Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Dumb ass question.
    #13353 - 04/20/00 06:15 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

You got it right. It would be better to use 50/50 or JuffyMix instead of plain verm. I used to crumble my cakes after first flush and case them in the traditional manner. Now, I mostly case from the beginning.

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePappaKaps
enthusiast
    #13355 - 04/20/00 06:22 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Do you get alot more out of the second flush if you crumble them oposed to just putting it on top and bottom?

OfflineFonz
enthusiast
    #13356 - 04/20/00 06:23 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Okay sounds like your first batch, yeah the overwelming flow of information on this site can be confusing.

I dont know if all strains of cubes pin invetro or in the jar for simple terms. If you are growing the straight PF strain it will start to pin in the jar.

Anyways the cake will be safe to remove from the jar after the mycellium covers the cake, then at least 3 or 4 more days pass.

I would suggest the Perilite Method for the first time grower. Read about it here:
http://www.shroomery.org/findorgrowthem.php?View=docs&doc=55

You can put the cakes right on the perilite for your first few batches then maybe start experimenting with such things as the PF Double Ended Casing Tek, read about it here:
http://www.fanaticus.com/casing.htm

and eventually full blown casing, the easiest being the 50/50 Casing tek, read about that here:
http://www.shroomery.org/findorgrowthem.php?View=docs&doc=107

The goal for the first time grower is to keep it nice and simple and learn about the mushroom. Yes better results with other methods are attainable, but taking small steps in this hobby is the goal to success. Good luck and keep us posted with your results.

OfflinePappaKaps
enthusiast
    #13357 - 04/20/00 06:30 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks Fonz, I was planning to use the perlite method...it seems to be the easiest anyways. I am using the pf strain, and there are a few cakes that are fully colonized, just waiting to see some invitro. I was also wondering, is there more of a chance of getting contams while going from the jar to the terrarium (and for the first few days) or when your inoculating??

Anonymous

#13358 - 04/20/00 09:38 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

One thing I don't get about casing is how it says to crumble the cake over the verm. Well if you crumble it with your hands, that would be contam city, and with a knife or something would be hard.

------------------
Away!

Anonymous

#13359 - 04/20/00 09:43 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Pappakaps, once the cake is colonized the mycellium protects itself somewhat from contams. So you can move it around in the open air, but still be careful.

melter8or, put the cake in a clean plastic bag and break it up. Or you can cut it on a cutting board into even discs.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract