Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME * 3
    #12282812 -

Absolutely hilarious.  "The Secret"

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2X2TB3S4O5I60/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Quote:
Please allow me to share with you how "The Secret" changed my life and in a very real and substantive way allowed me to overcome a severe crisis in my personal life. It is well known that the premise of "The Secret" is the science of attracting the things in life that you desire and need and in removing from your life those things that you don't want. Before finding this book, I knew nothing of these principles, the process of positive visualization, and had actually engaged in reckless behaviors to the point of endangering my own life and wellbeing.


At age 36, I found myself in a medium security prison serving 3-5 years for destruction of government property and public intoxication. This was stiff punishment for drunkenly defecating in a mailbox but as the judge pointed out, this was my third conviction for the exact same crime. I obviously had an alcohol problem and a deep and intense disrespect for the postal system, but even more importantly I was ignoring the very fabric of our metaphysical reality and inviting destructive influences into my life.


My fourth day in prison was the first day that I was allowed in general population and while in the recreation yard I was approached by a prisoner named Marcus who calmly informed me that as a new prisoner I had been purchased by him for three packs of Winston cigarettes and 8 ounces of Pruno (prison wine). Marcus elaborated further that I could expect to be raped by him on a daily basis and that I had pretty eyes.


Needless to say, I was deeply shocked that my life had sunk to this level. Although I've never been homophobic I was discovering that I was very rape phobic and dismayed by my overall personal street value of roughly $15. I returned to my cell and sat very quietly, searching myself for answers on how I could improve my life and distance myself from harmful outside influences. At that point, in what I consider to be a miraculous moment, my cell mate Jim Norton informed me that he knew about the Marcus situation and that he had something that could solve my problems. He handed me a copy of "The Secret". Normally I wouldn't have turned to a self help book to resolve such a severe and immediate threat but I literally didn't have any other available alternatives. I immediately opened the book and began to read.


The first few chapters deal with the essence of something called the "Law of Attraction" in which a primal universal force is available to us and can be harnessed for the betterment of our lives. The theoretical nature of the first few chapters wasn't exactly putting me at peace. In fact, I had never meditated and had great difficulty with closing out the chaotic noises of the prison and visualizing the positive changes that I so dearly needed. It was when I reached Chapter 6 "The Secret to Relationships" that I realized how this book could help me distance myself from Marcus and his negative intentions. Starting with chapter six there was a cavity carved into the book and in that cavity was a prison shiv. This particular shiv was a toothbrush with a handle that had been repeatedly melted and ground into a razor sharp point.


The next day in the exercise yard I carried "The Secret" with me and when Marcus approached me I opened the book and stabbed him in the neck. The next eight weeks in solitary confinement provided ample time to practice positive visualization and the 16 hours per day of absolute darkness made visualization about the only thing that I actually could do. I'm not sure that everybody's life will be changed in such a dramatic way by this book but I'm very thankful to have found it and will continue to recommend it heartily.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: memes]
    #12282839 -

Wow!  That's awesome!


--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: memes] * 3
    #12282846 -

good but i dont think anything compares to Moon People.

http://www.amazon.com/Moon-People-Dale-M-Courtney/dp/1436372135


i dont think the excerpt from the book is on amazon anymore. its like a 4th grader wrote this piece of shit.

found it:



--------------------

Edited by frith (03/27/10 01:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: memes]
    #12282848 -

:ilold:

Fucking awesome! :grin:


--------------------
Over one's mind and over one's body the individual is sovereign.
John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(1806 - 1873)
My UPDATED UK supplies thread
My first trip report-Amsterdam wanderings
Stonesun's sclerotia infodump
Proudly discovered Highly Sensitive Person ~2009
To all you good gents, I say :hatsoff:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: kanglow]
    #12282862 -

:ilold:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #12283211 -

this thread is awesome :lol:


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #12283373 -

I forgot i made it - i was so high earlier.  :rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: memes]
    #12283451 -

This thread is golden.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: memes]
    #12283486 -

tldr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: druqs]
    #12283490 -

Dude that kid's writing is fucking roflkoptor

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: memes]
    #12283554 -

meams said:
Dude that kid's writing is fucking roflkoptor




Brilliance!


