Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Psychedelics for Migraines - My Story * 1
    #12159133 -

Hi,

I know there have been posts about migraines and psychedelics before but I thought I would add some information for those of you who suffer like I do.

I have suffered from migraines since childhood and I tried various drugs but without much luck. I did not know what else to do. However, I remembered an episode of House where he had a migraine and he took LSD to abort the migraine. I did not think much of it at the time, however,  a few years went on and I had 3 nurses who told me to try LSD. I thought they might be onto something.

I started to do some research into this so I browsed through the internet and some medical journals and it was revealed that psychedelics have been used successfully to abort and even prevent migraines and cluster headaches. Time went by and one night whilst at a party a guy was selling some mushroom caps. I bought a few and kept them on hand for some experimentation (and some fun).

Anyway, one day I got a shocking migraine and although I was worried about taking magic mushrooms for the first time I was in so much pain that I didn't care any more. I was also stressed because I had to work on my thesis for university and having a migraine doesn't help. Close to an hour after taking  the mushroom caps I felt no pain and I was happy and laughing. I also freaked out later and had some bad closed eye visuals. Every time I closed my eyes I could see a squid and an octopus taking turns in attacking me but I calmed down and have not had such an experience since. However, I also wondered if I was just so high that I didn't realise I was in pain.

I did the same experiment a few more times but I took a small dose only. It was not enough to have visuals and be very high but it was enough to stop a migraine. I felt as if I maybe had a couple of beers. I was so happy that it worked. However, I didn't have easy access to magic mushrooms which is why I came here and met people who were able to help. I want to be able to give myself a stable supply of medication and help those who have the same problem.

I have attached an image of various drugs you can try if you suffer from migraines. I have tried multiple drugs but have had no luck with a number of them. However, the triptan drug which I was prescribed worked but the side effect was severe angina and I felt like I was having a heart attack or something. It works well for many but for others it can cause severe cardiac problems. The brand name of this drug is Imigran and it is actually closely related to LSD and psilocybin but it does not make you hallucinate. The downside is that in some countries you need a prescription and it can also be expensive in certain countries, especially if you need to use it often.

Codeine would also give some relief but more often than not I would take it to knock me out. You do not want to use this too much because it can give you an ulcer and ruin your liver.

Some of you might also be surprised to know that caffeine can work quite well if you have a migraine. It is a vasoconstrictor which means it will constrict the vessels that carry blood. When you have a migraine the blood vessels in your head expand and this causes pain so what you need is for them to constrict again. If you have a normal headache then do not take caffeine as it would probably only make it worse for you. Sometimes if I wake up wilt a slight migraine coming on and I do not have any mushrooms etc then I find that some aspirin and a strong coffee can fix me.

I hope some of you find this helpful. It is only my second post too so if I have made any etiquette mistakes or put it in the wrong section then please do not scold me too much.

Cheers


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics for Migraines - My Story [Re: migraineur]
    #12159228 -

this is quite interesting as i suffer from migraines myself. It's pretty cool that psychedelics posses the potential to cure the headaches but also i guess its kinda impractical to eat a few grams before work to cure the headache.

anyways nice post i have to try this sometime :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics for Migraines - My Story [Re: thomasbe]
    #12159357 -

Good post:thumbup:
Lot of people getting the word and some relief...


--------------------
Yours in the Natural State Land of Enchantment!

"Sometimes the only way for a man to find true happiness is to take drugs in a group" - Cochise

No makin funna my pomes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics for Migraines - My Story [Re: thomasbe] * 1
    #12159439 -

Let me know how you go. I didn't need a lot to abort the migraine. The capsules I had were 00 or 000 size which is under a gram, especially since the mushrooms were shredded and not in a powder form. I believe I could take half a cap and be fine.

The drug Cafergot is ergotamine tartrate mixed with caffeine which you can get by prescription. I am not sure how expensive it is and I have never tried it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics for Migraines - My Story [Re: migraineur]
    #12167827 -

Personally, I find that LSD and mushrooms worsen my migraine symptoms. They make me think... a lot. I feel like I think myself into a migraine frenzy when I'm on those drugs and most often need to take an abortive like Ultram or Relpax before I can fall asleep.

There is a great website called Cluster Busters that is devoted to making psilocybin use for Cluster headaches mainstream, or at least recognized.

It is important to note, however, that Cluster Headaches ARE NOT MIGRAINES! Both Migraines and Clusters are relatively poorly understood (in relation to other diseases we know of), but it is known that clusters & migraines do not act via the same pathways.
I'd add some sources but I am far too tired to look back at my research papers I have saved on the topic.


--------------------
EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics for Migraines - My Story [Re: Patisotagami]
    #12168764 -

psylocibe mushrooms are very easy to grow.

www.mushroomvideos.com and chck out the cultivation forums


--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Suffering from Migraines? Eightball 1,162 6 05/14/07 01:04 PM
by Newbie
* Migrains of unbelieveable pain AJ4U 2,115 17 06/16/07 05:31 PM
by Spooge
* Migraine felixhigh 737 5 10/26/08 11:12 PM
by SirSmokesAlot
* Paths of Heart/Coming out of the Psychedelic Closet
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 8,893 41 02/22/10 09:21 AM
by Cloud9
* Totally lost it. Psychedelics = suicide? leery11 4,106 19 04/10/06 08:10 AM
by leery11
* Relationship and psychedelics? *update* Toolman 2,422 17 04/11/04 02:22 PM
by Gus
* Psychedelics as an aid to self-psychotherapy redtailedhawk 1,517 8 05/20/05 01:18 PM
by Icelander
* Use of psychedelics in difficult situations Puppet1 1,067 9 09/21/05 02:54 PM
by Jon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,111 topic views. 2 members, 4 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.