Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
How do you prepare a friend for DMT?
    #13397324 -

Hey all, I'm seeking some advice for a question which I'm not really 100% sure how to go about answering.

My good friend that I usually trip with recently suggested he wanted to try some DMT, after hearing and watching my last experience with it.
This guy can eat massive doses of mushrooms, I mean absolutely epic doses.
I can eat 2-5 grams and be almost at that point where I'm tripping to hard, where as he can, and I have seen him eat between 10-15 grams (dried) of potent mushrooms. He loves shrooms and can pretty much eat as much as he wants without any bad trip or negative effects.

But as little as 1 or 2 hits of acid will loop this guy out of his mind sometimes, it all depends on setting. I've seen him eat 3 hits with me just chilling with a few good friends and have an awesome time, but I've also seen him bug out completely on 1 hit at partys, and even in a good set and setting.
Acid is 50-50 with him, can go either way.

Now this is my good friend of 10+ years now, like a brother, so I don't want to give the guy DMT if its going to completely f**k him up.

So how exactly can I go about preparing him for the ride properly?
How can you let someone know whats about to happen to them?

I've explained all the basics, and asked him to do some research online, but hes not exactly the type to research anything he consumes drug-wise online.

Part of me says to just give him a full dose, and let him ride it out for the 10-20 minutes of intensity and help him if he needs it, since that's what he wants.
But I also have general concern for a mate when I know how powerful this stuff can be, and I've seen how a fairly low dose of acid can loop him out. 

Any suggestions? Should I start him off on a low dose to begin with?

Cheers :sun:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: Austrip]
    #13397381 -

i would def. start small and work your way up with dmt, what i gather it is more visually stronger than lsd

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: Austrip]
    #13397472 -

I have never had a bad time on DMT even after around 100 trips ranging everywhere from threshold doses to break throughs.  Some have been very bizarre, but never bad.  I have also given DMT to around 25 people who have never tried DMT before and some who have never even tripped, and they have always had a blast.  I think its hard to have a bad trip on DMT because of its very fast onset.  The fast onset makes it literally impossible to worry a bad trip.  If your friend enjoys the mushroom mindset he will for sure enjoy DMT.  Just make sure he's in a good set and setting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: Ram Dass]
    #13397732 -

Ram Dass said:
If your friend enjoys the mushroom mindset he will for sure enjoy DMT.  Just make sure he's in a good set and setting.



I thought so too, since they are in the same family I believe.

So none out of all those you dosed had a overwhelming or bad experience?
I can't say I have either, but I could easily see how if the trip did go bad you would have a very messed up time. 

Any tips on a dose for him Ram Dass?

Cheers


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: Austrip]
    #13397781 -

You should make some changa.  DMT by itself is fucking crazy, but infusing it into b. caapi leaves lends a soothing, guiding sense of euphoria and completion to the experience.

I'm no longer shaking uncontrollably when I smoke deemsters, and I don't have to use a crack pipe because changa works just fine in a normal pipe or bong.  I don't feel like I'm going to get jumped by space entities, because the caapi leaf comes along with you for protection.

This is really the best way I can describe it right now.  I'm just saying, I'll probably never do DMT crystal alone again after trying changa.


--------------------
"Freedom starts between the ears."

Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: scienceguy]
    #13398304 -

i believe nothing can prepare you for a breakthrough on dmt.

it is truly not what you will ever expect and more.

i find myself trying to piece together what the fuck just happened for hours after a breakthrough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: orangetriad]
    #13398360 -

This guy can handle dmt. He eats 10-15 grams of potent shrooms, he can def handle his shit.

lsd is less like dmt then mushrooms are.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: Harri]
    #13398983 -

In my experience, LSD is prone to looping more than a lot of psychadelics.
DMT is not, at all, and shrooms aren't really either. Dmt is chemically similar to shrooms, but a lot easier to remain unconfuzzled.
He'll be fine...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: elliusoopius]
    #13399005 -

I think one of the things that helps me to make the most of my experiences is to remember to try not to give in to astonishment.


--------------------
"Freedom starts between the ears."

Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: scienceguy]
    #13399059 -

DMT is unprepareable hehe, just tell them "Enjoy it, just relax and let it come, if you want, close your eyes, but you're in for a more wild ride."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: Maverick]
    #13399115 -

I really think changa is the only way to go though...  It definitely takes the guesswork out of helping someone new to DMT smoke it properly.  Instead of trying to teach them how to freebase a fairly delicate chemical in three tokes (while their mind starts melting after one) out of what is most likely going to be an unfamiliar smoking apparatus to them, make some changa.  You can load it into a normal pipe or bong, and rip away with a normal lighter.  It's fucking great.  I usually do one toke in a bong and then hold in the smoke as long as I can, until...

  :awecid:

Earlier this evening I stumbled in to what I believe to be some of the DMT people at dinner, seated around a table.  They took a pitcher of liquid off the table that they poured into me that somehow sucked me into the pitcher itself, exploding and expanding my vision into a billion geometric patterns in black and white and rotating through multiple dimensions into a full on double rainbow of colors.

At that point, things started to get a little weird... :wink:


--------------------
"Freedom starts between the ears."

Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: scienceguy]
    #13399119 -

"Hey,got some stuff there,it's like weed,gets you nice and mellow. Here,take a biiiggggg hit..." :datass: :hehe:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #13399162 -

I'll be goddamned if it's not waaaaay easier on the lungs, too.


--------------------
"Freedom starts between the ears."