+1 and such to RP :laugh:


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: memes]
    #12283582 -

k, read the first one. Its okay but reads as if written by a 16 year old.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: druqs] * 1
    #12283725 -

Here is another hilarious amazon review.  Not a book, this time its for high end audio cables.
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1269726084&sr=8-1
Quote:
I knew my day was going to improve when the truck pulled up at my home with this cable deep within. No ordinary truck, this one was Holy White, and the gold Delivery logo sparkled like a thousand suns reflected through shards of the purest ice formed with unadulterated water collected at the beginning of the universe. The driver, clad in a robe colored the softest of white, floated towards me on the cool fog of a hundred fire extinguishers. He smiled benevolently, like a father looking down upon his only child, and handed me a package wrapped in gold beaten thin to the point where you could see through it. I didn't have to sign, because the driver could see within my heart, and knew that I was pure. Upon opening the package, an angelic choir started to sing, and reached a crescendo as I laid this cable on my stereo system. Instantly, my antiquated equipment transformed into components made from the clearest diamond-semiconductor. The cable knew where to go, and hooked itself into the correct ports without help from me - all the while, the choir sang praises to the almighty digital god. With trepidation, I pushed "play," and was instantly enveloped in a sound that echoed the creation of all matter, a sound that vibrated every cell in my body to perfection. I was instantly taken to the next plane, where I saw the all-father. I knew with my entire soul, that all was good in the world.

But then I realized the cable was blue, so I only gave it one star. I hate blue./quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: Rumblefishtwist] * 1
    #12283733 -

http://www.amazon.com/JL421-Badonkadonk-Land-Cruiser-Tank/dp/B00067F1CE



Product Features

    * Carries cargo or a crew of up to five internally or on the roof.
    * Piloted from within the armored shell or from an exposed standing position through the hatch.
    * 6hp Tecumseh gasoline engine, top speed 40 mph.
    * Includes head/tail and turn signal lights, trim and underbody lighting.
    * 400 watt premium sound with PA system, plush interior, and external camera.

Product Description
The JL421 Badonkadonk is a completely unique, extremely rare land vehicle and battle tank. Designed with versatility in mind, the Donk can transport cargo or a crew of five internally or on the roof, and can be piloted from within the armored shell or from an exposed standing position through the hatch, thanks to special one-way steel mesh armor windows and a control stick that pivots up and down to allow piloting from the standing or seated positions. The interior is fully carpeted and cozy, with accent lighting and room for up to five people. A 400 watt premium sound system with PA is mounted to project sound both into the cabin and outward from behind the windows. The exterior is a steel shell with a rust patina, and features head and tail lights, turn signal lights, trim lighting, underbody lighting, fixed slats protecting the windows, and a unique industrial-strength rubberized flexible skirt that shields and protects the wheels to within an inch of the ground, while still allowing for enough flex to give clearance over bumpy and uneven terrain. Master power, ignition, all lighting, and stereo features are controlled from a single switchboard to the left of the driver, again accessible from either the seated or standing position. Standard drive is an air-cooled, 6hp Tecumseh gasoline (unleaded only) engine, with centrifugal clutch, giving the Donk a top speed of 40 mph. This vehicle is not licensed for use on public roads, and is intended as a recreational vehicle only. Badonkadonks are produced on an order-by-order basis, with each one having it's own unique set of features. With your order is included unlimited consultations with the designer and manufacturer concerning all relevant options (a representative from NAO will contact you shortly after your order). Price does not include shipping and handling.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: deCypher]
    #12283824 -

This thread is the best.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: memes]
    #12283990 -

this is all just amazing :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: Hendostan]
    #12284146 -

I realized my deeper connection to everything when I got to chapter 6 and found the hidden toothbrush shank that I would soon be stabbing someone in the neck with....


