Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
External Hard Drive/Memory
    #13326014 -

I need more memory on my laptop's hard-drive.  I have been binging on music torrents and now I'm almost out of memory.  Should I buy an external hard-drive?  How much does a good one cost, and what's the range of GBs of memory I could get?

Someone mentioned adding more memory to my laptop's harddrive without buying an external drive.  Is this feasible?  I'm not tech savvy at all.

Thanks in advance for your responses.  :cheers:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: External Hard Drive/Memory [Re: Lion]
    #13326029 -

Get an external HD, You can get them from 250GB to 1-2 TB.

I have a 500 GB and it's lasted about 1 1/2 years of downloading and still has a little space left

If you want to plan ahead a bit, drop money on a 1TB, you can get them for under 100$

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: External Hard Drive/Memory [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #13326041 -

I'd get a flash drive.

They are available in the same capacities, and they do not have platters which are subject to damage (and eventual failure) from vibration (e.g. transporting).


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: External Hard Drive/Memory [Re: Lion]
    #13326046 -

I'm probably not nearly as advanced as most of the "tech heads" here but will throw in my $0.02.

I bought a Western Digital "passport" external, portable HD.

Its about as simple as it gets:  No power source needed, plug n play, drag and drop.  I can plug it into any computer through USB, and just drag and drop what I need.  Works like a charm and hasn't failed me in the two years I've had it.  I got 400gb. 

There is a terabyte drive for $129 at best buy.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: External Hard Drive/Memory [Re: badchad]
    #13326109 -

2TB for only 170!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822324043

Well worth it for the extra 1000 GB. Once you start on a torrent binge it doesn't tend to stop!!! I just finished downloading a torrent of 280 gigs of movies lol and I keep downloading more every day. I've filled 2 500gb drives and working on a 750 atm...Wish I had the 2TB right now.

If you only want 1TB here's a pretty good looking one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822101186


--------------------

.
-ProfessorPinHead
:amanita2::pinkshroom::supershroom::pinkshroom::amanita2:
My Mycological Excursions
Anything posted on these forums is strictly for fun and completely fictional.

Edited by freeskierpj (10/12/10 02:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: External Hard Drive/Memory [Re: freeskierpj]
    #13326126 -

I think it's about time for me to step up and buy a 1TB. I would like to backup everything that's on the 500GB, plus extra space.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: External Hard Drive/Memory [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #13326198 -

2TB ftw!


--------------------

.
-ProfessorPinHead
:amanita2::pinkshroom::supershroom::pinkshroom::amanita2:
My Mycological Excursions
Anything posted on these forums is strictly for fun and completely fictional.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Windoze killed my hard drive DreaMaTrix 3,134 15 10/06/02 06:57 PM
by ShroominSpradl
* What are your earliest memories of the Shroomery?
( 1 2 3 all )
ToTheSummit 6,306 54 06/14/04 06:11 AM
by daba
* New Hard Drive Phychotron 1,692 18 06/02/04 11:16 PM
by notapillow
* Lots of hard drive space......So Ripple 581 7 07/14/05 07:23 PM
by Ripple
* salvaging lost memories danlennon3 437 4 08/13/05 05:17 AM
by ummikko
* My memory's fucked Fospher 1,001 14 08/02/05 12:28 AM
by Ravus
* Memorial Music (Whats allowed in general?) Northernsoul 1,086 8 10/25/04 08:50 AM
by agr8fulchick
* Driving while stoned?
( 1 2 3 all )
tomk 5,725 59 10/24/04 02:18 PM
by druqks46

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
711 topic views. 7 members, 16 guests and 83 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.