Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: PF equador and PF syringes
    #12930 - 04/18/00 12:37 AM (24 years, 4 days ago)

I've grown both the strains side by side before. The straight PF strain does seem more ropey and branchlike than the PF Ecquador strain. The straight PF strain is also very shiny, almost silvery in places, while the PF Ecquadors look like clouds. Be careful when you open the jars to birth the cakes though - if you see wispy cottony growth in the vermiculite seal layer, it is cobwebmold - and throw it out.

MajorJOJO

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
    #12932 - 04/18/00 02:02 AM (24 years, 4 days ago)

um everythig the dude said was correct, except the cobweb bit. Dopnt worry about the web, you will propbably never get it and i wonder how many ppl including my self have throown out perfecrtly good spawn because or fuzzy mycelium. The pf will grow pretty good on cakes, if you put straws in the cakes and fill them with water, you will get about 5 flushes out of the equadors

--------------------
Mad skills, you know this!!!

I am here to Myth Bust

Anonymous

#12933 - 04/18/00 05:07 AM (24 years, 4 days ago)

5150 is right about the cobweb bit. if you see white fuzzies growing through your vermiculite layer, do NOT throw it away unless you are sure it's cobweb mold. mycelium will grow through this layer on occassion.

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/md/artie

Anonymous

#12934 - 04/18/00 06:17 AM (24 years, 3 days ago)

Hey 5150, do you put straws in your EQ's or case them?

------------------
"A good shroom is like a 'sore' peter...You just can't hardly beat it"

Anonymous

#12935 - 04/18/00 03:55 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

About the cobweb mold, you say its uncommon. However I had it in 3 of my 8 jars. (first time growing) It is definitely mold, because it looks differently then the mycellenium, and because it started growing in one of the jars in the very bottom, no where near where I injected the jars..
So if you have a growth that is white, but DIFFERENT then the mycellenium, be carful. I'm still trying to find out however what caused me to get it. Also, does anyone know how dangerous this mold is??

OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
    #12936 - 04/18/00 04:17 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

Im sorry to hear that vinney, it probably wasnt cob web. Dont trash your jars. Cob web isnt that common. Ppl just get it confused with mycelium. If you did everything right, then your pf jars wont get teh web.

i wouldnt case any cakes. cakes are meant to be grown out. Put a straw in the ec's. It will help them out.

--------------------

I am here to Myth Bust

Anonymous

#12937 - 04/18/00 11:40 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

Listen to mycelium, cobweb should never be a problem in spawn/substrate as it occurs mostly on soil, though is spread by air, water, and insects. It mostly only afflicts casings, and is rare at this even, and should never be a problem if you pastuerize your casing properly

Anonymous

#12938 - 04/18/00 11:51 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

will the straws work with the PF spore cakes? how do you put them in the cakes?

OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
    #12939 - 04/19/00 12:17 AM (24 years, 3 days ago)

you cut the straw in half at an angle so it comes to a point, then just push teh straw into the cake. wait a few days then add water. yes always use straws wiht pf cakes, they dont have enough moisture in them for the amount of food in them. also i noticed that pf cakes like to be wet. they drink up the watere like crazy, so forget the drip sheilds. i usally let teh water build up on the cakes as soon as they pin. they just drink it up. and perlite sucks ass, unless you into contams.

--------------------

I am here to Myth Bust

Anonymous

#12940 - 04/19/00 08:50 AM (24 years, 2 days ago)

how deep into the cake do you push the straw

OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
    #12941 - 04/19/00 12:51 PM (24 years, 2 days ago)

a half inch maybe, just so they seal. that is why you wait a few days to add water. so the mycelium can form a seal around the straw. www.fanaticus.com/7cakes.jpg
see teh straws in the cakes.

--------------------

I am here to Myth Bust

OfflineDestroying Angel
enthusiast
    #12942 - 04/19/00 01:17 PM (24 years, 2 days ago)

Hey, I don't want to get anyone in trouble, I'm just curious...

Myc5150, do you know personally the great PF man? If you do, do you know if he posts on the shroomery? He is my hero.

?Angel D

OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
    #12943 - 04/20/00 12:36 AM (24 years, 2 days ago)

i am in contact with him, he says he reads some post, just to catch up on the latest bs. he said he doesnt post here. he said he mainly reads for good laughs.

--------------------

I am here to Myth Bust

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract