Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12249128 -

Just to add, since I posted this last night (actually even before by a short while) I haven't seen the lag.  But since the lag had never been consistent, I thought I should still have let you know.


--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12254024 -

Ythan said:
I'm curious if anybody is noticing any improvements vs. a couple days ago?



better, but still having errors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12256820 -

Okay, today I re-wrote the functionality which was causing the freezing. Please note that the site may occasionally still be slow when there's a lot of traffic, but that's a separate issue and it's nothing new. The main thing is that those frequent, recurring timeouts should be resolved. If anyone continues to notice problems, please let me know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12273443 -

So this evening it's been slow again.  How can we tell if something is wrong or if it's just high traffic?  What's considered a lot of users?  Right now it's reading 503 were active in the last 10 minutes.

The slow load times are still very inconsistent to I'm apt to believe it's high traffic, but I wonder if that can explain it fully.  One second pages will load instantly and the next they load slowly.  Even when they're loading slowly they average 10-15 seconds for me but a few times this evening they've taken 45 seconds or more.  I've checked other pages a couple of times while waiting and they all quickly loaded.


--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: HagbardCeline] * 1
    #12273668 -

I am convinced that there are spiders in the engine.
That's bad.


--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12273670 -

268 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.

No spiders.  :shrug:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #12275810 -

I'll keep looking into this, I think I have an idea why it might have stalled a few times last night so let's see if it's any better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12296812 -

Just a quick note that I addressed another problem which could have been affecting our performance. Hopefully this will clear up the vast majority of the stalls and may even lead to a snappier browsing experience overall.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12296924 -

Hmm, I figured I just commment in this thread rather than start a new one.

I don't know why, but a few times tonight while browsing the shroomery as I usually do, certain threads just would not load, and I would have to reload it multiple times for it to get through. It would only load a blank white page when it didn't work.

Like, right now I can't get to this thread at all.


--------------------
I find myself yearning for clouds returning, all that the rain promises, and more...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: bardleyrichard]
    #12296950 -

Sorry, that was caused by the work I was doing. Everything should be functioning 100% now so if you continue to experience problems please let me know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12297002 -

Ythan said:
Sorry, that was caused by the work I was doing. Everything should be functioning 100% now so if you continue to experience problems please let me know.



Sweet!
Everything is working great now:smile:

I just want to let you know that we all appreciate your work here so much, seriously, I've never been to another message board with users, mods, and admins that even compare to this site.

:awethumb:


--------------------
I find myself yearning for clouds returning, all that the rain promises, and more...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: bardleyrichard]
    #12297082 -

Thank you man, we do our best. :laugh: Glad it's working now!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: bardleyrichard]
    #12297414 -

bardleyrichard said:
I just want to let you know that we all appreciate your work here so much, seriously, I've never been to another message board with users, mods, and admins that even compare to this site.

:awethumb:




THIS^^^^  :thumbup:


--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12297602 -

Ythan said:
Sorry, that was caused by the work I was doing. Everything should be functioning 100% now so if you continue to experience problems please let me know.



Just had a hang at 9:14 est.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12297756 -

Ythan, i'm still gettin errors like I was.  The problem seemed to have been resolved, but today i'm experiencing Déjà vu.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #12298004 -

I too had serious issues this morning around 7am central time.
I basically just have to disconnect from the internet because I can't even log out a lot of the time when it hangs.
I suppose/hope that when a logged on user disconnects from the internet we are automatically logged out of the shroomery right?


--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12298350 -

I don't.  I physically have to hit the log off button, otherwise i'm always logged on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12299146 -

gngsteroflove said:
I too had serious issues this morning around 7am central time.



Thanks man that timestamp really helped narrow it down. Pretty sure I know what the problem was, it's the script that generates an XML sitemap for Google. The good news is it only runs once a month, so I should have plenty of time to work out a fix.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Ythan]
    #12299896 -

Thanks -Y,
Is disconnecting from the internet when I can't log off good enough from a home computer?
It's not at a public place or anything but I'm just curious.


NINJA EDIT: 3:50ish central time and it's hanging up again but if I wait long enough, I can navigate.
I'm not bitching, just trying to help. :thumbup:


--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

Edited by Epilson Lyrae (03/30/10 02:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: strange problem accessing site. [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12300341 -

If you don't select the "remember me" option when signing in, then all you have to do is close your browser and you'll be logged off. If you do use that option, then you'd need to clear your cookies for shroomery.org to actually be logged out (assuming you can't reach http://www.shroomery.org/forums/logout.php).

I'll keep investigating the slowdowns, I do see them in the logs but I'm not sure why they're happening. We may need to switch to a database with row-level locking instead of table-level. Queries which should complete in fractions of a second are hanging for 10+ and it's MADNESS I TELL YOU!!

For what it's worth I don't think it's actually any worse now than it was, say, two months ago, people are just on the lookout for performance problems now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Shroomery problem or my problem? 3eyedgod 1,250 2 12/11/02 11:36 AM
by 3DSHROOM
* Problems Posting - Not A Valid Host AnnoA 1,964 4 12/07/03 04:03 PM
by Xochitl
* Experiencing Technical Difficulties... Anonymous 2,643 18 09/27/02 03:18 PM
by 3DSHROOM
* Excellent site, however a humble suggestion... Springbok 1,575 6 04/18/01 07:14 PM
by Springbok
* AnotherGreat Entheogenic Site Closes Down Due to Assholes mjshroomer 1,147 2 04/09/03 03:20 AM
by blaze2
* Web Site timing out? Innvertigo 1,196 2 06/11/01 12:11 PM
by 3DSHROOM
* BB upgrade problems, questions? Post here.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ThorA 12,154 69 01/22/03 12:34 PM
by goldtop
* Re: Why couldn't I access the Shroomery for a whole day?!?! Anonymous 835 7 12/10/99 11:22 PM
by Aphex

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
4,827 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.