Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Cheshire mostly * 1
    #12908038 -





Location Cheshire, England.  A few funky finds from the last couple of weeks...

1.




2. Is this an insect thing?


3. Laetiporus sulphureus





4. Psathyrella


5. This bright shot may be Chlorociboria aeruginascens


6.


Stuck together:


7.


8.




9.


10.


11. More Psathyrella, different location.




12.  Boo!




13.  Daldiniyummy!  Apparently peasants have used these for night cramp since way back when.




14.  Lancashire Phallus impudicus all eaten, and a Cheshire one intact and reeking to high heaven.




15.  Me.



Edited by Joie (07/16/10 04:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: Joie]
    #12908180 -

1) Polyporus squamosus, methinks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: Joie]
    #12908189 -

Nice sets of pics n finds man:thumbup:
:rotfl: to #12 - - kinda scary:crazy2::laugh:
and that wicked stinkhorn:shocked::rotfl:

I bet that donkey land is your libertycap heaven!!
:cheers:


--------------------
http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #12908463 -

wiscokid said:
I bet that donkey land is your libertycap heaven!!
:cheers:



That's a good idea!  I found some around the deer last season.  :dancer:

Twiztidsage said:
1) Polyporus squamosus, methinks.



Yes that's the thing I wanted!  Amazing again!  :cheers:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: Joie]
    #12908471 -

I might take a trip down Epping Forest soon. My dad says he saw some mushrooms there when he drove past.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: elprawn]
    #12908517 -

Quote:
elprawn said:...when he drove past.



Seriously spottable, that's what I'm liking.  :sun:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: Joie]
    #12908522 -

Yeah it was a bit odd. Maybe he was stuck in traffic. :shrug:

I might get him to drive me down there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: elprawn]
    #12908573 -

My Mom spots and brings me mushrooms sometimes as well!

:bliss:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #12908591 -

Sweet. My dad agreed to drive me down there tomorrow. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: elprawn]
    #12908594 -

Or should that be up there? I think it is ever so slightly North.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: elprawn]
    #12908617 -

Depends if you consider yourself leaving the capital for the home counties, or leaving London and the home counties for the rest of the country, grammatically.  If you don't traverse those boundaries the grammatical vector is longitudinal.  :smile:

Good hunting tomorrow!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: Joie]
    #12908637 -

I don't live in London, I live in a home county. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: elprawn]
    #12908643 -

You're going up then!

:dancer:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: Joie]
    #12908653 -

How do you know? :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: elprawn]
    #12908659 -

elprawn said:
How do you know? :tongue:



elprawn said:
Or should that be up there? I think it is ever so slightly North.




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: elprawn]
    #12908661 -

I just looked it up and it's a mile or two north of my house. :thumbup:

Technically I live in Epping Forest, but the part I live in has been cut down and suburbanised. The remaining area which is actual forest goes from Loughton to Epping.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: elprawn]
    #12908670 -

Properly hope you find the ones we know you're looking for.  :wink:

And some ace edibles.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cheshire mostly [Re: Joie]
    #12908685 -

Cheers, mate. I'm hoping to go there and see what species I can snap and maybe nab a few edibles. Hopefully the rangers won't see me, though, because Epping Forest has its own bylaws and removing anything from the forest is illegal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* happy birthday to elprawn!
( 1 2 all )
maynardjameskeenan 2,327 26 10/21/11 04:40 PM
by suchen
* Cheshire ID, please dash my hopes or otherwise Joie 996 15 10/03/10 02:26 PM
by psychedelicSLUG
* Brilliant blue cup fungus ! Chlorociboria aeruginascens !!
( 1 2 all )
psylosymonreturns 5,311 29 07/20/11 01:31 AM
by maynardjameskeenan
* Hey I need to get an identification on Libertycaps mush2k13 357 7 10/30/14 02:05 PM
by mush2k13
* Chlorociboria aeruginascens or C. aeruginosa, blue wood knarkkorven 3,037 5 09/13/12 01:29 AM
by knarkkorven
* Chlorociboria aeruginascens dodeski 548 5 12/13/13 03:56 PM
by dodeski
* OFFICIAL U.K CYAN DISTRIBUTION THREAD
( 1 2 3 4 ... 143 144 )
libs 236,141 2,877 09/14/22 08:43 AM
by StrongSwimmer
* first hunt first find 2017 cheshire rikki806 340 8 09/11/17 11:42 AM
by Lynchy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,924 topic views. 1 members, 26 guests and 71 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.