Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Steve Vai Appreciation
    #13052449 -

Been listenin to alot of Steve Vai lately, and oh my god it makes me fuckin go craaaazyy!  Such an awesome geetar player!  Some of his stuff I think is "ehhh..." but there's so much of it that is fucking amazing!  Definitely one of my favorite guitar players.

Fucking LOVE this one.  Makes me thrash around like an epileptic fish out of water.

Steve Vai - Jibboom


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #13052467 -

I own a Jem7v... My favorite guitar.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: Maurer]
    #13052517 -

The Jems are cool as hell, but I never really could get used to the 7 strings.

Growing up, Steve Vai had a huge influence on my guitar playing. Him and Joe Satriani were my favorite technical players, along with Dave Mustain and the lead player for Sepultura.

For the Love of God


Pretty epic guitar playing in that song. He truly is a master of the guitar.

This should be in M, A & L, though. More respect there.


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: blissedout]
    #13052530 -

blissedout said:
The Jems are cool as hell, but I never really could get used to the 7 strings.

Growing up, Steve Vai had a huge influence on my guitar playing. Him and Joe Satriani were my favorite technical players, along with Dave Mustain and the lead player for Sepultura.

For the Love of God


Pretty epic guitar playing in that song. He truly is a master of the guitar.

This should be in M, A & L, though. More respect there.


The 7v is only 6. It's a beautiful perfect instrument to me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: blissedout]
    #13052532 -

Also, this song.:lol: It's really great.

The Audience is Listening:rockon:


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: blissedout]
    #13052566 -

Had an intense trip listening to:

Bangkok
Fire Garden Suite Bull: Whip, Pusa Road, Angel Food, Taurus Bulba
played back to back




the intro just sounds like you're getting blasted into space and on a good dose of mushrooms YOU ARE!!!

I'm also a fan of:
FtLoG
Giant Balls of Gold
Bad Horsie


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: CosmicFool]
    #13052599 -

.........


















:blazed:


--------------------
-_-_-_-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: CosmicFool]
    #13052605 -

I used to hate Vai and then I realized he just does shit as an act to be as flamboyant as possible. It's great :thumbup: And he has some pretty kickass songs. I still can't stand Yngwie though.


--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: F0SS1L]
    #13052620 -

What? You don't dig Whitesnake, brah?


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: CosmicFool]
    #13052626 -

Stevie Ray Vaughn's cover of little wing is the only song on my trip list that's not in the psychedelic genre :lol:

:awetrippie:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: x Ju x]
    #13052629 -

And that is pertinent, because....


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: F0SS1L]
    #13052640 -

F0SS1L said:
I used to hate Vai and then I realized he just does shit as an act to be as flamboyant as possible. It's great :thumbup: And he has some pretty kickass songs. I still can't stand Yngwie though.



He's is definitely a bit eccentric
and I feel the same way about Frank Zappa, he's got skill but I can't get past the person



--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: x Ju x]
    #13052642 -

x Ju x said:
Stevie Ray Vaughn's cover of little wing is the only song on my trip list that's not in the psychedelic genre :lol:

:awetrippie:



huh?


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: CosmicFool]
    #13052654 -

This was one of my favorite songs when I was around 13 years old:


Voodoo Acid


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: F0SS1L]
    #13052656 -

F0SS1L said:
I used to hate Vai and then I realized he just does shit as an act to be as flamboyant as possible. It's great :thumbup: And he has some pretty kickass songs. I still can't stand Yngwie though.



yngwie very over rated, he just practiced his scales for too long. not creativity :shrug:


--------------------
-_-_-_-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #13052663 -

I;ve been up about 36 hours after a shroom tr
blissedout said:
And that is pertinent, because....



RipVanWinkle said:
x Ju x said:
Stevie Ray Vaughn's cover of little wing is the only song on my trip list that's not in the psychedelic genre :lol:

:awetrippie:



huh?



Ive been up about 38 hours after my first shroom trip and just smoked a bowl. I thought it said Stevie Ray Vaughn :lol: I appologize.

Steve Vai Is incredible to. His Ibanez Jem series guitars are amazing :awehigh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: x Ju x]
    #13052674 -

:lol:  Get some sleep man.  Drink a big ol glass of V8 followed by a big ol glass of milk and go to bed.  For the sake of your mental health.


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #13052689 -

I can't man, I feel too good to go to sleep. :lol:

The after effects of the trip plus no sleep and smoking a bowl is a good combination. I may actually grab some salvia leaf.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: x Ju x]
    #13052705 -

I can't sleep after mushrooms either but I've fallen asleep during the come up before
that makes for an odd time, waking up just as you start peaking :toomuchacid:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steve Vai Appreciation [Re: CosmicFool]
    #13052715 -

I've woken up and still been pretty twisted off dxm.

At first I was like :awewtf:

But then I realized I was on dxm, so I smoked a bowl and took off again :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Steve Vai IAmTheWalrus212 986 15 10/02/04 05:19 PM
by FreakQlibrium
* Guitar+LSD=
( 1 2 all )
sui 5,732 20 02/02/06 03:00 PM
by ph30n1x
* Learning to play the guitar.
( 1 2 all )
schmutzen 3,407 34 12/29/06 11:33 AM
by razmablues
* if im starting guitar DR. PRIME 1,277 14 01/25/07 05:52 AM
by apfrommsp
* Holy fuck, that guy's fast on his guitar
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Snape 11,082 116 07/04/05 11:12 AM
by HeavyToilet
* Only HEndrix and Page can play guitar
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Big Fi52 11,119 93 02/17/06 01:09 PM
by gdman
* Guitars
( 1 2 3 all )
Infrared 6,129 47 02/23/04 05:37 PM
by temperance
* Any guitar players?
( 1 2 all )
HELLA_TIGHT 2,851 39 07/27/05 01:21 AM
by HELLA_TIGHT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,016 topic views. 5 members, 8 guests and 102 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.047 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.