Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12300550 -

Thanks for all of your hard work.  I hope it doesn't seem like we're ganging up on you, I just wanted to help.

Should we still report the slow downs?  Or do you have enough info to track it down now?  If so, time stamps?


--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (03/30/10 04:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12300630 -

Again Ythan, I love the site. It really has made my life better but these slowdowns of late are real.
At least on my end.
I thought that maybe I needed to put on my tin foil hat or something. :shrug:
I don't know why but it really does hang up and stick.
You won't hear me complain, because it's the internet and not life giving water.


I have the best idea evar.
Come to my  house and lets debug from here.
We'll stay baked and I'll cook on the grill.
:heart:
Still the best site on the net.

You should start a new one and don't let all the kids know. :smile:
I'll sign up and support it.
Just bring some of the cool people (you know who you are).

Yes, that is the best idea ever.


:pm:


--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12300746 -

at 6:05pm for like 20 seconds the only thing that would load for me was the top bar.  unrelated?  :shrug:


--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #12301017 -

i think this is my most successful thread ever.


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12301095 -

I've been getting issues several times a day for the past month or so as well.  I'm not sure if it's exactly the same problem everyone else is having.

Every once in a while, when navigating shroomery, I get an immediate error message in a popup, as well as the usual "This page cannot be displayed" message in the actual browser.

If I close the error, and try using the refresh button, the page will just hang indefinitely.

But if I close the error, and close the browser, I can immediately navigate back to the page without any issues.

It's not bothering me much, as all I need to do is close the browser.  But I figured extra information might make your job easier.

I don't remember what the error message said, but I'll post it as soon as it happens again.

Thanks

Edit:  Just happened again.



This popup came immediately after I clicked the unread post.

After pressing OK, I am immediately directed to this page:


Edited by BothHands (03/30/10 06:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: BothHands]
    #12301327 -

That would seem to me to be a local problem (on your computer) and not with the Shroomery, but I could be wrong.


--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12301495 -

Heh... I believe you, and I'm doing my best. As I fix the easy stuff, what's left is more complicated and takes longer to figure out. I'll consider myself on "slow site notice" for now, and ask that people please post if it gets noticeably better.

Also please don't freak out if I break the site for a minute or two. I can try to ensure 100% uptime during maintenance, but it complicates things even further. I'd rather just get the friggin thing fixed, even if it means you have to stare at my ugly mug for a bit.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12301527 -

since i first posted i've noticed a large improvement.  i can't recall it happening today, and maybe only happened for 30 seconds or so in the past 2 days?  i dunno my memory could be wrong.


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: truekimbo2]
    #12301769 -

I'm very glad to hear that, it means at least some of my work hasn't been in vain. :crazy: I made more changes this evening so maybe some other people will start to see improvements too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #12301891 -

HagbardCeline said:
That would seem to me to be a local problem (on your computer) and not with the Shroomery, but I could be wrong.



It only happens on the shroomery though.  No other website has ever done anything like this in the few years that I've had this computer.

It only started about a month ago, and it only happens on Shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: BothHands]
    #12301914 -

It is a real problem and I'll do my best to fix it. Could you please keep track of which pages it happens on (looks like postlist.php at least), and also when it happens, ie. immediately on page load, or after you perform some type of action like mousing over a link or scrolling or something?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12302008 -

So to clarify, do you only want us posting when it's better now, or still reporting problems and the time they occur?


--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #12302070 -

You don't need to post about freezing or poor performance, but please continue to report any bugs you encounter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12302094 -

Ythan said:
It is a real problem and I'll do my best to fix it. Could you please keep track of which pages it happens on (looks like postlist.php at least), and also when it happens, ie. immediately on page load, or after you perform some type of action like mousing over a link or scrolling or something?




I already have Internet Explorer 8.  According to Microsoft: "This problem no longer happens on Explorer 8"

The error happens as soon as I click a link in the shroomery, before page load.  I'm not sure what postlist.php is though.

I'll download firefox and see if it happens there, I guess.


Anyway, it's not bothering me much.  Just figured it might be relevant to your current problems.

If it's a problem with my computer, I'm very sorry for wasting your time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: BothHands]
    #12302625 -

Well, Firefox is great and I think you'd probably be very happy with it, but my goal is to support all current browsers. So don't worry about imposing or anything, I want to get this working. Actually I think there's about a 72% chance that it may be fixed already. :grin: It's difficult for me to reproduce reliably, but I did get it to happen, and after making the changes suggested by Microsoft I haven't been able to cause the error anymore. So if you like IE, don't give up on it yet. It may work now, and if not I'll keep plugging away at it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12310160 -

I was having a lot of problems a week or two ago, I thought it was just me until I found this thread...



For a good couple of days, the forum would hang like everyone else has reported. I noticed it would ONLY hang when trying to access the forum. The portal and related pages would load fine, but trying to load a thread or even roll over preview a thread would show up. It just kept waiting indefinitely, not even timing out. (I am using Chrome 4.1 by the way). I would leave the tab open to load while I surfed elsewhere on the net (cause my feelings were hurt :frown: ) and sooner or later I would notice that it had finally loaded.

At one point it was doing this very often (5 minutes out of every 10, I'd guesstimate). A couple of times, while it was hanging, I opened Shroomery up in Firefox and it loaded fine (while Chrome wasn't) and after awhile Firefox did the same thing. At one point, I was going back and forth between Chrome and FF just to browse the forums.


I haven't been as active lately, so I can't really say for sure if it's improved, but I'm pretty sure it's not as bad as it was.

It still hangs momentarily at random times of the day for very brief periods of time (like just 20 minutes ago).


--------------------
:blankbubble:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Shroomery problem or my problem? 3eyedgod 1,250 2 12/11/02 11:36 AM
by 3DSHROOM
* Problems Posting - Not A Valid Host AnnoA 1,964 4 12/07/03 04:03 PM
by Xochitl
* Experiencing Technical Difficulties... Anonymous 2,643 18 09/27/02 03:18 PM
by 3DSHROOM
* Excellent site, however a humble suggestion... Springbok 1,575 6 04/18/01 07:14 PM
by Springbok
* AnotherGreat Entheogenic Site Closes Down Due to Assholes mjshroomer 1,147 2 04/09/03 03:20 AM
by blaze2
* Web Site timing out? Innvertigo 1,196 2 06/11/01 12:11 PM
by 3DSHROOM
* BB upgrade problems, questions? Post here.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ThorA 12,142 69 01/22/03 12:34 PM
by goldtop
* Re: Why couldn't I access the Shroomery for a whole day?!?! Anonymous 835 7 12/10/99 11:22 PM
by Aphex

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
4,827 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 17 queries.