Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream.
    #12994660 -

Ok I just woke up this morning from a pretty wild dream. it was super vivid as usual and at first i was pretty sure it was reality as i was standing in a beautiful meadow on a gorgeous day with one or two trees gently swaying in the breeze.  then this rather large entity kinda just materialized in front of me. 

He/it must have been 8-10 ft tall but with normal proportions, he was surrounded by intensely bright golden light, wore colorful flowing robes of gold, shining gems, and some deep reds and purples (though the light was so bright it was hard to really get a look at his garb). he a had longish, shoulder length lion's mane of flowing golden/white glowing hair, and a very full beard and mustache which was all continuously undulating as if blowing uniformly in a slow motion wind.  he had blazing white light where his eyes would have been. and this guy was just glowing and shining with intense whitish/golden light.

he was very close to me, and it felt incredibly powerful but i wasn't afraid at all.  he introduced himself as my spirit guide, and im still struggling to remember what else he told me.. he said something about coming to tell me something very important.

I'm still shaken by this dream. it seems important but i just can't remember what he told me.  his demeanor was very emotionless, expressionless.. just calm, a bit serious.  seemed more like some sort of deity than a spirit guide but who am i to say?

the strange thing is, I've tried to call upon and asked to speak with my spirit guide many many times in lucid dreams before and it has never worked before. i kinda gave up on it a year or two ago.. but this time, I didn't even ask  to see him. he just appeared to me. it was the first (and hopefully not the last time) i've ever seen and communicated with my spirit guide in a dream.  it felt like a very important dream and i cant remember what the hell he told me!!  I can't even remember whether it was good news or some kind of warning.

anyone experienced anything like that? or any ideas what this was (if not just a vivid dream)?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: BoneMan]
    #12994720 -

I actually found a painting of a figure from the texts in the Bhagavad Gita who looks almost exactly like the "spirit guide" from my dream.

The main difference is that, in this depiction, he's not glowing with an intense shining whitish golden light.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: BoneMan]
    #12995364 -

Real cool man. From the description it sounds like a guide of some sort to me. Our higher self is very intuitive in the sense it appears how we need to see it to get its point across. I've had guides appear to me in dreams in the form of animals, contemporary spiritual teachers (such as Tolle and Mooji), monks and other forms. You should look into Robert Moss, especially the book Dreamgates. Moss developed a system using shamanic drumming which allows you to consciously (lucidly) reenter the dream from a waking state, where you can continue your conversation or find out more. Feeling is a great cue to our dreams - Did you feel good or bad when you woke up?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #12997883 -

I felt great when I woke up. I was still in awe of the entity I had just spoken with because I woke up right after he told me whatever important thing he came to tell me. The problem was I went back to sleep a few minutes later without writing down the dream and what the guide said to me (big mistake).

But I felt happy, at peace and privileged to have had this deity/spirit guide appear and communicate directly with me. I was in a sort of mystical, spiritual heady mood all day. Pretty elated that a spirit guide introduced himself to me out of the blue, after all my years of attempting to call upon a spirit guide during lucid dreams and failing. 

Another interesting part of the dream was that there was no dream leading up to me meeting the guide. The dream began with me finding myself standing in a beautiful peaceful meadow full of tall grass swaying in the slow motion breeze, some gem-like flowers and a couple trees. The guide appeared to me, spoke for a minute or two, evaporated and then I woke up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: BoneMan]
    #12998352 -

That's cool man. It could have been an OBE as well - From my experience I've found that a lot of OBE's mistaken for lucid dreams occur in meadows and beautiful natural landscapes. That's kind of irrelevant though. Yea you really gotta right them down as they happen, they are so fleeting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #13000461 -

Thanks for the input friend.  So another strange thing happened last night as I was going to bed..

I was tired as hell after a long day. So after a lil reading, I shut off my nightstand light and laid my head down on my pillow.

Not five seconds later, I felt my cat jump up onto my bed and walk across my pillow. It startled me at first, but in my sleepiness I thought "oh its just the cat", and I reached over to pet her.. then I realized my cat has been dead for more than 3 years.

That startled the shit out of me because I really truly felt the weight of a cats feet taking 3 or 4 steps across my pillows, so much so that it moved my head a little bit. 

After this happened I was scared to go to sleep but I was very tired and every time I closed my eyes I began to hear a loud wooshing sound, and got the sensation the room was swirling, like a tiny vortex or tornado was gently rushing around my room.. i didn't physically feel any wind but it was definitely a wooshing sound and a swirling windy effect.  I knew I was about to go into sleep paralysis every time this began so I shook myself awake because I was afraid of where I might find myself on the other side.  Sounds like maybe i was being astral projected (i dont know much about that), but not by my own intention..

maybe the spirit guide from the other night was trying to take me to the other side again and continue our conversation.. and maybe he sent my cat's spirit before my OBE to make sure I was safe and that I made it to the spirit guide's intended destination?   

