Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
The French
    #1296569 - 02/10/03 11:43 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: The French [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1296573 - 02/10/03 11:44 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So they're wimps for refusing to invade another country?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The French [Re: silversoul7]
    #1296581 - 02/10/03 11:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

No, for not agreeing to help a fellow Nato member.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1296595 - 02/10/03 11:50 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Funny. I didn't know another NATO country was in danger from another country. I know of one that has plans to invade another country, but I don't know of any that are being invaded.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleMushMushi
Loc: Canada
    #1296596 - 02/10/03 11:50 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

In this particular issue, I deeply respect their choice.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The French [Re: silversoul7]
    #1296604 - 02/10/03 11:52 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Turkey asked for their pledge, they refused despite treaties.

In my eye, that makes them even bigger assholes than I previously believed.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1296613 - 02/10/03 11:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Haha.

Edited by stonedfish (02/10/03 11:54 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The French [Re: Anonymous]
    #1296622 - 02/10/03 11:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Haha what?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1296641 - 02/10/03 12:00 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Funny picture :laugh:

Anonymous

#1297310 - 02/10/03 03:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i respect them for not supporting bush's war. so what if we're a fellow nato member? are we being attacked by iraq? what if france wanted to invade morocco? would we be pussies for not helping them?

also... this business about the french being pussies for getting beat in WWII... it's really absurd. they got blitzed by a military juggernaut. they never had a chance. most of the rest of europe faired about as well as they did, and it was only due to the sheer power of the combined US and soviet forces that the nazis were narrowly defeated.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: The French [Re: ]
    #1297403 - 02/10/03 03:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

so what if we're a fellow nato member? are we being attacked by iraq?

I think Luv was referring to France not backing the move to militarily back Turkey in the event of a war.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlineehud
Rocket Scientist
Loc: Middle America
Re: The French [Re: Skikid16]
    #1297472 - 02/10/03 04:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think Luv was referring to France not backing the move to militarily back Turkey in the event of a war.

Nope NATO is a defense aliance. France, Germany, and Belgium are stating that they are not required to provide defense for Turkey if a war should break out in that region. Turkey would only call on NATO if they were attacked.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: The French [Re: ehud]
    #1297480 - 02/10/03 04:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Isn't that what I said but in different words?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1298019 - 02/10/03 08:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

lol so america is trying to scape goat france for not being sheep?

Wish some of you war mongers would join up :smile: thin the gene pool a bit :smile:

--------------------
er

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The French [Re: G a n j a]
    #1298064 - 02/10/03 09:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

And I wish you were smart enough to know the difference between a war monger and someone who believes countries should honor their treaties.

You DO realize that there is a difference don't you?

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1298066 - 02/10/03 09:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hahahhahahahahahaha

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

#1298083 - 02/10/03 09:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

This i of course realise as i wasnt calling the french war mongers but you :smile:
as you obviously feel france should bomb some people too so in my book that makes you a war monger so please sign up and bomb at will.saddly you may just be a grunt in the desert but you could throw granades :smile:

--------------------
er

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

#1298089 - 02/10/03 09:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So you feel even if you disagree with something because you signed a treaty long ago you should be forced to help kill people?i would think even treaties should stop around the bombing countrys children mark?do you not?

--------------------
er

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The French [Re: G a n j a]
    #1298103 - 02/10/03 09:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

First while you are obviously a fool, I'm not now, nor have I ever been a war monger.

Secondly, if a country doesn't want to honor a treaty, it should formally withdraw from the treaty. Not just pay it lip service.

Third, it's a DEFENSE treaty. Turkey was asking France to honor a defense treaty, not for help INVADING a country.

Still not seeing the difference? Or are you French?

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (02/10/03 09:33 PM)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1298118 - 02/10/03 09:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The French are actually saying they do not wish to supply any means of defence for Turkey yet. They are not refusing outright. I can understand their posistion as they are trying to encourage diplomatic means to end the crisis in Iraq and arming one of Iraq's neighbours does not really help their cause.

However, I dont believe that those of us who are truly opposed to the war should be praising the French or the Germans. Basically, I believe they want to have as much say in a post Sadaam Iraq as possible. If the US do the main of the invading and the UK do the main of the peace keeping guess who is going to have the most control over what happens there afterwards? The plight of the Iraqi people is not high on the French/German agenda. They are acting out of self interest the same as the UK and the US.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder