Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms
    #13376481 -

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39810281/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/


WASHINGTON — Police have arrested at least two men suspected of creating a drug lab in a freshmen dormitory at prestigious Georgetown University in Washington.
D.C. Police spokesman Officer Hugh Carew says investigators found a DMT lab where chemicals could create a hallucinogenic drug. DMT stands for dimethyltryptamine. Officials thought it was a methamphetamine lab earlier Saturday.
Emergency crews responded about 6:15 a.m. after a strange odor was reported. About 400 students were evacuated from Harbin Hall. Seven people were exposed to noxious chemicals, including three students.
Georgetown spokeswoman Julie Green Bataille says no one was injured and the rest of the campus is operating normally.
Carew says two of the suspects are students and one was a visitor. Local and federal agents are investigating.







Question-  Making this shit smells?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: PreparationH]
    #13376513 -

It does involve hazard vapors and needs to be done in a properly ventilated area; dorm rooms don't really qualify.

Still, it makes me die a little bit inside when I read stuff like this.


--------------------
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”  -Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: PreparationH]
    #13376519 -

naphta and lye have fuming odors:shrug:


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: FuzedBox]
    #13376523 -

yea it blows big time for those kids, life is ruined.  I think you get another felony tacked on too because it's a federal building.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: PreparationH]
    #13376530 -

That wasn't the brightest thing to fiddle with strong chemicals in such a public place amongst other things.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: Le_Canard]
    #13376547 -

A lab at a DORM? Jeeze these people are dumb. Even smoking weed is a bad idea at a dorm, let alone that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: Salomon]
    #13376555 -

Salomon said:
naphta



:thumbup: The odor must've been naphtha or whatever solvent they were using.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: Space Elf]
    #13376634 -

Probably time to stock up on MHRB... can't help but wonder which shroomerite that was that got busted...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: Space Elf]
    #13376640 -

That really sucks for them. Yeah, naptha (paint thinner) has a very strong odor.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: PreparationH]
    #13376656 -

PreparationH said:
yea it blows big time for those kids, life is ruined.  I think you get another felony tacked on too because it's a federal building.



What makes you think it's a federal building?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: Chespirito]
    #13376664 -

Chespirito said:
PreparationH said:
yea it blows big time for those kids, life is ruined.  I think you get another felony tacked on too because it's a federal building.



What makes you think it's a federal building?



:lol: Yeah... federal building? I think not.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: Salomon]
    #13376672 -

Salomon said:
naphta and lye have fuming odors:shrug:



I remember reading a few years ago on bluelight about a guy that set himself and his kitchen on fire when he spilled naptha on a hot plate while extracting DMT.

And he was tripping too because of the DMT fumes I guess. :shrug:


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: twighead]
    #13376678 -

Some asshole asked about a week ago what the most 'profitable' way to make DMT was in the psychadelic experience, and given his lack of intelligent decision making to that extent, I cant help but wonder if that was him in the story...

Either way, after opening a can of Naptha, I dont get how you could think doing that in a public place was ok... you could extract some where in the woods, bring it home in an air tight container to freeze, then precipitate off somewhere else outdoors.

Some peoples fucking kids :facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #13376681 -

WakeboardrB said:
Salomon said:
naphta and lye have fuming odors:shrug:



I remember reading a few years ago on bluelight about a guy that set himself and his kitchen on fire when he spilled naptha on a hot plate while extracting DMT.

And he was tripping too because of the DMT fumes I guess. :shrug:



Yeah, that's why I wouldn't fool with extractions like this unless I had some lab-grade ventilation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: Le_Canard]
    #13376690 -

I thought dorms were considered federal buildings?

edit: How about if it's a "state" school, are they federal buildings or am I just completely wrong here.

Edited by PreparationH (10/23/10 03:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: twighead]
    #13376692 -

twighead said:
Chespirito said:
PreparationH said:
yea it blows big time for those kids, life is ruined.  I think you get another felony tacked on too because it's a federal building.



What makes you think it's a federal building?



:lol: Yeah... federal building? I think not.



It's not federal but it does belong to the state.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: Le_Canard]
    #13376694 -

ToiletDuk said:
WakeboardrB said:
Salomon said:
naphta and lye have fuming odors:shrug:



I remember reading a few years ago on bluelight about a guy that set himself and his kitchen on fire when he spilled naptha on a hot plate while extracting DMT.

And he was tripping too because of the DMT fumes I guess. :shrug:



Yeah, that's why I wouldn't fool with extractions like this unless I had some lab-grade ventilation.



Thats pretty much what  you need if you're gonna do the initial mixing indoors. Those kids are idiots. Its not particularly dangerous tho, i dunno wtf the guy had a hotplate doing there.


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: learningtofly]
    #13376727 -

Georgetown is private.  And theres no state since it's DC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: Chespirito]
    #13376749 -

oh then LOL


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drug "lab" discovered at Georgetown U. dorms [Re: learningtofly]
    #13376889 -

So I just read this article on CNN. The actually story is lol, but the way CNN presented it pissed me off.

Headline read "Possible Meth Lab found at Georgetown University"

The actual article states that it was initially suspected to be a meth lab, but then police confirmed it was DMT. I know this isn't anything new, and I usually don't expect good reporting out of news agencies, but this still pissed me off. They clearly worded the headline like that to get more reads, while they already knew that it wasn't a meth lab.

/end rant

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What if a new drug was discovered/made tommorrow...
( 1 2 3 all )
Spooge 4,122 42 05/25/21 01:46 PM
by shockplague0
* Just found some tunnels @ Georgetown
( 1 2 3 4 all )
memes 4,321 65 07/05/09 12:44 PM
by blewmeanie
* . Yrtlzmo 2,568 19 03/03/04 12:57 AM
by Yrtlzmo
* Drug Test Your Teen Dot Com carbonhoots 5,696 12 01/02/04 02:16 AM
by Anno
* High-Level Biowarfare Lab to be Placed in Boston Ravus 1,281 5 08/23/04 11:11 AM
by Fade_To_Black
* Crazy accident on drugs
( 1 2 3 all )
filthysock 8,075 51 12/04/05 05:19 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* I have to pass a drug test. Niacin or B6??
( 1 2 all )
SJR 14,490 31 10/02/03 10:36 AM
by tripndicular
* How clean do you keep your pad/apt/house/dorm/room?
( 1 2 all )
Phishgrrl 3,245 20 06/01/04 08:47 PM
by TheDude

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,639 topic views. 3 members, 49 guests and 209 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.