Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePNW FunGuy
Psilocybian
Male User Gallery

Wtf - Jar edition -UPDATE- Wtf - tub edition?!
    #12021241 - 02/13/10 11:44 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

UPDATED
So it turns out I really do get bored enough to try just about anything, I made a colony of the pictured jar below, 10 pints, every time the jar would contam and a week later it would be fluffy fresh smelling mushroom mycelium. no shit, every single one.

I spawned these to a 56qt monotub that's been decommissioned due to pretty nasty spore stains ( I like my things to be pretty :smile: ) and was discouraged last week after watching it get to about 80% colonized and then over 2 days, go super ugly green, but being as curious as I was already and being as I'm building a clean room to go about my hobby now anyway I just left it around in my living room, almost a week later...wtf do ya know? it's colonizing with some of the fastest growth I've ever seen. I know the difference between mush myc and mold myc, especially after watching this phenomena reoccur 12 times now. i even harvested a couple of mushrooms off of the one jar (original wtf) pictured below, ate em for my birthday. Felt fine and had a blast. Anyone ever been curious/lazy enough to witness this before? very very strange, I'd be happy to get in touch with someone interested enough in trying to figure it out.

Thanks guys!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I was doing my jars for my next round a little less than a month ago, one of them contaminated and I set it aside to be thrown out later, well me being a stoner it just kinda sat there until about 2 weeks later and I realized this jar which was almost COMPLETELY dark olive green.....was now fully colonized... unfortunately I don't have any pictures of this in progress, but out of curiosity I did a transfer with it, transfer is doing great.

on one hand this sounds like the strongest genetics I've ever encountered, on the other, spreading once-contaminated rye into one of my monotubs doesn't sound like a very good idea.

Anybody got any input?

I put up a couple pictures of the transferred jars if you'd like to check em out, thanks funguys n fungals

--------------------
"The edge, there is no honest way to explain it, because the only ones who know where it is are the ones who have gone over." Dr. HST, the true king of fun - RIP

Federal Bureau of Keeping Juice
Special Agent Fun Guy.

Edited by PNW FunGuy (03/15/10 03:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletruskool Happy Birthday!
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Wtf - Jar edition [Re: PNW FunGuy]
    #12021437 - 02/13/10 12:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Lets see a pic.  I have had this happen before.  I wouldnt suggest spawning a jar such as yours but I have fruited them successfully

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

OfflineRandomstickynote
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX Flag
    #12021642 - 02/13/10 01:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PNW FunGuy said:
So I was doing my jars for my next round a little less than a month ago, one of them contaminated and I set it aside to be thrown out later, well me being a stoner it just kinda sat there until about 2 weeks later and I realized this jar which was almost COMPLETELY dark olive green.....was now fully colonized... unfortunately I don't have any pictures of this in progress, but out of curiosity I did a transfer with it, transfer is doing great.

on one hand this sounds like the strongest genetics I've ever encountered, on the other, spreading once-contaminated rye into one of my monotubs doesn't sound like a very good idea.

Anybody got any input?

I put up a couple pictures of the transferred jars if you'd like to check em out, thanks funguys n fungals

Yeah, don't spawn it with other healthy grain. If you're willing to risk it, and you've got a tray to spare and the sub to spare you can spawn it to it's own tray and isolate it from all of your other projects (IMPORTANT), because it could very well just be mold mycelium that you're seeing (the green is the mold spores, not the mold itself)

--------------------
AMU

OfflinePNW FunGuy
Psilocybian
Male User Gallery

Re: Wtf - Jar edition [Re: Randomstickynote]
    #12024159 - 02/13/10 09:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

alrighty, pitchers

Here's where it started, this is the jar that I transferred from that was initially contaminated, as you can see, it's not mold myc :smile:

here's one that I transferred to, I know the pictures suck but you can kind of see how dark the berries are even through the new myc

Kinda cool, what ever is going on

--------------------
"The edge, there is no honest way to explain it, because the only ones who know where it is are the ones who have gone over." Dr. HST, the true king of fun - RIP

Special Agent Fun Guy.

OfflinePNW FunGuy
Psilocybian
Male User Gallery

#12207093 - 03/15/10 03:28 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

update on OP

--------------------

Special Agent Fun Guy.

InvisibleSomeNewGuy
Sir

#12207129 - 03/15/10 03:36 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

The mold spores are just germinating turning to white mold myc hidden amongst the mushroom myc.

--------------------
Looking for Oyster and Ps. Cyan. Trade. PM me

OfflinePNW FunGuy
Psilocybian
Male User Gallery

Re: Wtf - Jar edition [Re: SomeNewGuy]
    #12207171 - 03/15/10 03:45 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

no no no,  I've watched this happen again and again, all sparked from watching the original jar pinning from all sides, a couple of fruits I personally consumed, which was previously contaminated, I know it sounds really far fetched but I'm not messing around, it starts white, spores to green - makes me believe the original infection is trichoderma - which is then consumed by ropey love and then pins in a big hurry, I see the progress daily, it's really hard to show through a phone cam but you can really tell the difference when it's in progress, it's really messing with my head... I'll put up some pics with the tub in it if everyone promises not to complain lol.

I've done this on/off for 8 years now, I know my mold/fungi to an extent that I can assure you all that it is definitely not mold mycelium.

--------------------

Special Agent Fun Guy.

OfflineSimonJester
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountains
    #12207876 - 03/15/10 05:41 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

I've had a few jars overtake patches of trich, but they become compost. The ropes seem to go over the top of the green spore layer. I'm pretty sure the spores are just buried underneath though. Lurking.

Its just trich that didn't move faster. The cubes got to the food first.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom