Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while!
    #12905130 -

Can't wait for the season to start.  That first game against the Vikings is going to be great.  The Vikings' fan shittalk is up there with the whiniest right behind the Patriots.  Anyway, I'm not going to make any predictions yet, because you all know what I think.  Anyway, the Espy Awards agree with me :grin:

Best Male Athlete: Drew Brees
Best Championship Performance: Drew Brees, Super Bowl XLIV
Best Team: New Orleans Saints
Best NFL Player: Drew Brees

Ahh It's nice to have the media on the other side.  Sucking the Saint's and Drew Brees dick just as hard as they hated them a year ago.

Anyway, I'll be back when the season gets closer to go on about how the Saints will go on to be the NFL dynasty of the 2010-2019 decade :smirk:


--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: cortex]
    #12905210 -

Saints will be tough to beat. As for the media, it's only because of Katrina.

I dont think they will repeat, it's too hard in football. Plus Dallas playing in the Superbowl, IN Dallas would be amazing. Id sell an organ to go

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #12905232 -

Nah, Kat was more of the 2006 shit.  They brought it up, but c'mon, the attention is because they won 13 games in a row then won the freaking Super Bowl, bro.

Anyway, tbh, I don't high expectations for a repeat this year.  Fuck, I'm happy now.  Make it to the playoffs at least, and they are still at the top in my book.  We got many years left with Brees and Payton at the helm.  Fuck, in 2013 the Super Bowl is here, that would be a great time for em to win it again.

Who knows though, maybe they will win the next 3 Super Bowls :lol:


--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: cortex]
    #12905253 -

I am just saying, the large emotional appeal was because of Katrina and the sympathy the nation had for a pathetic franchise on the verge of winning their 1st Superbowl.

Let's put it this way, I am hoping I can get Brees with my 1st pick in Fantasy Football.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #12905302 -

Well, I'm just happy it's about the farthest from pathetic that an NFL franchise can be, now.

I'f I get in the FF league, I'll be trying to get Brees too!


--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: cortex]
    #12906309 -

Wait, are you saying the media hated the Saints last season?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: cortex]
    #12906354 -

oh no



you did not just brag about the ESPYs...


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #12906475 -

redstorm: yeah for a lot of it, they were on their jocks, but also, they were always looking for a reason for the saints to lose.  at least the for the super bowl, nobody thought drew brees and the saints could beat mighty, mighty, manning and the colts.  but for most part, I see what you are getting at, and yes, the media was covering the saints non-stop it seemed at points last year.

smokey: :lol: yes, but notice I did it with a grin


--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: cortex]
    #12906595 -

While the media obviously was covering the Saints incessantly (for good reason, it turns out), I certainly do not think it was primarily (or even moderately) negative. The most negative thing that I saw was that most analysts picked Indy to win and I would say it was justified even if it was wrong. The Saints were obviously the better team, but just going on history, it was the safe bet to pick the Colts.

Regarding rooting against them, I'm not sure this happened. Of course analysts would pick against them on a given week. That happens with every team that is undefeated late into the season. It is almost unprecedented for a team to go undefeated in the regular season.

Listen, the Saints were and probably are a great team. No one is going to deny this. If it makes Saints fans feel better and more drawn together because they feel they were disrespected, fine, but I don't think that was actually the reality of the situation. I'm quite certain that after their own hometown teams, almost everyone was rooting for the Saints to do good things because 1) it had been so long since they've done much and 2) it was good for the NO community and it was a good story.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: cortex]
    #12908228 -

>


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: cortex]
    #12908245 -

cortex said:
redstorm: yeah for a lot of it, they were on their jocks, but also, they were always looking for a reason for the saints to lose.  at least the for the super bowl, nobody thought drew brees and the saints could beat mighty, mighty, manning and the colts.  but for most part, I see what you are getting at, and yes, the media was covering the saints non-stop it seemed at points last year.







I disagree.    People were pretty much hand jobbing Drew Brees' nutsack since week 3.


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: cortex]
    #12908600 -

cortex said:
Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while!



:ilold:

:highfive:


--------------------
~ Drill Baby Drill ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: Redstorm]
    #12909124 -

eh, perhaps you're right.  honestly, i have a pretty biased and skewed view of the whole thing :smile2:


--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: cortex]
    #12909183 -

Meh, you're easily the most reasonable Saints' fan here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: Redstorm]
    #12909376 -

Yeah I know, and that's scary :lol:

At least I'm willing to admit when I am being biased, blind, or just plain retarded regarding the Saints.


--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: cortex]
    #12910026 -

I like the saint but im sorry to tell you that even if they get back to the SB, They are going to lose against the Miami Dolphins.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: pandelic]
    #12910046 -

:lol:  That's a pretty good one.


--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey I haven't brought up the Saints in a while! [Re: cortex]
    #12910053 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Saints Vs Falcons
( 1 2 all )
Jim 3,258 20 09/28/06 11:39 AM
by Madtowntripper
* Saints VS Falcons (STFU about Katrina) TheFakeSunRa 1,205 13 12/11/07 02:17 PM
by lonestar2004
* COWBOYS VS SAINTS snoot 932 15 12/11/06 11:26 AM
by Banez
* Geaux Saints.... SneezingPenis 343 1 10/21/06 07:51 PM
by Audi0
* fuckin saints. Banez 787 13 08/30/06 07:18 PM
by Banez
* NFL Playoff Picture
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
WhiskeyClone 17,972 159 01/01/07 09:38 AM
by ArcofaJourney
* Current playoff picture
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Banez 10,144 121 01/19/07 08:39 PM
by Deadmaker
* NFL Playoffs, Motherfuckers
( 1 2 all )
Madtowntripper 4,663 29 01/07/07 10:03 AM
by Pat Bateman, VP

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
1,256 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.