--------------------
Tenet Nosce


You tell me the music industry is dead. I tell you that music never should have been industrialized in the first place.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: Rumblefishtwist]
    #12284171 -

Rumblefishtwist said:
Here is another hilarious amazon review.  Not a book, this time its for high end audio cables.
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1269726084&sr=8-1
Quote:
I knew my day was going to improve when the truck pulled up at my home with this cable deep within. No ordinary truck, this one was Holy White, and the gold Delivery logo sparkled like a thousand suns reflected through shards of the purest ice formed with unadulterated water collected at the beginning of the universe. The driver, clad in a robe colored the softest of white, floated towards me on the cool fog of a hundred fire extinguishers. He smiled benevolently, like a father looking down upon his only child, and handed me a package wrapped in gold beaten thin to the point where you could see through it. I didn't have to sign, because the driver could see within my heart, and knew that I was pure. Upon opening the package, an angelic choir started to sing, and reached a crescendo as I laid this cable on my stereo system. Instantly, my antiquated equipment transformed into components made from the clearest diamond-semiconductor. The cable knew where to go, and hooked itself into the correct ports without help from me - all the while, the choir sang praises to the almighty digital god. With trepidation, I pushed "play," and was instantly enveloped in a sound that echoed the creation of all matter, a sound that vibrated every cell in my body to perfection. I was instantly taken to the next plane, where I saw the all-father. I knew with my entire soul, that all was good in the world.

But then I realized the cable was blue, so I only gave it one star. I hate blue./quote]



:rofl: that's WIN

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: memes] * 2
    #12284336 -

Amazon has some amazingly hilarious reviews. Here's one of my favorites, it has tons of funny reviews:


Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz
Quote:
He always brought home milk on Friday.

After a long hard week full of days he would burst through the door, his fatigue hidden behind a smile. There was an icy jug of Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz in his right hand. With his left hand he would grip my waist - I was always cooking dinner - and press the cold frostiness of the jug against my arm as he kissed my cheek. I would jump, mostly to gratify him after a time, and smile lovingly at him. He was a good man, a wonderful husband who always brought the milk on Friday, Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz.

Then there was that Friday, the terrible Friday that would ruin every Friday for the rest of my life. The door opened, but there was no bouyant greeting - no cold jug against the back of my arm. There was no Tuscan Whole Milk in his right hand, nor his left. There came no kiss. I watched as he sat down in a kitchen chair to remove his shoes. He wore no fatigue, but also no smile. I didn't speak, but turned back to the beans I had been stirring. I stirred until most of their little shrivelled skins floated to the surface of the cloudy water. Something was wrong, but it was vague wrongness that no amount of hard thought could give shape to.

Over dinner that night I casually inserted,"What happened to the milk?"
"Oh,"he smiled sheepishly, glancing aside,"I guess I forgot today."

That was when I knew. He was tired of this life with me, tired of bringing home the Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz. He was probably shoveling funds into a secret bank account, looking at apartments in town, casting furtive glances at cashiers and secretaries and waitresses. That's when I knew it was over. Some time later he moved in with a cashier from the Food Mart down the street. And me? Well, I've gone soy.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best Amazon book review of ALL TIME [Re: Gumby]
    #12284468 -

lol nice

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Recommend some books
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
dblaney 6,937 89 11/21/05 05:56 PM
by dblaney
* The best book you've ever read?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
13eetleJuice 9,934 84 04/11/17 01:35 AM
by Big Worm
* I need a good book!
( 1 2 all )
felix 6,007 38 04/16/04 08:47 PM
by OldSpice
* List your favorite related books Limelight 2,059 18 04/13/05 07:46 PM
by Beentothere
* Amazon is the tits newuser1492 1,279 5 03/31/05 05:00 PM
by In(di)go
* Ten Most Harmful Books
( 1 2 all )
DNKYD 4,075 37 06/08/05 05:47 PM
by In(di)go
* Post/review the books you have read recently tomk 1,425 19 05/19/05 07:23 PM
by InsatiableThirst
* Books World Spirit 2,117 17 05/21/03 06:55 AM
by World Spirit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,569 topic views. 4 members, 277 guests and 254 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.