Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Substitute teaching
    #12838794 -

I was thinking about substitute teaching for a high school, and how I would actually present myself to and handle the classroom.

I knew a guy who did it just for fun once in a great while. He moved to Portland... he'd go into the classroom and blow the minds of teenagers.  He'd say "I have your teacher's list of assignments we're supposed to do, but we're not going to do them" and toss the folder aside. He'd do open sociological/political etc. discussions, debates, and college style lectures.  The kids loved it. He was maybe 28 at the time, a very young 28, so the kids got along with him very well. 

The coolest thing he did, was say that he didn't do it for the money, and towards the end of the period, to prove this, he would get out his acoustic guitar and play a really obscure, old song that not many people know, and have the kids write down who they thought wrote the song, write their name and their answer on a folded up piece of paper and hand it in, and give the $100 to the person who guessed it correctly.

I think what makes me wanna be a substitute teacher, is the fact that he said out of 20-30 students who guessed, he'd have at least 3 of the pieces of paper that would say something like:

"Jenny, don't know.  P.S. #555-555-5555 <3"

:lol:


--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet





:mushroom2: :beer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #12838809 -

So getting underage girls' phone numbers is the reason you want to substitute teach?

I've taught before and it's rewarding and fun.  I definitely wouldn't be interested in doing it in non-college courses though.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: badchad]
    #12838996 -

Holy shit.

I just realized in 4 years I'm going to be teaching high school chemistry.


That shit is crazy. :retawed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #12839139 -



But honestly, I would not want to teach HS, maybe college or JuCo.

Don't have the temperament to deal w/ HS shenanigans.


--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: MrBump]
    #12839206 -

In a lot of states you have to have a teaching liscence even to substitute teach (unless its private schools).

I was really interesting in teaching for a while. I shadowed some teachers and realized the system is totally fucked. Kind of like your fixation with underage girls.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: Freedom]
    #12839259 -

MrBump said:


But honestly, I would not want to teach HS, maybe college or JuCo.

Don't have the temperament to deal w/ HS shenanigans.



I'm doing HS because if I do, my state will pay off some student loans for me.

It is more like a grant really, but they just say "you owe us money until you teach for 2-4 years."

Freedom said:
In a lot of states you have to have a teaching liscence even to substitute teach (unless its private schools).

I was really interesting in teaching for a while. I shadowed some teachers and realized the system is totally fucked. Kind of like your fixation with underage girls.



I know where I am you just need a set number of college credit hours.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: Freedom]
    #12839400 -

Quote:
Freedom said: I shadowed some teachers and realized the system is totally fucked. Kind of like your fixation with underage girls.



It really is unhealthy.


--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet





:mushroom2: :beer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #12839444 -

maybe you really need a dominatrix to give you a good spanking :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #12839521 -

Sprezzatura said:
I was thinking about substitute teaching for a high school

"Jenny, don't know.  P.S. #555-555-5555 <3"

:lol:




yeah... I'm not seeing a lengthy prison sentence for a few folks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12839828 -

Whoa guys, lots of high school girls are 18. there may be dumb ones who are even older.

I remember when I was actually in school I'd always think "man, if I was a teacher I'd be a cool teacher". Haha, I think that thought goes through a lot of our heads.


--------------------
_______________________________________________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: skunkape]
    #12839967 -

skunkape said:
Whoa guys, lots of high school girls are 18. there may be dumb ones who are even older.

I remember when I was actually in school I'd always think "man, if I was a teacher I'd be a cool teacher". Haha, I think that thought goes through a lot of our heads.


Being 18 won't help when you're fucking them as their teacher. Not just because it's a bad idea in general but most states have laws against it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: Maurer]
    #12839982 -

Would be a pretty cool experience but if any of those students were like what my classmates were like in high school, it would suck.


--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: Vibes]
    #12839993 -

Vibes said:
Would be a pretty cool experience but if any of those students were like what my classmates were like in high school, it would suck.


High school is like 5th grade all over again.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: skunkape]
    #12840238 -

skunkape said:
Whoa guys, lots of high school girls are 18. there may be dumb ones who are even older.

I remember when I was actually in school I'd always think "man, if I was a teacher I'd be a cool teacher". Haha, I think that thought goes through a lot of our heads.



Haha, I thought that :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #12844053 -

When I was in High School, the cut off point was 20.  You couldn't go to regular school if you were 21, you had to go to night school. 

There were many older kids in there.  It was weird going from middle school with a typical age bracket to being a freshman in high school and having classes with 20 year olds when I was 14.

I think perhaps at least 10% of my graduating class were 20-year-olds.


--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet





:mushroom2: :beer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Substitute teaching [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #12844166 -

My graduating class had twice as many girls as boys.


Somewhere around 100ish girls and 50 boys.


It was more even before people were old enough to drop out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New teacher is too hot for my own good...
( 1 2 all )
NewbieS 3,857 29 12/07/06 08:16 AM
by RoosterCogburn
* What Qualifications are needed to become a High school teacher?
( 1 2 all )
Bacardi420 6,242 28 01/03/07 09:55 PM
by Banez
* How do I get a teaching certificate?
( 1 2 all )
BrAiN 2,282 20 06/21/05 01:14 AM
by Vvellum
* My teacher is SO bad Jadian 820 4 02/07/07 07:11 PM
by Noetical
* My history teacher is a jackass
( 1 2 all )
Tomatadunothing 3,261 21 03/16/05 03:35 PM
by Tomatadunothing
* what would u do if u had a picture of ur hot female teacher cheating with a guy?
( 1 2 all )
GetBakedOrDieTry 5,472 32 07/17/06 01:03 PM
by ClammyJoe
* So i'm teaching myself guitar
( 1 2 all )
Phychotron 3,615 22 12/14/04 11:32 PM
by vampirism
* How about becoming a teacher?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Hitman203 6,029 61 12/06/06 05:41 PM
by Liz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
792 topic views. 2 members, 15 guests and 99 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.