Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
crystals..
    #1737988 - 07/22/03 01:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So the other day I was down by the waterfall, and this American guy in his late teens, maybe twenty or so, was sitting there in the sun with a padded briefcase open displaying a whole bunch of crystals. He had come up to BC for the summer to WOOF, and when I asked him about his crystals he said he was letting them get some sun. I sat down and started talking to him about them, and he explained that they were crystals left by a group of humans (I can't remember the name.. lamarians?) who had ascended. They program information into the crystals. The striations on the crystals were like bar codes, and the reason these crystals were being found is because the messages programmed into the crystals were needed by humanity these days. Some of his were found in Brazil, and others were more recently found in Russia. They were buried by the ascended people, and they were found in these special spots they put them, rather than in natural crystal veins.

I thought it was some pretty fucked up shit, the guy certainly couldn't prove where these crystals were found and took the information on faith from the people who sold the crystals to him. But what's up with crystals? I've never been too interested in them, and I find it interesting that people are so stoked on crystal powers. They're always in new age mythology, but not really (as far as I know) in mythology from ancient civilizations.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: crystals.. [Re: Dogomush]
    #1738020 - 07/22/03 01:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

crystals are fun, if you are receptive to them.

"the guy certainly couldn't prove where these crystals were found and took the information on faith from the people who sold the crystals to him."

well, there will never be any prove of anything other than the perceptions of the individual.  maybe he asked the crystals where they were from and they told him :smile:

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: crystals.. [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1738538 - 07/22/03 04:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

or...maybe some russian gangster sold them to him for a high price and made up some silly story because he targets naive hippies.

or maybe it was the ascendants.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
Re: crystals.. [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1738550 - 07/22/03 04:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

That's some pretty wild stuff there.

Anonymous

#1738684 - 07/22/03 05:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Here are some interesting tidbits. Crystals played a a big part in everyday Atlantis. They were used by Atlanteans for many many purposes similar to how we use electricity. Atlantis was not just an island in the Atlantic ocean, but an entire civilization that covered much of the globe. It had roughly the same population as our own (around 6 billion) when it disappeared due to global cataclysms roughly 75,000 years ago. Crytals are typically charged by sunlight (though I'm not sure why this is?). Different crystal types have different properties, though quartz is considered the most powerful and versatile. Also relevant is the cut of the crystal, since the angles of any object define how electromagnetic energy is absorbed and transmitted through it. Ninety-degree angles, which make up much of our everyday architecture, is the most restrictive angle for energy flow. This is all I can remember off the top of my head. Of course the skeptics can ignore this BS post if they wish, but for those interested crystals are defnitely an interesting field to study. Our scientists just haven't yet realized how crystals are used in energy transmission, but hopefully they will someday.

InvisibleSammi
stoner

Loc: Texas
Re: crystals.. [Re: ]
    #1738900 - 07/22/03 06:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

That is intersting

--------------------
Every cause has an effect, but in the end you get what you give.

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Re: crystals.. [Re: Sammi]
    #1738976 - 07/22/03 07:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well, don't forget, certain crystals can carry or conduct an electric charge. Quartz vibrates when a electrical current runs through it.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: crystals.. [Re: Funguy]
    #1739093 - 07/22/03 07:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I thought atlantis was supposed to be about 10 000 years old, and I thought it was small. If 6 billion people lived 75 000 years ago don't you think we'd find more of their shit instead of just stone arrowheads?

So last summer I heard that this summer national geographic was going to send a manned submarine down to that lost city they found with the pyramids and stuff that was sunk about 6000 BC off the coast of Cuba.. I'm going to see if I can find anything about that stuff.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1739150 - 07/22/03 08:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think that atlantis is just a romantic way of saying (remembering?) that man used to live nobily.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1739152 - 07/22/03 08:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

my guess is that the sunken city near Cuba is related to meso-american civilization (Maya, Aztec, Toltec, Anasazi, etc). maybe they were the originators of that cultural influence. those pyramids will probably be similar to those in Mexico.

so could it actually be Atlantis down there? that would really be an amazing discovery.. and there are other sunken cities around the globe. one off the coast of Japan and another on the south coast of India and probably a lot more buried under the ocean floor. it's not surprising considering that the sea level has risen since the last ice age. most of the coastal cities of that time would have been submerged.

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: crystals.. [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1739733 - 07/22/03 11:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ancient paintings and drawings of dragons are often possessing crytals.  I have crytals everywhere :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Re: crystals.. [Re: LikwidDrawp]
    #1739758 - 07/22/03 11:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Don't you know? Atlantis was actually a spaceship stationed in the Atlantic ocean.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1740366 - 07/23/03 04:33 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

People have always been fascinated by crystals because they manifest simple mathematical forms in a natural world that is otherwise filled with fractals and complex irregular shapes. The symmetric shapes make them look beautiful. The symmetric shapes also give them very useful mechanical and electrical properties.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of sellers of crystals who use false claims and bogus pseudoscience to fool the buyers into believing that the crystals have extraordinary properties that affect the human mind and immune system by remote control.

OfflineQuadrant6
Blood Red Eyes

Loc: Holland
Re: crystals.. [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1747614 - 07/25/03 11:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i got a crystal on my desk right now its my friend

--------------------
"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire."
Jorge Luis Borges

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: crystals.. [Re: Quadrant6]
    #1747796 - 07/25/03 01:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Crystals have been used for magical rituals for as long as people have been around..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology