Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa
    #12788095 -

Decided to drop past the local community centre on my way home from Centrelink. Went for a wander to a nearby park, some mushies I'd never seen on the field caught my eye. My guess is P. subaeruginosa cos of location and blueing on the stem, but being my first ever self-picked shrooms that actually have a chance of being active I got no knowledge to base that on apart from pictures. There's still some small ones growing, about the size of a midget's, uh, toe, and I'm gonna check back in a day or two and knock them off before the kids in the nearby high school find them. One question, how long do they take to grow to maturity? I found them yesterday, checked back today after work and they didn't seem any bigger at all.

Habitat: In a garden bed near a park, on a medium angled slope next to a tree. The ground was covered in leaves, twigs and gumnuts and there were trees everywhere. Was woodchips nearby in other gardens, but not this particular one. Will take pic of habitat tomorrow
Gills: Light tanned brownish colour
Stem: This is where I'm getting doubts upon writing this. 4-5CM in length and 8-10mm in width under the cap. White patches and some more darker hues all over. Quite solid, only gap from birds-eye view without the cap is a small indented line about the size of a fingernail. Blue-greenish tinge.
Cap: Rather dark brown colour. Weird shape, kind of a pentagon with rounded corners. Got a dark dot in the centre, looks a bit like a pisshole. Colour lightens towards the middle.
Spores: Dark looking brown colour ('smoky brown')
If you need more information, hit me. Hopefully gonna have a feast this weekend :laugh:

Edited by jsnake (06/22/10 11:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: jsnake]
    #12788192 -

Very hard to tell from that crap picture. If it's going blue then yes, if not then no.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: elprawn]
    #12788489 -

elprawn said:
Very hard to tell from that crap picture. If it's going blue then yes, if not then no.



^ lol I agree, but those pics suck ass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: caphillkid]
    #12788500 -

Camera needs to be held further back.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: elprawn]
    #12788512 -

Yeah, sorry about that, I really need a camera. Are there any look-alikes to Ps. sub that have the same spore print? They do have blue streaks all over them, going around the cap and through the stem, but I want a certain yes before I touch them. Found some more shrooms by the way, will upload once I get a spore print.
Ok, lot of negative feedback about the pics. Not incredibly gifted when it comes to photography, but I read that bit about the macro feature and once I figure out how to apply to my camera, I'll get some proper pics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: jsnake]
    #12788525 -

If it doesn't bruise blue then it's Leratiomyces ceres.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: elprawn]
    #12788547 -

Well it isn't staining red, and the caps look nothing like the pics of Leratiomyces ceres I just googled. Yes, it stained blue, but not full bright blue, which I'm guessing rarely happens if at all, but with nude eye you can pick up gray-blue streaks going through the stem. There's also some going around the cap's edge. That black looking shit on the stem is actually a really dull shade of blue. Again, sorry about the dud pictures, if there's no other species apart from Leratiomyces ceres that resembles it then I'd bet my life it's magic. I've seen similar ones to it everywhere, with red/orange caps and orange stains going down the stem, and this doesn't look like it at all. In fact the main reason it caught my eye was that it was a lot more distinguishable at the time compared to everything I'd seen at that point, and I looked under the cap and saw a white stem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: jsnake]
    #12788550 -

Your pics suck ass, and I wouldn't trust my life on them, but for you I'd say those are subs for sure.  :tongue2:  The color balance on your camera seems off btw.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: jsnake]
    #12788556 -

Yeah, state the stated. I don't really wanna shit out my liver, so as soon as it's possible I'll get some proper footage of these little babies and upload :laugh: All I need at this point are whatever species look similar to this shitty pic, and then I'll google them and work it out myself. At least I'm on the right track now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: caphillkid]
    #12788557 -

Fine, eat them. They're subs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: elprawn]
    #12788566 -

They look like what elprawn said due to the red caps.  If they are bruising blue ( I see it in the crappy pics) then they are active for sure, something elprawn also said.  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: jsnake]
    #12788572 -

Sweet as! I'll check back before the weekend with a proper photo anyway just to double check, and in that time I'll consume a little bit of it and see if my stomach explodes in a day. Just so I know, how deadly are Leratiomyces ceres? Thanks by the way guys!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: IDZ PLZ - Psilocybe subaeruginosa [Re: jsnake]
    #12788576 -

Not deadly, probably harmless.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Strange Psilocybe Subaeruginosa find Resolute 5,575 1 06/16/04 10:42 PM
by tryptonite
* Need ID on poss Melbourne Psilocybe subaeruginosa find
( 1 2 all )
Ajna_Chakra 12,306 21 05/01/04 08:26 AM
by McKennaFan200
* doseages for Psilocybe Subaeruginosa???
( 1 2 all )
munter1234 22,159 29 06/02/06 01:18 PM
by thosemynikes
* Indentification (Psilocybe subaeruginosa?) KefkaX 6,813 17 07/03/03 10:14 AM
by KefkaX
* Help be ID these shrooms plz shormmery (pics) mr_shady 996 4 05/24/05 03:21 AM
by Resolute
* blueing, related to the plz plz plz post moshroom 1,187 9 04/22/06 09:25 PM
by moshroom
* Ps.Subaeruginosa looks like Ps.Cyanescens?? Aust?? Zen Peddler 5,978 9 04/10/02 12:42 AM
by Anonymous
* subaeruginosa?
( 1 2 all )
bomshankar 11,951 32 07/10/06 08:41 AM
by _OttO_

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,056 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 37 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.