Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: that dreaming dejavu thing (some of you will know) [Re: younikrawn]
    #5790983 - 06/25/06 11:21 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It's weird because a few days ago my sister said something to me in real life and for the first time I was able to prove that I had dreamt it because I had written it down in a dream journal. However, I didn't get the dream dejavu thing, it actually only happens pretty rarely for me

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAcinaxuz
In SomnisVeritas.

Re: that dreaming dejavu thing (some of you will know) [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #5794033 - 06/26/06 09:32 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I read something about it maybe having to do with false memories or a trick of the mind but it doesn't do it for me.

I used to buy into that... but, not for quite a few years now since my most clear experience.

8ish years ago I had a dream of hanging out with who I thought was my mother and her sister when they were younger. When I saw my mother, I thought "that doesn't look like mom... but she's got short hair, that has to be who it is!" I saw my aunt, and myself on the porch. We were all sitting out on the porch with several (15 or so) other people who I knew, but didn't know. We all smoked weed, drank, laughed and sang. Amazed at this kick ass dream, (my mother is not exactly the party girl type...) I immediately called my best friend Charlie. I gave Charlie every detail I could muster, explaining how real this dream felt and he agreed that it was a really awesome dream to experience.

about 5 months later, I took a trip to visit my family out of state. While I was there, I ran into an old friend who told me they would be having a bon-fire party for this kid Jess who was joining the army and I should come. Psyched and partly in mourning, I went... as soon as I got there and sat on the porch I immediately recognized my surroundings AND I met the two girls I thought were my family in the dream. (For the record, they were not related to me, nor had I met them prior to that evening.) Through the rest of the night I began drinking and smoking weed and I was calling out things that would happen to myself in my head, and just as I called them, a few minutes later they happened. I was keeping time with the party in my head, and made mention of it to a couple people there who of course were skeptical. so toward the end of the party I pointed something out before it happened but in the end they surmised I had arranged it with the person it happened to (Jess fell in the hallway about 5 mins after I called it)

The truth is, it didn't matter what they thought--or even what anyone else thought, I knew it was true and that this was something that was actually happening.

I called Charlie after I got home just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I asked him if he remembered me telling him about the dream of tokin with my ma, and after he told me he did, I asked him to repeat it to me... checking against the events that had happened. For my own knowledge, I found out that it's real... it happens... and it's NOT double memory. I'm not saying it couldn't be for some people... but that was not memory... I had the dream, I conciously remembered it--told someone else, and it happened after the fact--and just to make sure I wasn't crazy... checked it against the dream, or at least what Charlie remembered me telling him, which was a pretty detailed run down.

IMHO it's the ability to see the future, I have another explanation based on my spirituality, but, I'll leave that out of this for now as that requires a lot more typing... However, this is all interesting indeed, and I'll prolly put a post of my opinion on all of it later... just for shits and giggles

--------------------
:~:~:~:~{ * }~:~:~:~:{ * }:~:~:~:~{ * }~:~:~:~:

All posts are made with only the intent to entertain myself and should ONLY be read with the understanding that they are FICTICIOUS. I do not warrant information I provide for use in illegal activity of any kind nor do I condone it for any reason. Furthermore, I am not, I have never, nor will I in the future, take ANY part in illegal activites.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: that dreaming dejavu thing (some of you will know) [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #5797174 - 06/27/06 08:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i get this all the time, even more so when under the influence of psychedelics. one time i got to thinking about it during a trip, and came to the conclusion that it is our souls memory overlapping onto our physical ones that cause them... it was an interesting thought, and an interesting trip. but i hold no explanation over another on this matter. they are just too weird to deserve an explanation.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains