Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Omega 3
    #13434647 -

I want to start omega 3 to help boost my cognitive abilities at Uni - others take ritalin etc but I'm going the natural route.. I don't usually eat fish unless it's a nasty fillet 'o at mcdonald's but I doubt this will counter my pot intake.

I'm in my early 30's and just want to know if it's either too late to begin or worth a shot. I smoke a joint a day of high THC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Omega 3 [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13435486 -

If you aren't getting any in your diet it wouldn't hurt to supplement. Good luck with your studies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Omega 3 [Re: wellage]
    #13435762 -

ya Omega's are great for the body!  they help brain function, keep your hair healthy, same with skin, and also are very good for the body too.

pick up a bottle for sure! maybe some multivitamins too!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Omega 3 [Re: P-O]
    #13436288 -

Damn, someone has a positive outlook

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Omega 3 [Re: lasttime]
    #13436629 -

:hi5:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Omega 3 [Re: P-O]
    #13436800 -

I've been taking it for about a month now, and I've found its DRAMATICALLY improved my memory - short and long term. Went from low 90's on tests to all 100's.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Omega 3 [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13436807 -

Half a cup of walnuts has 5 grams of omega 3.  That's as much as 12 fish oil capsules.  And they taste awesome too.  I just got a huge bag at Costco last week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Omega 3 [Re: BothHands]
    #13437502 -

wow, thanks for your responses! one of my flatmates is a vegan and I shared this with him, since he doesn't eat fish (or drink some lagers - isinglass) he also suggested walnuts, I'm going the next route of starting omega 3's and multivits.

There's an interesting memory test (miller's magic number 7) - looking forward to testing myself with chunking :laugh:

Cheers!!!

:awebig:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Omega 3 [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13439741 -

Flax seed oil has a lot of omega 3, and is delicious. Good on salads, in soups, etc but can't be used during cooking, too heat sensitive.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Omega 3 [Re: Rahz]
    #13441330 -

You can get the flaxseed oil Omegas in the form of supplements as well. In addition some supplements have other sources or a blend of sources.

Beware though, I have found that omega supplements that contain fish sources sometimes produce nasty tasting/smelling burps/aftertastes.


--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Omega 3 [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #13454162 -

look up Carlson's brand or Nordic naturals


--------------------
i love you ♥

you are beautiful! :rockon:



COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Q [Re: owls]
    #13454538 -

I suggest Fermented Cod Liver Oil!

Most fish oils are processed to the point where there is not point in taking them!  If you're not going to eat real fish, then take a real fish oil supplement.

Has the good Omega-3s and also your day's need of vitamin A and vitamin D.

I suggest cinnamon flavor, it just tastes likes those cinnamon candies!

http://www.greenpasture.org/retail/?t=products&p=products&a=display&i=1098

Just got some of this stuff recently, it is awesome.  I don't know if there are any other companies offering a non processes fermented version, but this stuff is the best.

If you want the best results you need to turn your whole diet healthy.

Don't worry I won't tell you to eat no fat and boring crap all day.  Just eat healthy meats if you can (grass fed), eggs, dairy(raw, fermented is best) lots of fruits, veggies, nuts and tubers, and cut down on the grains.

I have a smoothie with 3 raw eggs, kefir, chia seeds, hemp seeds, 2 bannana, and frozen berries every morning.

Berries are awesome for memory too.

I have been trying to do this for school for over a year, and last semester I finally got a 4.0, and it took less work than before.  Once you get your mind into the best thinking state possible tests and more become quite easy.  It is all about cultivating the right state of mind.

And I smoke weed every day too, cheers!


--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Q [Re: Cannashroom]
    #13454578 -

interesting so what are your thoughts on Carlson's very finest liquid fish oil?

quality up to par or not really?


--------------------
i love you ♥

you are beautiful! :rockon:



COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Q [Re: owls]
    #13455184 -

It is still processed, even if it is of high quality.  You're not getting any vitamin A or D, as well as quinnones and other pigments.  When you refine the oil through molecular distillation and so forth you remove many of the original compounds.

When you think of the supplement I posted as just omega-3s then it seems expensive for the dose, but when you consider it has so much vitamin A, D (and K2 if you get the butter oil combo, which is recommended) it is actually a very good price for the nutrient density.

It is all about getting a raw real food (fermented CLO) vs a processes and refined supplement (Most fish oils/omega-3s).

The Industry just sees fish oil as omega-3s and that is it, where as if prepared properly can offer much much more benefit than solely omega-3s.

Whole foods>Supplements

I just have a teaspoon of cinnamon gel like substance in the morning (It has been emulsified and hardens to a gel in the fridge, can get as a liquid too) and it tastes like cinnamon candies, have some weird burbs, but nothing bad.


--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Your Recommended Supplements doses 1,249 17 01/03/11 08:39 AM
by pothead_bob
* Been eating a LOT less meat - need advice on supplementing vitamins, etc.
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 4,380 41 08/06/13 08:43 PM
by s240779
* What supplements do you take?
( 1 2 3 all )
MisterMuscaria 3,076 41 01/25/12 06:57 PM
by MisterMuscaria
* Do vitamin d supplements cause cancer? skatealex2 622 8 11/07/10 02:05 PM
by curenado
* The best whole body cleanse supplement? thirtygoats 677 7 05/26/12 10:57 AM
by Emmanuel Goldstein
* what are some good bacteria-based or worm-based supplements? CLIT 194 2 11/09/13 10:45 PM
by Epigallo
* Enough Is Enough: Stop Wasting Money on Vitamin and Mineral Supplements cycline 1,405 18 01/04/14 06:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Fermented Veggies and Probiotics
( 1 2 3 all )
deranger 3,639 52 09/26/08 11:21 AM
by LeftyBurnz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
748 topic views. 2 members, 0 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.