Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: DeadHearts]
    #12923591 -

DeadHearts said:
twighead said:
This album is just... so.... fucking good.


Obfuscation - Between the Buried and Me





One of my favorite albums for sure.



BTBAM is like brutal metal for people who think stuff at ozzfest is brutal too.


--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #12923595 -

HeadTripVertigo said:
if you think anything you listen to is more brutal than darkthrone, you are really clueless.



I think Fetus Baker is more brutal than Darkthrone :shrug:



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #12923603 -

well no one knows who the fuck that is.  a blaze in the northern sky and transylvanian hunger basically blew everyone's ass off at that point, and they were pretty unbeatable albums, but I suppose emperor did just as well in their own way.  I don't see any of these other bands setting any such precedents.


--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: DeadHearts]
    #12923604 -

Good Meshuggah :cool:



Groove section at 3:00 is orgasmic

Anybody else love tech death?



--------------------
[]
Space is the place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #12923610 -

HeadTripVertigo said:
DeadHearts said:
twighead said:
This album is just... so.... fucking good.


Obfuscation - Between the Buried and Me





One of my favorite albums for sure.



BTBAM is like brutal metal for people who think stuff at ozzfest is brutal too.



Please take my comment of brutal more seriously please lol.
Clearly not all the shit I listen to is the crazyiest shit anyone
has ever heard. I listen to a lot of different music. Im not tryin
to call anyone out for what they listen to and you should not either.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #12923613 -

HeadTripVertigo said:
well no one knows who the fuck that is.  a blaze in the northern sky and transylvanian hunger basically blew everyone's ass off at that point, and they were pretty unbeatable albums, but I suppose emperor did just as well in their own way.  I don't see any of these other bands setting any such precedents.



Yeah, I was just joking, good black metal is better than anything being posted here. I don't like metal though, so :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: DeadHearts]
    #12923617 -

well I just remember you were acting like a 12 year old a lot a few months ago.  :shrug: 
I have a good memory.


--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #12923626 -

HeadTripVertigo said:
well I just remember you were acting like a 12 year old a lot a few months ago.  :shrug: 
I have a good memory.



What in the hell are you even talking about??
You arguing with me about what is more brutal is pretty
childish IMO. Now answer my question!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: DeadHearts]
    #12923634 -

I'm not arguing with you.  I'm saying you listen to ozzfest music.  uninspired trendy metal.


--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: DeadHearts]
    #12923636 -

DeadHearts said:
HeadTripVertigo said:
well I just remember you were acting like a 12 year old a lot a few months ago.  :shrug: 
I have a good memory.



What in the hell are you even talking about??
You arguing with me about what is more brutal is pretty
childish IMO. Now answer my question!!



The stuff HTV posted was more brutal than you. And opt-outs don't get to demand a question answered :yesnod:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #12923638 -

mongo lloyd said:
DeadHearts said:
HeadTripVertigo said:
well I just remember you were acting like a 12 year old a lot a few months ago.  :shrug: 
I have a good memory.



What in the hell are you even talking about??
You arguing with me about what is more brutal is pretty
childish IMO. Now answer my question!!



The stuff HTV posted was more brutal than you. And opt-outs don't get to demand a question answered :yesnod:



:highfive:


--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #12923656 -

Little kids up here I swear :facepalm:

Should I just bust out the "Im like rubber and ur like glue??"

I mean come on LOL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: DeadHearts]
    #12923673 -

no, u.


--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: DeadHearts]
    #12923680 -



Real fuckin brutal. Im not sayin its bad music but wtf??

But anyways. Hate to do it mongo but anyone I come across
that brings up the opt out shit is getting nigged do to
severely inferior logic and common sense. Headtrip is not worth
nigging :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: DeadHearts]
    #12923684 -

Ah, nig me I don't care. I don't find you a very interesting posteranyways. Also, you mean 'due to' instead of 'do to.'


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #12923688 -

mongo lloyd said:
Also, you mean 'due to' instead of 'do to.'



You are right. take it easy mayng.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: DeadHearts]
    #12923689 -

well it seems most kids are under the impression that metal is only brutal when it's fast and heavy and loud.  That band has some songs that are almost exhausting after they're through based on the build up of backup instruments and atmosphere.  that's why black metal and it's ilk have the potential for much more than death metal in general effect, most of them rely on creating an atmosphere along with the music.  most stuff you posted is just right in your face and ends up fairly one dimensional because that's all it offers.


--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #12923695 -

HeadTripVertigo said:
well it seems most kids are under the impression that metal is only brutal when it's fast and heavy and loud.  That band has some songs that are almost exhausting after they're through based on the build up of backup instruments and atmosphere.  that's why black metal and it's ilk have the potential for much more than death metal in general effect, most of them rely on creating an atmosphere along with the music.  most stuff you posted is just right in your face and ends up fairly one dimensional because that's all it offers.



I can respect that point of view although I do not entirely agree.
There is plenty of black metal I find to be decent but I guess I enjoy
that "right in ur face" anger type shit better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: DeadHearts]
    #12923828 -

DeadHearts said:
mongo lloyd said:
Also, you mean 'due to' instead of 'do to.'



You are right. take it easy mayng.



I was just joking :grin::thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Metal is alive and well [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #12923895 -

HeadTripVertigo said:
well it seems most kids are under the impression that metal is only brutal when it's fast and heavy and loud.  That band has some songs that are almost exhausting after they're through based on the build up of backup instruments and atmosphere.  that's why black metal and it's ilk have the potential for much more than death metal in general effect, most of them rely on creating an atmosphere along with the music.  most stuff you posted is just right in your face and ends up fairly one dimensional because that's all it offers.



99% of Black Metal sounds the same. You can do much more with Death Metal.

For example Abigail Williams IMO put out an album that isn't strictly Black Metal but is hands down better than anything in the genre.


--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Best Metal Album of All Time
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
ShroomismM 13,036 157 09/24/08 07:12 AM
by Psilocybeingzz
* check out these MESHUGGAH LYRICS (this swedish band rocks in case u havent heard!) MiRrOr 3,245 5 02/24/06 01:02 AM
by faslimy
* Metal?
( 1 2 all )
aguynameddan 4,517 25 03/01/03 10:24 AM
by rommstein2001
* Meshuggah WeAreAllOne 775 10 08/29/05 09:11 PM
by Shroomism
* Anyone like death metal?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Brugman 5,832 78 06/25/14 08:26 PM
by indica
* Any Metal Heads on these here message boards?
( 1 2 3 all )
john706 4,885 47 10/18/05 05:05 PM
by DestruKtiKon
* NECROPHAGIST!
( 1 2 all )
junkyardgod 2,625 35 03/28/09 10:16 AM
by zSDMF
* Metal Band Request!!
( 1 2 all )
angryshroom 4,382 30 10/26/06 10:32 PM
by king_cobra

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,030 topic views. 1 members, 7 guests and 116 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.