Edward Abbey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: Austrip]
    #13399608 -

Austrip said:
Ram Dass said:
If your friend enjoys the mushroom mindset he will for sure enjoy DMT.  Just make sure he's in a good set and setting.



I thought so too, since they are in the same family I believe.

So none out of all those you dosed had a overwhelming or bad experience?
I can't say I have either, but I could easily see how if the trip did go bad you would have a very messed up time. 

Any tips on a dose for him Ram Dass?

Cheers



I have never had a miligram scale accurate enough to measure out DMT, I always have just eyeballed it.  For someone who has never tried it before I would go just under a breakthrough dose, so say around 30mg.  I don't find that the amount of DMT loaded into a pipe matters as much as the amount of hits taken and how long it is held in.  The mindset also really affects the trip a lot.  I get a lot deeper into my trips when I sit quietly and clear my head for 15 minutes before hand.

So when you convince your friend to try DMT have him start off with one big hit held in for at least 10 seconds.  When he exhales you will know based on his behavior if he should go for another.  If he is really nervous/anxious then just hold off.  The one hit will not be an overwhelming trip by anymeans, especially for your friend.  If anything he will realize that theres nothing to worry about and the threshold dose will get him excited for a good trip in the future.  However, if he is really excited after he starts hitting it then suggest to him that he does another hit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: Austrip]
    #13399636 -

Punch him in the face and say "thats kinda how dmt is"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: scienceguy]
    #13399731 -

scienceguy said:
You should make some changa.  DMT by itself is fucking crazy, but infusing it into b. caapi leaves lends a soothing, guiding sense of euphoria and completion to the experience.

I'm no longer shaking uncontrollably when I smoke deemsters, and I don't have to use a crack pipe because changa works just fine in a normal pipe or bong.  I don't feel like I'm going to get jumped by space entities, because the caapi leaf comes along with you for protection.

This is really the best way I can describe it right now.  I'm just saying, I'll probably never do DMT crystal alone again after trying changa.



As a first timer, then, do you suggest I even start trying to smoke the crystal? Or should I not even bother, and just make changa? I guess I will just try both!

Out of curiosity, can you basically use any leaf/herb? I have this spearmint herbal blend (came with a vaporizer I purchased) and want to know if that would suffice for changa. Thanks!


--------------------
"Tears themselves interest me greatly -- but not the tears of melancholy hindsight and existential despair;
rather the tears of awe you experience when the realization of an ideal suddenly appears before your very eyes or thunders inside your mind;
these tears interest me." - Philip Hallie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: catalyst]
    #13399761 -

DMT is absolute pure, powerful, un-cut awesomeness.

in comparison, if beer was a wheelchair, weed was a bike, and shrooms a car speeding out of control, then DMT would be a nuclear powered rocket booster with a chair duct taped to it.

lol, there is nothing you can say or do to perpare anyone. Just say "Its kinda like shrooms, its kinda like acid, but it goes wayyyyyy beyond that shit dude."



just tell em to hit it, and hold it. the rest will just happen.


--------------------
I AM YOU
YOU ARE ME
WE ARE ALL
EVERYTHING.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: 420happyhippy]
    #13399780 -

pack a bowl of "changa" and have em smoke untill he drops the pipe. if he seems uneasy remind him he will be normal in  minutes.

everything happens so quick, and its so awesome, that there will be no problems. if there is, he will be back in 5 ether way.


its like waking from a dream.


no worrys dude,

HH


--------------------
I AM YOU
YOU ARE ME
WE ARE ALL
EVERYTHING.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: catalyst]
    #13399813 -

Mixing Spearmint with DMT will not make changa.  Changa is DMT mixed with an MAOI.  Most people who make changa use B. Caapi.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you prepare a friend for DMT? [Re: Ram Dass]
    #13399883 -

Ram Dass said:
Mixing Spearmint with DMT will not make changa.  Changa is DMT mixed with an MAOI.  Most people who make changa use B. Caapi.



I was not under the impression that it had to be a MAOI. Peppermint is listed here...I'm pretty sure that peppermint does not contain MAOIs :/

Actually, if you scroll down to the info section, the author says that MAOI-containing leaves are not required. I just want to be getting the straight DMT since I have never experienced it before...I don't want to introduce any MAOIs.


--------------------
"Tears themselves interest me greatly -- but not the tears of melancholy hindsight and existential despair;
rather the tears of awe you experience when the realization of an ideal suddenly appears before your very eyes or thunders inside your mind;
these tears interest me." - Philip Hallie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* salvia opens doors like dmt?
( 1 2 all )
1stimer 10,050 36 05/12/06 03:26 PM
by Kras
* Anybody ever experimented witht tha infamous "Spearmint gun in an orange"?
( 1 2 3 all )
BoneThugsAndHBWR 2,554 43 07/30/09 07:06 AM
by BoneThugsAndHBWR
* DMT Synthetic 2,325 2 06/21/01 08:00 AM
by gnrm23
* me need dmt crystals emex 4,000 11 07/28/02 12:10 PM
by DreaMaTrix
* What should you do to prepare for your first trip?
( 1 2 all )
jARROD 3,048 24 04/02/03 03:13 PM
by Cherk
* Do you have to be a chemist to extract DMT?
( 1 2 all )
YellowSubmarine 15,750 35 06/14/19 01:40 AM
by Okiedoke78
* Easier to produce...Shrooms Or DMT?
( 1 2 all )
orizon 14,842 34 07/23/08 04:23 AM
by shroomzey
* DMT Prices? 351Shroom 8,102 11 08/10/02 06:03 AM
by Brukan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
4,604 topic views. 2 members, 40 guests and 73 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.