I should mention I had a very close, loving, spiritual relationship with my cat for over 18 years of my life (age 3-22).  she has come to me in dreams quite a few times before. maybe my cat was sent to comfort me and guide my journey through the dream world or astral world to wherever we were headed. I should also mention I've experienced sleep paralysis many many times, but I've never had hallucinations from it. I'm just awake, aware and unable to move until I manage to shake myself out of it.

I dont know a whole lot about this stuff, and from what i've read I don't know what to believe. for all i know, it could all just be intense dreams and sleep paralysis.

Edited by BoneMan (08/04/10 08:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: BoneMan]
    #13000536 -

Reality is you, it seems :awesome: to me, even your posts feel spiritual twoards my point of view

happy trailin' :yesnod:


--------------------
EVERYTHING IS DRUGS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: BoneMan]
    #13000984 -

The sensations you describe are spot-on for what occurs before a projection. The heavy energy sensations and vibrations, as well as the loud noises (people have described it as your mind in a jet engine). It at first came off as a static-crackly sound to me - eventually when you break in your energy body the sensations will get less severe or dissipate completely. When you get to the "vibrational state" all you need to do is visualize yourself floating out of your body, and keep your eyes closed until you can see out of them.

I really can't do justice to the subject posting here... there is just too much information to cover. I believe our guides or w/e you want to call them are always with is, and to some extent orchestrating our waking lives. I've communicated with my deceased grandfather, which for me was an affirmation that a part (or more of a whole) of us exists after physical death. Your cat could have simply been a way to wake you up into the OBE with something your guides know you are comfortable with (Although we all says "we want to meet our spirit guides" people get freaked out when they wake up in their room to see someone standing their looking at them :P). 

Did you have a lot of sleep paralysis in the past? This is a blessing in disguise, for they can be converted into OBEs. If your interested in this subject at all, I'd recommend a couple books to you:

Adventures Beyond the Body by Buhlman
Astral Dynamics by Bruce
Dreamgates by Moss
Seth Speaks by Jane Roberts
Soul Traveler by Taylor (just found this one at the library recently, it's a short read by great if you deal with paralysis, as the author did)

Good luck man, and remember the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: BoneMan]
    #13002248 -

How cool that you've made contact with your spirit guides. For me, I seem to make contact with them on an irregular basis...

Oddly enough, they are usually "big" in the sense that they seem to tower over me and I am never scared of the encounters.

Did your guide say anything specific to you?


--------------------
perception is reality

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #13002763 -

c0sm0nautt said:
Did you have a lot of sleep paralysis in the past? This is a blessing in disguise..



I get sleep paralysis on a regular basis. probably at least 3 times a week, which i remember. it may happen more than I can recall.  but I always shake myself awake when I feel it happening because it scares the shit out of me to be paralyzed from the eyes down.  also I've heard and read so many stories of scary things associated with sleep paralysis like alien abduction experiences, demons or witches, etc.  and I don't want to see that shit.

but since you're saying I'm on the verge of projecting out of my body, then maybe next time I should try to go through with it.  I'm a long-time lucid dreamer and I'd love to be able to enter into that sort of state directly from my waking state.. rather than having to wait until i begin dreaming and hope to become lucid.

I've also had contacts with recently deceased relatives in dreams.  Every single grandparent, cousin or other relative that has died has come to me in a dream within a week or two of their deaths.  They never speak. They just come to me in a dream, hug me and I just get this feeling that they're alright and they've come to tell me they're OK and they love me.

One particularly memorable dream like that was after my grandmother passed away. Her husband (my grandfather) died several years before her..but after she died I had a dream about a flying saucer landing in my neighborhood. the door opened and both dead grandparents came out (along with a few other people I didn't recognize but I assume were relatives of theirs). 

They both came up to me and hugged me.  They did not speak but I got the distinct sensation that they were telepathically telling me they were re-united and that they were safe and happy.  and that they were moving on to another place where they would not be able to see me again until I pass and move on to join them.  After the blissful hugs, they re-entered the flying saucer and took off. then i woke up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: BoneMan]
    #13002790 -

Some powerful dreams. Like I mentioned earlier you should check out Soul Traveler by Dr. Albert Taylor. He was a astrophysicist working for NASA when he started to have out-of-body experience from sleep paralysis. Needless to say his reality was turned on its head.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #13005938 -

