Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
PNW morels * 2
    #12484788 -

I headed out east all day yesterday.  I checked some of my spots and was coming out empty handed everywhere I looked.  I ended up popping my tire on a forest service road and had to go well out of my way to take care of it.  While I'm waiting to get my tire replaced I notice something in front of the store.  I take a closer look, and no shit, there is a dried up black morel growing out of cedar mulch right there in front of me.  I took this as a good sign and kept hunting after getting a new tire. 

The next spot I looked after the tire incident, I almost walked by a nice patch of perfect black morels.  They were much more tan colored than I have ever seen them, but by the time I took them home they had darkened significantly.  They were blending in real well and I had to get down on my knees and scan the ground to spot them all.  I only found this one patch, but in a couple more weeks, they should be out in abundance.  They were growing with grand fir.

The cedar morel:



The beauties:

       

Habitat shots:

 

Nice view:



Thanks for looking!

Edited by CubeBensies (04/30/10 05:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: CubeBensies]
    #12484816 -

Very cool!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #12484875 -

Congrats! Nice pics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: gandalf579]
    #12484916 -

Nice morels man...
I wonder about something though, I found these here in Portland 2 weeks ago (200 feet above sea level)....







I am shocked that they were up so high, what was your elevation when you found them? it looks like a few thousand feet up in the cascades?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: OregonHerbalist]
    #12484940 -

They were all found under 2000 feet.  The forest roads I was on went up as high as 3600 feet. No morels were found near where I took the view shot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: CubeBensies]
    #12484992 -

Right on...
I had a hunch that you took the view shot up higher than where you found them, but this year has been strange indeed.
I found a few in late march here, shit is crazy..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: OregonHerbalist]
    #12485228 -

nice finds :laugh: i'm guessing you're in oregon?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: lifestream]
    #12485447 -

Nope, Washington

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: CubeBensies]
    #12485606 -

Your forests in PNW are beautiful.  I love the hardwood and hardwood/evergreen of Va but I would LOVE to check out the PNW. Nice finds!  :rockon:


--------------------
cross my heart and hope to die

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: CubeBensies]
    #12485623 -

CubeBensies said:
Nope, Washington



Damn! Is Washington the best place for morels in the world?

Cause it sure as hell appears that way...


--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: psychedelicSLUG]
    #12485628 -

Seems a bloody good area for a whole host of mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: Snip]
    #12485634 -

looking good man! cant wait to find some myself,i am just north of ya in BC .
So were you finding them around those firs, or around those ponderosa pines ? i gotta get up in the forest i think. ive been concentrating on cotton wood habitat but i think i need to change my strategy.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: elprawn]
    #12485688 -

elprawn said:
Seems a bloody good area for a whole host of mushrooms.



This is very true... I hope to visit there one day!


--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #12485762 -

I usually find them in a mix of ponderosa/lodgepole pines with mixed firs.  These were found with only grand firs around.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: CubeBensies]
    #12487896 -

nice id have to drive far to see lodgepoles and ponderosas! grand firs on the other hand are close.
thanks for the tip man!:smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #12487968 -

Lodgepoles are semi-common ornamental trees here in WA.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #12488020 -

they are eh. i usually know my shrubs around here because i make bonsai trees. they us mugo and black pines here mostly. dont recall seeing many lodgepoles, or i would have bought one for training.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #12488025 -

I know they are kinda common in my neighborhood at least....

I have one in my yard, and there are a few outside of the local schools around here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PNW morels [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #12488134 -

we are only a few hours away from each other .but the landscaping in seattle seems much different then here.
we are in different countries though. :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* PNW morels! Suntzu 734 8 04/07/09 02:42 PM
by Razoom
* A swell day for morel hunting in Washington. (PICS) Stymee 4,510 14 05/06/04 07:28 PM
by cardboard
* PNW morels fliped 1,035 5 04/14/04 09:15 PM
by fliped
* eastern washington morels james951 1,095 0 05/25/05 04:52 PM
by james951
* Are these morels sporebutter 455 2 05/08/08 02:44 PM
by nobhdy
* Washington Morels spores 1,795 12 04/21/07 09:18 AM
by spores
* PNW haul pictures fliped 1,663 11 11/10/07 09:31 PM
by notapillow
* Washington morels spores 13,798 19 04/30/06 10:42 AM
by Psilygirl

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
2,858 topic views. 0 members, 29 guests and 93 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.