; so as I was coming down the last half mile the crowds were lined up 5 deep. Lo and behold I just happened to coming in with the top runners who had lapped me by 10 miles. The crowd was unaware of that and I could care less as my accomplishment was a personal victory (I had never run more than 4 miles before!) AS I was dragging my sorry ass in, the crowd got excited and warned me that the number 5 runner was gaining on me. So what? I got pulled into the moment and actuall RACED this guy who was running about a 4:50 per mile pace and beat him to the finish! Was the most amazing thing I ever did physically. However, when I crossed the finish line I collapsed into the fetal position and cried and shivered involuntarily. I could not move for hours as I did serious short-term damage.

My point is: yes we have untapped reserves, however it might not be just a mental block, but a protection from overextending ourselves. I have seen rabbits die from trying to outrun a hound.

--------------------

OfflineTimeleech
addict
    #482491 - 12/06/01 09:42 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Your points are valid, and I agree with you. I must also confess I base this on nothing more than belief.

But I have a story for you that I just remembered. On several occasions my father has told me about a strange "power" of ability my grandfather posessed (he passed away before my birth). He owned an inn in Germany before and throughout the war, and sometimes, when there were many people there he would wager a bet he would always win. The bet was that if he would lay down on the floor, they would not be able to lift him from the ground. They were of course more than one man cooperating. I believe the most who tried were seven men, and they could not lift him from the floor at all.

How could this be an untapped reserve? And there were no tricks involved. I do not know if he could do it  time after time, or if it exhausted him, but it is my impression that he did not do this very often. Ah, the tales, everybody should talk to their parents/grandparents more...

BTW: My father's "superpower" is that he can have anybody dance(!), or just stand, on his stomach, at least when he was younger. (A giirlfriend of my brother almost broke his ribs as she didn't take of her high-heeled shoes...)
I am eagerly waiting to discover my superpower. I suspect it has something to do with extreme selective memory or a marathon-worthy wandering mind :smile:

--------------------
--
theophagy.org

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order