Thank you so much c0sm0.  I'm reading some stuff from Albert Taylor now.  I'm going to buy his book.  I really  want to learn and master astral travel.  It seems I may have a gift for it, so I think it'd be a shame not to take advantage of such a potentially life changing and amazing ability.  It seems I could enhance almost every aspect of my life through astral travel, finding answers, meeting lost loved ones..  thank you =]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: BoneMan]
    #13005969 -

I have pretty good recognition of my dreams except for what people tell me in the dream. I wish their was a dream version of a tape recorder.:lol:



--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13006193 -

Oh also c0sm0, I forgot to mention that when I get sleep paralysis as I'm laying down to sleep for the night, I usually get scared (mostly because the sensation of being unable to move is terrifying) and shake my body awake..

after this happens once, as long as I'm laying on my back, I will continue to get sleep paralysis within seconds (including the intense vibrations and the loud windy wooshing noise) every time I close my eyes again.  A couple nights ago, I went into and then shook myself out of sleep paralysis at least 5 or 6 times within about fifteen minutes.  Once it happens, the only way I can stop it from happening again and again is to change position and sleep on my side or on my stomach..

I had no idea that I've had so many countless opportunities to leave my body and astral project over the years.  Its basically effortless for me I guess. I've just never gone all the way through with it.  I have plenty of experience lucid dreaming, but I've never just gone all the way through with the sleep paralysis/leaving my physical body because I hadn't realized that I was on the verge of entering the astral plane or a lucid dream as a direct segue out of my waking state, with no lapse of my conscious mind falling asleep.

Next time I'm definitely gonna try to ride it out.  I'm having my girlfriend place a piece of paper with two random words written on it in her room on top of her TV (she'll change the words every night). If I'm able to leave my body and travel to her house, I can read the words and test whether I'm really in the realm just vibrationally above our physical world.  Then the next morning I can tell her what I read and see if it was actually what she wrote. I would love to prove my experience is real.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13006196 -
Log in to view attachment

And if your a literary dreamer like me what they tell you is the most important! :laugh: I actually had an amazing dream last night where a conversation with Eckhart Tolle left me in tears. I'm entering a phase of my life where I'm getting rid of victim-mentality regarding my perceived downfalls and am embracing my personal power as a sovereign spiritual being... some cool stuff. Emotional releases ftw. :cool: I use a digital voice recorder in the middle of the night to record my dreams, there is no way I would have the willpower to write. I usually don't even open my eyes.

Boneman: Check out the ones I uploaded here too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: BoneMan]
    #13006203 -
Log in to view attachment

Proving it to a loved one would be sweet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #13006210 -
Log in to view attachment

And this is good too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #13007616 -

c0sm0nautt said:
Boneman: Check out the ones I uploaded here too.




wow man, I'm reading this experience of william buhlman called Adventures beyond the body.. and this one part is almost exactly like my dream the other night where a tall glowing man with a beard in robes introduced himself to me as my spirit guide..

"In front of me I could see a wide, green field extending far beyond my room. Looking around, I noticed a figure silently watching me from about ten yards away. It was a tall man with dark hair, a beard, and a purple robe. Startled by his presence, I became frightened and instantly “snapped back” into my physical body."

That same thing happened to me but I didn't wake right up. The man approached me, said he was my spirit guide (or maybe just a spirit guide), said something else and then i woke up.  Its amazing to read this guy Buhlman's experience, I had no idea how similar my dreams have been to astral travel.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: BoneMan]
    #13007798 -

Haha yea that actually what came to mind when I read your account. He also talks about seeing his pet pup later in the book :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirit guide.. or someone/thing appearing to me in a dream. [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #13008810 -

WOW that is an intense dream. I've been having some very vivid and far out dreams as well, but yeah, they are hard to remember 10 minutes later!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Conflict Resolution on the Higher Planes jcldragon 3,581 12 08/29/10 05:57 AM
by jcldragon
* Do Plant Spirits Communicate with us? Or just parts of our own mind? Mystic_Cannibal 1,863 5 02/04/06 08:24 AM
by MushroomTrip
* Dream Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 )
ShroomismM 53,125 253 05/24/24 03:39 AM
by Buster_Brown
* Does anyone experience sleep paralysis?
( 1 2 all )
swinginonspirals 5,685 26 09/28/06 06:20 PM
by LuSiD9
* Dreams recalcitrant 1,377 6 10/25/05 08:14 PM
by leery11
* Dreams as Guides to Self-Awareness? exclusive58 2,925 13 11/08/05 09:42 AM
by exclusive58
* Strange dream thedman 1,125 8 10/08/15 07:36 AM
by once in a lifetime
* that dreaming dejavu thing (some of you will know)
( 1 2 all )
EternalCowabunga 4,968 22 06/27/06 08:25 PM
by wrestler_az

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
3,151 topic views. 0 members, 13 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.